Pressure on in Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Pressure on in Syracuse

This may just be my issue, but I'm having trouble opening OE's links on Tapatalk on my phone lately. It gives me an "invalid URL/redirect" error. Am I the only one or is this happening to others as well?

This may just be my issue, but I'm having trouble opening OE's links on Tapatalk on my phone lately. It gives me an "invalid URL/redirect" error. Am I the only one or is this happening to others as well?
me too :(

Worked for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I receive the same redirect error message as well.

Error message for me too...I'm on iPad...what's everyone else using?

Doesn't work for me. Iphone. Taptalk.

Works for my ipad...which is surprising because i normally cant get anything to work on it,

Same for me on an iPhone... it's been that way for quite a while now. I don't know if it's a Tapatalk thing or it's a Safari thing related to the URL scheme being used. I'll have to look at it more closely.

Unfortunately, Tapatalk on the iPhone doesn't let you simply copy the URL (which I believe is not accurately being forwarded for OE's links) nor select a different browser.

Thanks for posting regardless, Orangeeyes. I'm sure the problem is on my end. Really appreciate the work.

I am having the same problem with my iPhone.

It looks to me as though OE linked a link to a Google search rather than the link directly. I think that when either Tapatalk or Safari does not understand how to handle what is really a redirect link, hence the problem. Here is a direct link to the article in question. I suspect it will work for iPhone/iPad/iMac users.

iPeople, please give it a try and let me know how you make out.

By the way, what OE is doing is fine and should work. I think the Apple people have some work to do here. Will try and contact them to get this addressed.

Direct Link to Pressure Link

The direct link you just posted worked for me on my iPhone with Tapatalk.

I am having the same problem with my iPhone.

It looks to me as though OE linked a link to a Google search rather than the link directly. I think that when either Tapatalk or Safari does not understand how to handle what is really a redirect link, hence the problem. Here is a direct link to the article in question. I suspect it will work for iPhone/iPad/iMac users.

iPeople, please give it a try and let me know how you make out.

By the way, what OE is doing is fine and should work. I think the Apple people have some work to do here. Will try and contact them to get this addressed.

Direct Link to Pressure Link

I think Tom hit the nail right on the head. I'm having the same issue, but I always hate complaining about anything OE does. Would be great if they were direct links, though.

I think Tom hit the nail right on the head. I'm having the same issue, but I always hate complaining about anything OE does. Would be great if they were direct links, though.
These links are found through Google searches. It would add another step to what I already do which is very time consuming as it is. There are many html issues with what I do, fonts changing size, spacing which changes from what is posted. Here is a suggestion, if you have a link that won't open put the headline in a Google news search.

These links are found through Google searches. It would add another step to what I already do which is very time consuming as it is. There are many html issues with what I do, fonts changing size, spacing which changes from what is posted. Here is a suggestion, if you have a link that won't open put the headline in a Google news search.

Absolutely. Please don't think i'm being unappreciative!

I agree, I don't want to sound like I was complaining, because as I've said in the past we are lucky to have OE. I was just wondering if I was the only one having issues.

No I didn't take it as complaining. Just letting you know how to work around it. I must say that I have had some strange requests though. One reader asked that I type in what newspaper each article was from so he could decide whether or not to read them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom