Pretty good Syracuse recruiting chart. | Syracusefan.com

Pretty good Syracuse recruiting chart.

Good graphic!
Need to get Pinson and Aaron!

So glad that we got DaJuan "Dajuan" Coleman on board!!!

great chart! i think it highlights the fact that while the future front court is set we really need to block in a guard.

Am I crazy, or is Taco Charlton, listed on that site as a power forward, a football recruit?

Am I crazy, or is Taco Charlton, listed on that site as a power forward, a football recruit?

Maybe he could play as a walk-on. The we want taco chant would be great.

cool site
Bees, that guy who posted it on the Boneyard is a NC State fan. Not sure if he has tried to post it here yet. He goes by Philawolf. The best thing about it is that you can access any of the schools he has completed so far. Maybe you can post it or something.

Bees, that guy who posted it on the Boneyard is a NC State fan. Not sure if he has tried to post it here yet. He goes by Philawolf. The best thing about it is that you can access any of the schools he has completed so far. Maybe you can post it or something.

he just applied and was approved for the site sometime today.

he just applied and was approved for the site sometime today.

He has all 344 D1 teams, wonder how this is accomplished? Kind of mind boggling really.

To quote John Candy, "My reputation proceeds me, otherwise I'd be late for all my appointments."

Thanks for all the kind words.

Some caveats, I just launched the site last week, so there are a ton of issues with the data for current rosters. I've brought in all the information historically from ESPN, Scout and Rivals, and between redshirting, players going to prep school, players going to junior colleges, and transfers, I've had to go in and manually update the rosters for each team. I did a very rough first pass on the rosters for the BCS schools before I launched, and then a fairly thorough roster review of the ACC schools, and now the Big East and Big Ten schools. I'm hoping to get through the Big XII and Pac-12 tomorrow.

To quote John Candy, "My reputation proceeds me, otherwise I'd be late for all my appointments."

Thanks for all the kind words.

Some caveats, I just launched the site last week, so there are a ton of issues with the data for current rosters. I've brought in all the information historically from ESPN, Scout and Rivals, and between redshirting, players going to prep school, players going to junior colleges, and transfers, I've had to go in and manually update the rosters for each team. I did a very rough first pass on the rosters for the BCS schools before I launched, and then a fairly thorough roster review of the ACC schools, and now the Big East and Big Ten schools. I'm hoping to get through the Big XII and Pac-12 tomorrow.

It's good stuff.

You're not crazy. Rivals creates basketball profiles for two sport athletes whose main sport is football, and whose offers are for football. Since I grab all the offers that Rivals shows, I bring in those profiles even though they're not necessarily for basketball. I'm looking at a way to handle such profiles programatically, but I haven't had a chance to put that in place yet. It's funny, I started this whole project to save me work when creating the NC State recruiting chart, but hey its been fun creating it and I'm happy to see so many people find value in it.

One other note, if you have any suggestions let me know, and I'll try to incorporate them, as long as I can keep my wife from leaving me for spending so much time working on this site.

Are we no longer involved with Kuran Iverson ? I think we need another SF soon.
I read on one of the sites I browse that he scratched us after Grant signed.

One other note, if you have any suggestions let me know, and I'll try to incorporate them, as long as I can keep my wife from leaving me for spending so much time working on this site.

Absolutely awesome work. It's funny, I usually did this virtually exact same thing with pencil and paper during lunch at work, but that was just for one team. Now you have done it for everyone in one spot. And I like the cross referencing with the player as the index, and all the schools showing interest, then the depth chart at that position for each school interested.

Get yourself some advertisers. Get a spiffy title, one that people will remember. You are going to get a lot of traffic. That means $$$ for you. That will make your wife want to hang around.

Absolutely awesome work. It's funny, I usually did this virtually exact same thing with pencil and paper during lunch at work, but that was just for one team. Now you have done it for everyone in one spot. And I like the cross referencing with the player as the index, and all the schools showing interest, then the depth chart at that position for each school interested.

Get yourself some advertisers. Get a spiffy title, one that people will remember. You are going to get a lot of traffic. That means $$$ for you. That will make your wife want to hang around.

Thank you! I showed this post to my wife, and she's definitely been a little more understanding today. :)

Not that it matters at this point for Taco (committed to Michigan the other day), but I've created a way to hide the two-sport athletes whose primary sport is football, so if you see any others, just let me know and I'll hide them. Oh, and I've now done a thorough review of all the BCS schools, so they should be ~99% correct in terms of the current rosters.

Hey Cuse,

In an attempt to get my mind off this afternoon's game, and any bodily harm I might inflict on an ACC referee. I decided I'd give you an update on the site:

For those of you who were having issues with the size of the chart being too large and having to scroll left to right, I've made a fix so that viewing the page should be easier with no scrolling.

The rankings are now in lock-step with ESPN, Scout and Rivals. I've now put in place a process that checks for new rankings nightly, so they should stay in sync. I've also added the change between the current rankings and the previous rankings for each player.

I've added a check for changes in the star value for each player's profile at Scout, Rivals and ESPN, so issues with the star values being "stale" for players should now be addressed.

I've added the team committed to for the player ranking pages, and addressed the issue where the 2013 rankings weren't showing up properly.

I've also added twitter profiles for every ranked recruit (overall or by position) that I could find for the classes of 2012 and 2013.

Take a look and let me know what you think.

Verbal Commits - Syracuse Page

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom