Program ain't what it used to be | Syracusefan.com

Program ain't what it used to be

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
Another home court loss. Another home court drubbing. I didn't expect to win this game. But the 2nd half drubbing was embarrassing. Yes they shot the lights out. But when defenders give you so many open shots you should make most of them. Good teams defend their home court. We are not even competitive with UNC and Virginia. And it isn't just this season. Looks like a 7th or 8th place finish in the conference. Middle of the pack again. Let's hope we can win a game or 2 in the NCAAT against teams who have never played against our zone so we can "confuse" them.

Another home court loss. Another home court drubbing. I didn't expect to win this game. But the 2nd half drubbing was embarrassing. Yes they shot the lights out. But when defenders give you so many open shots you should make most of them. Good teams defend their home court. We are not even competitive with UNC and Virginia. And it isn't just this season. Looks like a 7th or 8th place finish in the conference. Middle of the pack again. Let's hope we can win a game or 2 in the NCAAT against teams who have never played against our zone so we can "confuse" them.
The worst part is knowing our recruiting that’s led to this is exactly what’s coming in next year.

Talented at the 2,3,4 but no elite talent and lacking a true Point Guard to go along with some “Made for the Zone” developmental Centers.

Lol I know it's so funny every year how we win a couple games in the NCAAT and everyone puts all there worries to rest. We should be top 3-4 every year in the ACC and sweet 16 every year what has happened

you said it, we're a middle of the pack acc team. sad but true. 5 years in a row. and lets face it, if tre jones doesnt get hurt we're on the bubble again.

you said it, we're a middle of the pack acc team. sad but true. 5 years in a row. and lets face it, if tre jones doesnt get hurt we're on the bubble again.
Tre Jones doesn’t get hurt we don’t see OConnell . Arguably a wash OConnell killed us in Cameron and Jones can’t make anything

I’m not sold that Goodine and/or Girard won’t be better than our PGs the last few years.
Better than Frank? Bar isn’t too high.

Jury’s still out on Carey.

Virginia’s front court players made SU look like a bunch of high schoolers. The talent level between these two teams is staggering. Not a single SU player would start for Virginia. It’s not even close. They make shooting the ball look easy and you expect every shot to go in. Every SU shot is a hope and prayer.

The lack of shooting is a worse problem than a lack of bigs. Virginia’s bigs don’t do anything, but dunk and rim protect. They sure can shoot the piss out of the ball though. Our main guys are just not efficient enough on offense.

Eh, we're the super annoying crap seed in the tourney nobody wants to see as we can slow the game down to a crawl and just might be scrappy enough to pull out a win - we're a mid-major, but with higher rated recruits.

Which means we'll make some fun runs for us in the tourney, but otherwise, we're kind of painful to watch. :( I wish we could score, or would recruit a PG.

That's kinda fun. I guess. Assuming we make the tourney, and the run...

We don’t have a power forward.

Our center has zero offensive moves outside of the occasional lob and an uncontested layup.

Our PG really isn’t a PG, he’s a converted shooting guard that can’t shoot.

I’m amazed that people on this board expect more. This is a significantly limited team that’s been able to scrap out a winning ACC season, which is kind of remarkable.

Well, we’ve got to pick a struggle folks.

Either players are worse or development is worse.

Virginia has lower rated players and consistently dominates the best league in CBB.
both can be worse

Tre Jones doesn’t get hurt we don’t see OConnell . Arguably a wash OConnell killed us in Cameron and Jones can’t make anything

Well, O'Connell did have 16 against us in Cameron, but at the same time he played a huge role in allowing our guards (in Jones' absence) to have their way on the offensive end. Him and 0-10 Jack White in lieu of Reddish. Remember, it was 14-2 when Jones went down. We scored 88 points in regulation and 95 total. By far our greatest output of the season...coincidence, I think not.

Eh, we're the super annoying crap seed in the tourney nobody wants to see as we can slow the game down to a crawl and just might be scrappy enough to pull out a win - we're a mid-major, but with higher rated recruits.

Which means we'll make some fun runs for us in the tourney, but otherwise, we're kind of painful to watch. :( I wish we could score, or would recruit a PG.

That's kinda fun. I guess. Assuming we make the tourney, and the run...

Ha, we are like yesteryear's Princeton. :):(

Virginia has lower rated players and consistently dominates the best league in CBB.
So clearly this is Bennett and his team of coaches. you get to draw your own conclusion here

And then promptly falls on its face in the tournament while Bennett kneels on the sideline with a glazed “oh my god it’s happening again” look on his face.

Virginia’s the 2nd best team in the country and they played like the god damn Warriors. Im not upset about the loss.

I’m thinking Battle choosing to come back may have bought Boeheim 5 more years though.

And then promptly falls on its face in the tournament while Bennett kneels on the sideline with a glazed “oh my god it’s happening again” look on his face.

We’ll see. They lost hunter right before March last year. Obviously he’s a difference maker. Yes they still should have won but it does matter. Them collapsing to us in the elite 8 was highly unpredictable but hardly a flame out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom