Program changing win | Syracusefan.com

Program changing win

Cuseball

Starter
What a great job by Autry tonight. Masterfully switching defenses, outcoaching Hubert and showing full control of the team. The team is obviously listening to Autry and they answered his challenge. This is the type of win that changes perception and changes program direction. Recruits notice and the team sees what they can do with optimal effort and listening. Very happy for Red and the team. Great, great win!

cuse

My continuation of early post was Brown amazing, Actually everyone was great. We just needed everyone to play hard andJ.J. wow bro. GreatJob Buddy

Even in the Clemson loss I saw some positives. Red must be pulling the right strings in the mental aspect for the players leading up to the game.
Yes! I wish I had more details about what Red says to the team to fire them up and to keep their psyches positive. And then I wish we could all drink from that bottle!

Will there be a letdown after tonight’s victory? Not if Red has anything to say about it. And he actually does!

Seems like the zone caught UNC by surprise a bit. Did we play it much in the drubbing?

Even in the Clemson loss I saw some positives. Red must be pulling the right strings in the mental aspect for the players leading up to the game.
What people miss about the equation..

Exactly. We were tied with Clemson with about 3 or 4 minutes left, and then just fell flat the last few minutes.

What a great job by Autry tonight. Masterfully switching defenses, outcoaching Hubert and showing full control of the team. The team is obviously listening to Autry and they answered his challenge. This is the type of win that changes perception and changes program direction. Recruits notice and the team sees what they can do with optimal effort and listening. Very happy for Red and the team. Great, great win!

cuse
One can only hope it is a 'program changing win'. We'll see. All depends on the actions that follow. One more bad loss and people will start forgetting this.

It's the first real bright spot we've had in a long, long time.

It gives us a better story, a path forward. What we do with this story and path could change the program.

If getting drubbed by BC cannot end the program, then beating UNC cannot save the program.

Yes! I wish I had more details about what Red says to the team to fire them up and to keep their psyches positive. And then I wish we could all drink from that bottle!

Will there be a letdown after tonight’s victory? Not if Red has anything to say about it. And he actually does!

He said "This one's for Beadle's sinuses".

Don’t get too high and don’t get too low. We still are not near where we need to be on a consistent basis. But this is a huge positive step to get there.
We got very hot for the whole game. Doesn’t happen too often for any team. So I would not expect this for the rest of the way. If we can just put up the same effort I would be happy, even if the shots don’t fall.

Sorry don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer. Just my thoughts.

I was most impressed with the discipline and focus of the players in executing the game plan. It is extremely difficult to have young people do something they don't like - in this case play slow. I think its the General who points out that we are better playing slow and tonight it was a strategic gem by Red and surprisingly professional execution by the players.

As far as program changing win...let's see what Saturday brings.

Seems like the zone caught UNC by surprise a bit. Did we play it much in the drubbing?
I don't know - Hubert had that little guard ready to go, and with 6.5 players who could play, I think Hubert has seen too much hoop not to have some zone prep ready. I think he may have been surprised at how active it was and how we rebounded out of it, but I think they anticipated zone.

One can only hope it is a 'program changing win'. We'll see. All depends on the actions that follow. One more bad loss and people will start forgetting this.

It's the first real bright spot we've had in a long, long time.

It gives us a better story, a path forward. What we do with this story and path could change the program.

If getting drubbed by BC cannot end the program, then beating UNC cannot save the program
Agreed. All good points. We all said the same thing after we beat Clemson in football and we all saw how things progressed over the next few years. But we sure can be happy in the short term here today!

PS. Glad to respond to something where you don't have to hate my guts.

One small quibble. Not program changing… I would say it is coaching tenure changing possibly… depends on how we capitalize.

I liken it to Dino beating Va Tech his first year (or if you want to call this Clemson, that’s fine too…)

Shows what the team is capable of - playing with anyone in the country. Now need more depth, higher end top talent, and consistency.

I don't know - Hubert had that little guard ready to go, and with 6.5 players who could play, I think Hubert has seen too much hoop not to have some zone prep ready. I think he may have been surprised at how active it was and how we rebounded out of it, but I think they anticipated zone.
I think the zone threw UNC off initially but if you look at the metrics it was actually one of UNCs most efficient offensive games all year. They had less turnovers last night than they did in Chapel Hill.

It was the defense - it was UNC worst defensive game since Hubert has been there. They couldn’t contain JJ or Mintz

I think the zone threw UNC off initially but if you look at the metrics it was actually one of UNCs most efficient offensive games all year. They had less turnovers last night than they did in Chapel Hill.

It was the defense - it was UNC worst defensive game since Hubert has been there. They couldn’t contain JJ or Mintz

Hubert over reacted to Maliq hitting those two 3s as well and they got caught out of position consistently the rest of the game as they didn’t just over help on the drive and ignore everyone not named Bell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom