Projecting next year's schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Projecting next year's schedule

Isn't next year an anomoly because of Dome construction? I would think playing at a team like Liberty won't happen again once the Dome is done.
I would play teams like UNC-Charlotte or Old Dominion 2/3 for 1.
We need as many 2 for 1s as we can get so we can have 7 home games a year.
It’s expensive to buy FBS pay games.
We did with Middle Tennessee and it cost close to a 1 million dollars.

I’m mainly talking about 7 home games and specific to next year playing at a liberty and opening with 2 road games. I’m not saying go schedule Alabama. But that first game should be a cupcake at home. 7 home games.

I don't know the specifics of the Dome work, but others seem to think that's a reason we open on the road. And honestly, opening on the road against a relative cupcake doesn't strike me as too bad. Worked out well opening at WMU this year.

Not sure 7 home games is going to be an option for us. That means only playing 1 OOC road game a year, and I don't think we're going to be able to command that.

We still do a piss poor job of scheduling. If we’re going to act like a top 25 team, start getting 7 home games like the big boys most of the time and don’t play at a Liberty.

Sigh.
We likely made that @ Liberty so we'd have that much more time for the Dome reno.
Also - $. They are paying us a crapton to go play them there.

These schedules are set in advance, often several (or many) years.
We can't "act like a Top 25 team", when we haven't BEEN a Top 25 team, except for these past few weeks.
:rolleyes:

I would play teams like UNC-Charlotte or Old Dominion 2/3 for 1.
We need as many 2 for 1s as we can get so we can have 7 home games a year.
It’s expensive to buy FBS pay games.
We did with Middle Tennessee and it cost close to a 1 million dollars.
I agree. Hopefully were working towards that, but regarding next year (and really the next few) , I think the Dome construction is throwing that off a little.

Bye week 3 is the requirement. Gives the school the most time possible for renovation and really allows the team to focus all in on Maryland and the rest of the month to practice and develop depth.

Come out of the first month healthy, rested, a lot of kids with time, and go into the conference.
2019 is a 2 bye week season, so week 3 will probably be a bye and we'll have another later in the year.

I hope we get FSU away week 3, they're gonna see growth in their system in the middle of that year.

Lets start the DOME renovations whatever that takes...however with one exception...

Wouldn't it be cool to play a Sept game in the dome with no roof!!!

I can see the marketing department now.....We are going Topless for the first time ever!!!

A great schedule for Syracuse would be
Week 1 At Liberty
Week 2 at Maryland
Week 3 BYE
Week 4 Thursday at NC State
Week 5 Clemson College Gameday

As NC State will be breaking in a new QB as well and playing them early would be great and it gives the Dome all of September to get worked on.

its already signed as
wk 1 @ liberty
wk 2 @ maryland
wk 3-likely a bye
wk 4 Vs western michigan
wk 5- vs holy cross
id think week 5 clemson is a good chance

A lot of our fans seem to think that Clemson opens up the season on a Thursday against GT to debut the new ACC network. Any of you guys heard this?

If anyone is opening up the ACC network, it's going to be Clemson.
Notre Dame at Louisville might get moved off ESPN on Labor Day in favor of ACC Network as well.

As someone who lives in Richmond, VA I would like us to play at Liberty every year. Also at UVA. Heck why aren't we scheduling home games at University of Richmond also?

They're not actually replacing the roof until summer 2020 IIRC, not sure I understand the need to play on the road for all of september. Is the infrastructure work going to require sealing off large sections of the stadium?

A lot of our fans seem to think that Clemson opens up the season on a Thursday against GT to debut the new ACC network. Any of you guys heard this?
If Dabo leaves, will that affect that possibility? Seems like he was suggesting he is open to offers...any recruits we could poach?

Yes, I think this is going to happen. The more attractive the games are they televise, the more demand for the channel.

Right now Clemson gets the best ratings of any ACC school by far. I bet they try and put as many of the ND games played at ACC venues on it as well for the same reason.

Reactions: gbo
If Dabo leaves, will that affect that possibility? Seems like he was suggesting he is open to offers...any recruits we could poach?
I wouldn't think it would based on what we have going into next year. I don't know of specific ones but coaching changes always bring about decommitments.

They're not actually replacing the roof until summer 2020 IIRC, not sure I understand the need to play on the road for all of september. Is the infrastructure work going to require sealing off large sections of the stadium?
dome-exterior-taggedinstory-600x338.jpg

I believe the focus during the summer of 2019 is going to be on getting the support system for the new roof in place. I would not expect much work to be done inside the stadium that would require sealing off sections of seating.

That said, you don't want people walking around the Dome while cranes and crews are working with steel up top.

We still do a piss poor job of scheduling. If we’re going to act like a top 25 team, start getting 7 home games like the big boys most of the time and don’t play at a Liberty.

Has anyone explained why we're playing Liberty? I'm not complaining, I'm just confused. Do we need a game in Appalachia for recruiting? That seems off. Is Babers tight with Turner Gill?

dome-exterior-taggedinstory-600x338.jpg

I believe the focus during the summer of 2019 is going to be on getting the support system for the new roof in place. I would not expect much work to be done inside the stadium that would require sealing off sections of seating.

That said, you don't want people walking around the Dome while cranes and crews are working with steel up top.

Is that a roller coaster on top of the Dome like at New York New York in Vegas? Wildhack isn’t messing around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom