Projecting the two deep | Syracusefan.com

Projecting the two deep

GoSU96

Living Legend
Not any great insights here, just based on some pressers, brief glimpses, and experience.

Starting Defense - DL. Diggs, Wilson, Hastings, Jaquez; LB Wax, McDonald; DB Grant, Chestnut, Clark, Barron, Lewis. Six Seniors, Four Juniors, One RS Soph.

Offense - OL Weatherspoon, Petry, Reed, Bradford, Washington; TE. OG; WR, Haynes, Pena, JRS; QB, McCord; Rb, LQA. Four Seniors, Seven Juniors, One RSF

Here’s a note on the OL Average of 6-5, 318 for all 17. Only one is under 300.

DL - 7 kids you would project inside average 300, that’s a remarkable change.

2s D DL, KJE, Perry, Nwokocha, Jobity; LB, Sparrow, ZMG;, DB Barnes, Perry, Gould, Delaine, Bellamy. 3 Jrs, 5 so, 1 RSF, 2 Fr

O OL Cruz Jr, Moeolo, Ilaoa, Miller, Wohlabaugh,;TE Villari/Mang; WR Hatcher, Meeks, Gill; QB Johnson; Rb Willis. 4 Sr, 5 Jr, 2 So, 1 Fr

Last edited:
Not any great insights here, just based on some pressers, brief glimpses, and experience.

Starting Defense - DL. Diggs, Wilson, Hastings, Jaquez; LB Wax, McDonald; DB Grant, Chestnut, Clark, Barron, Lewis. Six Seniors, Four Juniors, One RS Soph.

Offense - OL Weatherspoon, Petry, Reed, Bradford, Washington; TE. OG; WR, Haynes, Pena, JRS; QB, McCord; Rb, LQA. Four Seniors, Seven Juniors, One RSF

Josh Miller have any chance? And will Wohlabaugh ever be healthy enough to play?

I bet they both get snaps in the opener

Josh Miller have any chance? And will Wohlabaugh ever be healthy enough to play?
I think they are on the 2nd line right now. I think DW was playing with the starters last night in what they showed from the scrimmage

2s D DL, KJE, Perry, Nwokocha, Jobity; LB, Sparrow, ZMG;, DB Barnes, Perry, Gould, Delaine, Bellamy. 3 Jrs, 5 so, 1 RSF, 2 Fr

O OL Cruz Jr, Moeolo, Ilaoa, Miller, Wohlabaugh,;TE Villari/Mang; WR Hatcher, Meeks, Gill; QB Johnson; Rb Willis. 4 Sr, 5 Jr, 2 So, 1 Fr
Good guess. Will be interesting to see what surprises emerge, if any.

I'm counting 10 starters on your offense unless it's me.
WR, Haynes, Pena, Jrs —- Meeks, Hatcher, Gill. I think it’s fluid and could a freshman break through, absolutely.

We are heavy Sr (10) and Jr's (11). Have we been this heavy with experience in the last 10 years or so?

Who do you envision on Specials?

p - Stonehouse (solid)

K - Denaberg (how do we think he’s going to do this year? He’s been underwhelming thus far, although he’s been asked to do a lot outside of his range. To me, he hasn’t proven to be reliable yet. Nobody likes to talk about kickers but he could be the difference between a good season and a great one. Does anyone have insight?)

PR - Pena?

KR - Allen? Who else is deep? Would be interesting to see James here. I’m not sure who we’ll see returning kicks. Can’t forget about the return game! Hidden yards! And, a great way to snatch a game we shouldn’t win if we can make sudden strikes. They can change the entire complexion of a game. We did a quite a bit of that the last time we were legitimately good.

Thoughts?

I believe that some "in the know" have stated already that Bellamy will start at Corner. The battle currently is for the other spot.

p - Stonehouse (solid)

K - Denaberg (how do we think he’s going to do this year? He’s been underwhelming thus far, although he’s been asked to do a lot outside of his range. To me, he hasn’t proven to be reliable yet. Nobody likes to talk about kickers but he could be the difference between a good season and a great one. Does anyone have insight?)

PR - Pena?

KR - Allen? Who else is deep? Would be interesting to see James here. I’m not sure who we’ll see returning kicks. Can’t forget about the return game! Hidden yards! And, a great way to snatch a game we shouldn’t win if we can make sudden strikes. They can change the entire complexion of a game. We did a quite a bit of that the last time we were legitimately good.

Thoughts?

‘Love to see James on KOR

I am curious about Ross Simmons availability week 1. Does he have time to catch up, he has been very limited since arriving on campus. I believe Fran mentioned when JRS got here he had a hand thing and now the hammy.

Last edited:
I am curious about Ross Simmons availability week 1. Does he have time to catch up, he has been very limited since arriving on campus. O believe Fran mentioned when JRS got here he had a hand thing and now the hammy.
If there is any doubt about how he's feeling you sit him week 1 and get him right for the remainder of the season. To big of a weapon for him to be hamstrung all year.

Flip Hatcher and Pena and I think this is spot on. Pena is first in though.

Ross Ross Ross Ross Ross diddly Ross

Did I mention Ross? :D

p - Stonehouse (solid)

PR - Pena?

Thoughts?

Denaburg was never set up for success under Babers in my true honest opinion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom