Props to Wisconsin | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Props to Wisconsin

props to Wisconsin? This is the worst post I've ever seen. Wisconsin is bad, like really bad. Their passing was awful. They are a 6 win big ten team. It is one of the worst losses I have ever seen in the dome.[/QUO

I wasn't going to respond nicely after seeing this lame post. You always view things through your orange goggles and your handle is oh so appropriate. Instead I will figure out some sort of wager and take Wisconsin for more than six Big 10 wins.

Even the last two years they were still in the 300's in possessions per game. They were just so efficient offensively it didn't matter, and yeah they'll finish in the top 5 of the Big Ten. Michigan has injuries. Indiana was overrated, and Ohio State is terrible this year. Outside of Maryland, MSU, and Purdue that conference doesn't have power teams. I don't think this ends up being a bad loss at all.

Even the last two years they were still in the 300's in possessions per game. They were just so efficient offensively it didn't matter, and yeah they'll finish in the top 5 of the Big Ten. Michigan has injuries. Indiana was overrated, and Ohio State is terrible this year. Outside of Maryland, MSU, and Purdue that conference doesn't have power teams. I don't think this ends up being a bad loss at all.
I'm not going to predict wins, but they played very well, and had an obvious game plan -- spread us out with their shooters and pound it inside. Worked perfectly .. our 5 is 205 pounds. Their forwards were well prepared and knew exactly how to exploit us, including cheating out on us defensively b/c we're smallish inside.

Last edited:
I didn't see anybody complaining about Wisconsin or Ryan last year with that Kaminsky team. They were a high scoring team and exciting. I suspect this year since they aren't a very talented team, that, milk the clock and make the zone work against a Syracuse team who is woefully thin may have been the strategy.

That the worse team frequently wins in college hoops because the game favors teams that fall on the floor a lot and hold the ball as long as possible really sucks. 30 sec. shot clock is an improvement, but I don't see why that is different at different levels of bball. Just make it uniform at 24 seconds.

I'm not fond of Wisconsin's style of play either, and I'm ticked SU lost. They did flop. There were fouls both ways that should and should not have been called. They slow the ball down to work for a good shot. It is not fun offensive basketball to watch. It is more reminiscent of the old Princeton fundamental/methodical offense.

But hey, Wisconsin won. That's all that matters, whether they should have won or not, and whether they are a great team or a team that really sucks. There are some on this board who dislike the zone all the time, but it works for SU often resulting in wins. It's what they do. Whatever style it takes for a team to win, they should play that style (O and D), even if we like more of a run and gun and jam offense. Heck, Wisky beat UK last year in the final four - I'll take that every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom