Purdue Postgame Party... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Purdue Postgame Party...

Credit to Card, that dude took some hits and hung in there and threw some pretty passes.
He is good and will only get better. He’s an accurate passer. I think Purdue is better than people think because the Fresno St game. Fresno is taking it to Arizona State right now. They are a solid G5 team.

I think the argument can be made that holding the ball with legs doesn't mean control? Only thing I can think of.
Yeah. I didn't see an SU player control the ball. When they unpiled Purdue guy had it.

No, that was the first one. The second one was the strip, and the SU guy literally had possession, then 77 for Purdue dove in to try to rip it loose after our guy was already on the ground. When the refs separated everyone, our guy walked away with the ball. Terrible call. The guy going out of bounds was tough, but was the right call.
Right? We had the ball first. And we had it last.

When did Purdue ever have it? Never, as far as I could see?

So I see the stat about back to back 3-0 seasons, when was the last time we won both sides of a P5 home and home?

It's probably going to be something recent, but it really hasn't happened much dating back awhile.

Was in the car for almost the entire game, radio coverage is so frustrating. Matt bleeds orange so much that he's more fan than pbp guy, really leaves you in the dark.

Thrilled that we won that game.

Last edited:
I thought the poor separation late was somewhat due to the calls. Some weird calls by Beck late. Also Purdue could have been nailed for illegal contact quite a few times knocking guys off their route too far downfield.
yea i’ll give them a pass

No, that was the first one. The second one was the strip, and the SU guy literally had possession, then 77 for Purdue dove in to try to rip it loose after our guy was already on the ground. When the refs separated everyone, our guy walked away with the ball. Terrible call. The guy going out of bounds was tough, but was the right call.
It got to the point where I was afraid to return from every commercial break to find something new might be (speciously) under review.

Man, I hope so. I always stress over the Academies because they play a completely different style.
They are still overwhelmingly based in the triple and Rocky Long is known nationally for dominating that offense. If we don't win by 3+ scores something went very wrong.

UTSA is down this year and did not come to play last night. ULM dominated Army week one.

Hopefully Jones is okay. I’ll give the WRs a pass for this game. I still think it’s a talented group, just an off night. I like our chances at the Dome against Clemson. I thought the line played well. Several of the sacks were avoidable but GS was trying to improv. Great performance overall.
Some of those “drops” would have been all world contested catches. It wasn’t like Shrader was dropping dimes all night on deep balls.

Pros
Running game on offense
Beck play design/playcalling outside of the failed tricked play
Run defense
Generating turnovers

Cons
Wide Receivers
Pass defense a little leaky
Penalties
Missing the 44 yard FG
Refs refs refs

The failed trick play being that swing pass where no one went deep? I don’t think it was a trick play because the WR never even looked up. I think GS was just thinking “guy in space”

Yeah. I didn't see an SU player control the ball. When they unpiled Purdue guy had it.

Huh?
Simmons (I’m pretty sure) is the guy who had the ball in his arms when the pile was cleared away.

I thought OL 77 might’ve dived in there and ripped it out.
But clearly he did not.

Given that the ball was:
Fumbled.
Not possessed by a Purdue player.
Actually possessed by a Syracuse player.

You’d think it’d be a pretty easy call to get correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom