Purdue writer: "Never been in louder venue in my life." | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Purdue writer: "Never been in louder venue in my life."

Yepp. Musician earplugs still let the high end in, so you can hear what's going on. As a musician with old guitar amps that only sound right cranked to 11? They are a must, in that environment. Dome noise is brief, and much safer than what any older musician has put themselves through.

If you already have tinitus? Good idea to bring some to the dome. My meter, and earplugs are always in my clear dome bag. It truly is a safety thing for anyone that already has some hearing damage. No reason whatsoever these safety devices shouldnt be allowed in the dome.
My youngest daughter, who has sensory issues but is a huge SU fan, wore her headphones on Saturday. The 4th quarter would have been a problem if she hadn't.

BTW. The loudest indoor stadium EVER recorded was 126db, by the Sacremento Kings. If we don't hit #1 on the football list, we may be able to call ourselves the LOUDEST indoor stadium in the COUNTRY. (For all I know, the World)

I hope we can make this happen.
Sacramento Kings? That's a lot of angry boos to make that kind of noise.

I thought there were more people in the Dome for Purdue . The announced attendance was lower. Maybe with the hype there were a lot less no shows for Purdue .
A little more people, but the crowd started to trickle downward after halftime against Purdue. The student overflow lost about half of its fans at halftime. It was a fairly boring game for casual fans through 3 quarters.

I have had tinnitus issues for the past few years and this game was not quite as bad as some others. Never needed to put my earplugs in but probably should have during some of those loud moments in the fourth. Clemson in 2019 was the most insane in that category by far, along with a one or two bball games. For those worried that earplugs will have too strong of a muffling effect, some companies like Ear Peace sell ones that have different levels of sensitivity. Often I put the lowest level ones in so it just dulls the crowd a little and you can still talk to the people sitting with you without issue.

I thought it was a little louder on Saturday than against Louisville.

There were more exciting moments in the Purdue game where the crowd went crazy. And it was a lot closer game, so there was more sustained noise.

I think so many of the fans that attended want this team to win so badly that we kind of played a role in willing the team to victory.

All credit to the players and coaches but I think the crowd played a little bit of a role too. We are hungry for a great team.

If we had been winning 8-10 games every season, the fans wouldn't have been nearly as loud, IMHO.

DO IT!

Even if it isn't earth shattering? It COULD be for NC State.

Here's a list. Would love to be in the 120's.
View attachment 220149

Having been to Kyle Field several times, I can personally attest to the Dome being much, much louder in big games. Both in football and in basketball. That chart probably lacks substantive documentation and calibrated meters.

It almost appears as if it was pulled out of someone's nether regions.

There were more exciting moments in the Purdue game where the crowd went crazy. And it was a lot closer game, so there was more sustained noise.

I think so many of the fans that attended want this team to win so badly that we kind of played a role in willing the team to victory.

All credit to the players and coaches but I think the crowd played a little bit of a role too. We are hungry for a great team.

If we had been winning 8-10 games every season, the fans wouldn't have been nearly as loud, IMHO.
Counterpoint: if the team had been winning 8-10 games every season, we would have had more fans in the stands for both games.

Hoping that this is the start of that.

I am slightly embarrassed to say there were several moments in the last couple minutes where I couldn’t even cheer. I just stood and gaped at what was unraveling before me. So many emotional ups and downs. It was exhausting.

Although I did slap hands with the goth kid who was jumping around down my row.

Having been to Kyle Field several times, I can personally attest to the Dome being much, much louder in big games. Both in football and in basketball. That chart probably lacks substantive documentation and calibrated meters.

It almost appears as if it was pulled out of someone's nether regions.
Perhaps you are correct, but it has also been used by SI and twenty4seven. Its all we've got, and we are always in the top 10.

The 126db for an indoor stadium is a Guiness World Record. I think we can beat it.

I am slightly embarrassed to say there were several moments in the last couple minutes where I couldn’t even cheer. I just stood and gaped at what was unraveling before me. So many emotional ups and downs. It was exhausting.

Although I did slap hands with the goth kid who was jumping around down my row.
It was mentally exhausting, looks like we’re going to lose, Think we might win , no lose , definitely win , crap we blew the game, we did it !!!!!

I know Dino does not want to hear it but the air conditioning also helps to get the fans louder. I think those scorcher early season games it was impossible to get it going.
My wife had similar sentiments when we were driving home

You are correct junk. That was the game Mike kicked the ball into the stands. You’re also correct that we saw each other at Joyce’s gathering. I had forgotten about that.

I believe that was the day that Lil Joe and I serenaded you all with our version of the BC fight song.

I want to say 2003, a day or two after Aaron Boone.

I have had tinnitus issues for the past few years and this game was not quite as bad as some others. Never needed to put my earplugs in but probably should have during some of those loud moments in the fourth. Clemson in 2019 was the most insane in that category by far, along with a one or two bball games. For those worried that earplugs will have too strong of a muffling effect, some companies like Ear Peace sell ones that have different levels of sensitivity. Often I put the lowest level ones in so it just dulls the crowd a little and you can still talk to the people sitting with you without issue.
I’ve had tinnitus in my left ear for 14 years… we went to the Shinedown concert after the game. No earplugs at either. The ringing is just starting to dull back a bit.

It’s still gotten progressively worse over the years. I can no longer sleep without a tv or ambient noise in the background. I prefer the thunderstorm ones.

No doctor has given me any type of an answer. When it first started they thought I was fos. It’s real.

Is anyone concerned that an unintended consequence of the new TFT roof, is sound retention. With this kind of talk at 30K fans, does 45K cause potentially ear damaging noise?

You are correct junk. That was the game Mike kicked the ball into the stands. You’re also correct that we saw each other at Joyce’s gathering. I had forgotten about that.
I thought “why is Rick calling me “junk”….

Then I looked back at a post from last week that I made and….#&$@% autocorrect!

Is anyone concerned that an unintended consequence of the new TFT roof, is sound retention. With this kind of talk at 30K fans, does 45K cause potentially ear damaging noise?
Nahh. Cover your ears. Besides, its usually brief. Example. 124db for 4 seconds? No worries.

Anyone with tinnitus, or hearing issues knows what they can handle. (Why I bring ear plugs - in case it gets crazy)

This poster my be the biggest troll on this page LOL
How is this trolling? People are talking about ringing ears with crowd size of Ville and Purdue. Adding another 10K people, doesn't make for potentially much more noise? Posters have definitely stated that new roof material holds in the sound, more than the soft hefty bag.

Yes!! Hence the waiver! I can see the billboards on 690.

“Going to the game Saturday? Have you signed your waiver?”

I’m being serious. Someone needs to get on this!

Anyone know how outdoor stadiums are louder than indoor stadiums? I know Seahawks stadium was architected with sound acoustics in mind to make it loud. But others? How can other places beat 126 in an indoor location?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom