PUT ALL THE RESOURCES INTO DAN MULLEN | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

PUT ALL THE RESOURCES INTO DAN MULLEN

He had a huge reputation coming out of Miss. State.

What's the explanation for the losing record this season and the quick decision to cap him?

I'm not offering an opinion - I'm asking for information.

I like the idea of hiring a guy with the reputation this guy had up until a few weeks ago and I like the connection to the Pasqualoni/DeLeone era.

But I am always leery of hiring a guy who could not make in a higher profile position.
Probably the same reason Coach O got fired at LSU 2 years removed from winning a NC. In the top half of the SEC, it’s not about what you’ve done, it’s what you’ve done lately. If we were a program like that, I don’t think Dino would have survived year 4.

This article explains a lot about his issues maintaining at UF. Ironically it’s similar to the issues Dino has had since he’s been here. Lack of consistency of depth and talent on the OL.

He was a grad assistant at Syracuse. You don’t take no for an answer. Florida didn’t work out, but he had excellent success at miss st. The guy knows offense. He may want a year off or a higher profile coaching position then Syracuse. You go to him with a blank check and have him write down what it will take for him to come here and be head coach. DO IT WILDHACK
Damn. I’ve been in Barbados with the family all week. When Syracusefan decide to give out free cocaine?

I take him in a heartbeat. As long as people understand he will use us to get a better job.

Havent read all 11 pages, would love to have, he's a good XandOs coach but he would no way be interested in coming here due to culture.
In 2020 he was lobbying for full stadiums at the swamp, no way he is interested in coming here and putting up with mask requirement stuff on campus in 2022

He had a huge reputation coming out of Miss. State.

What's the explanation for the losing record this season and the quick decision to cap him?

I'm not offering an opinion - I'm asking for information.

I like the idea of hiring a guy with the reputation this guy had up until a few weeks ago and I like the connection to the Pasqualoni/DeLeone era.

But I am always leery of hiring a guy who could not make in a higher profile position.
This is a good primer for those who want actual info from ppl in the know: The undercurrents of Florida’s coach search — Split Zone Duo — Overcast

I mean, some of us here are defending a guy that's staring 5 losing season out of 6 in the face. The fanbase would kill for Dan Mullen's level of "failure" at Florida.
Worse players than Florida, bigger hill to climb in both program building and recruiting due to being at the bottom of our conference

Damn. I’ve been in Barbados with the family all week. When Syracusefan decide to give out free cocaine?

Simple process actually. Just turn your points in. You do have to pay shipping though.

Reactions: CIL
I mean, some of us here are defending a guy that's staring 5 losing season out of 6 in the face. The fanbase would kill for Dan Mullen's level of "failure" at Florida.

Its the same people who want to keep DB that are like, oh no, he only had a top 15 recruiting class and beat SEC competition until last year. Oh no, we don’t want that guy.

So Mullen has a down year in Covid and that shows he’s not a good coach. DB wins one game in the ACC and it’s….. because of Covid. Lol.

I take him in a heartbeat. As long as people understand he will use us to get a better job.

Any good coach we get will. Or we can keep a coach for 6 years who will have one good winning season, a bunch of terrible seasons and then throw in a 1 win season for fun too.

Its the same people who want to keep DB that are like, oh no, he only had a top 15 recruiting class and beat SEC competition until last year. Oh no, we don’t want that guy.

So Mullen has a down year in Covid and that shows he’s not a good coach. DB wins one game in the ACC and it’s….. because of Covid. Lol.
We went 1-10 during Covid but apparently that’s ok.

Not compared (hence relative to) tv and tournament revenue

Men's basketball provided almost $23M of the total $86M that the athletic department earned last year. That's ticket sales and concessions. That's more than 2/3 of the amount we get from the ACC television contract with ESPN. It's significant.

Skip Holtz is available, got fired at Louisiana Tech with a winning record. Didn't he turn us down and we hired Doug and Doug beat him 2 of 3 while Skip was at USF.

Skip Holtz is available, got fired at Louisiana Tech with a winning record. Didn't he turn us down and we hired Doug and Doug beat him 2 of 3 while Skip was at USF.
La Tech was 3-8 this year. Unless you mean overall. They did win 10 games last year. He was largely unsuccessful at USF and has never been a P5 HC.

La Tech was 3-8 this year. Unless you mean overall. They did win 10 games last year. He was largely unsuccessful at USF and has never been a P5 HC.
I think Holtz was 20 games over .500 overall at La. Tech.

Actually Mullen had a very good COVID year.

He was extended after last year.

We’re going to need a coach who can build a program while doing more with less (think Clawson) and we have people going to bat for a guy who couldn’t build a program while sitting in the most recruit dense part of the country with all the players money can buy

He’s an elite OC

Mullen HC, Ed O as DC and Moorhead as OC. This is probably what it takes to turn this program into a ACC title contender.

If VT is a B-List program I guess we would be in the C or D List for coaches.

Virginia Tech would be one of the most coveted jobs on the board. But it is on top of the B-list in 2021, and the extension for Clawson and attention on Napier may leave Tech ready to pivot. Can it afford to lure a sitting ACC coach? Would an established Power 5 coach consider Tech an elite job? This could be headed to elite coordinators – Brent Venables? Tony Elliott? Marcus Freeman? Mike Elko? Bill O’Brien? Dan Lanning? – or a Group of Five coach like Coastal Carolina’s Jamey Chadwell, Marshall’s Charles Huff or UAB's Bill Clark.

With $200 million already spent, where will USC, LSU and Florida turn?

I feel like Florida canning Mullen after one bad year is a bit of an overreaction. In his first three years there he finished 6th, 7th and 12th in the AP Poll with two NY6 bowl wins.
Very well could be a overreaction but it also one that we need & lack ... COMMITMENT TO THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM, basketball as well

Very well could be a overreaction but it also one that we need & lack ... COMMITMENT TO THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM, basketball as well
He has a rep as a bad recruiter. This is at Florida with a hot recruiting territory right in his back door. Now, move him to Syracuse and how does he do. He isn't the answer. We need the answer. We need a guy that will recruit with anyone up here.

I don’t think spending $120 million on the Dome upgrade and a new $150 million athletic complex is showing a lack of commitment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom