Class of 2024 - QB Andy Bass (OK) Verbal to Oklahoma | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Andy Bass (OK) Verbal to Oklahoma

I get the impression he’s waiting on something closer to home. K State only offered him as a PWO so far and I have my doubts as to the OK offer being commitable.
It appears that Oklahoma did not offer him as as a QB.

It doesn't sound like we have offered him as a QB either. Sounds like more of a football player role. A RB/WR who may get to throw some occasional passes.

He’s waiting on something otherwise he would have already committed to Syracuse. Whether it’s position or school.

I think Andy is definitely very interested in SU and we are not going to finish third.
Logically one would think it's us and one of the two from the heartland as the final choices.

Logically one would think it's us and one of the two from the heartland as the final choices.

The OU offer may not be for QB, and may not even be commitable.

And Beck has a track record for helping athletic guys show out, even if they’re not necessarily a “QB” all the time.

So, you’ve gotta like our chances here.

3⭐️ ATH Andy Bass Talks Recruitment & More | Oklahoma Sooners | Syracuse Orange | Kansas State | KU

It would be fair to guess that SU will be in his Top 3, since he mentions that he is planning a trip to attend the SU-Clemson game.

He says he models his game after Christian McCaffery as a very versatile player - I think the Jason Beck philosophy of using a player who can pass and run in unique roles on the field is be a big selling point in favor of Syracuse. I got the impression that he mentions Syracuse more than any other school in this interview. I think he also said his HS team scored 72 points in the state championship game!

Is visiting OU - I think today. That could change everything.
He’s lived in Oklahoma for three years. At least don’t have to compete with the dream school factor.

He’s lived in Oklahoma for three years. At least don’t have to compete with the dream school factor.
It is apparent in that interview he's not too terribly attached to the state of Oklahoma. His father is a Marine, and Andy seemed to relate more to San Diego than OK. He also says flat out he expects to play RB or slot in college. Certainly could be a good kick returner or punt returner too (IMO).

Maybe not exactly a LaNorris Sellers situation, since Sellers was committed to Jason Beck for 2 years, and Bass is not committed to any school. But OU is a SEC school in his home state. He also says he's never had a dream school. He just starting getting college offers in May, and is playing it as they come.

Whoa - didn't necessarily expect that.

Hope he ends up here, for selfish football reasons. But if this was my kid, I know what I'd be advising him to do.

It will be tough for him to leave the state

Kid seems genuinely interested in us. If Beck is still around; maybe we get him through Portal in a few years, if he chooses OU or KSU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom