Class of 2024 - QB Andy Bass (OK) Verbal to Oklahoma | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Andy Bass (OK) Verbal to Oklahoma

If I’m this kid, I commit to either Harvard or Yale or Princeton and don’t look back.

Agreed.

3⭐️ ATH Andy Bass Talks Recruitment & More | Oklahoma Sooners | Syracuse Orange | Kansas State | KU

It would be fair to guess that SU will be in his Top 3, since he mentions that he is planning a trip to attend the SU-Clemson game.

He says he models his game after Christian McCaffery as a very versatile player - I think the Jason Beck philosophy of using a player who can pass and run in unique roles on the field is be a big selling point in favor of Syracuse. I got the impression that he mentions Syracuse more than any other school in this interview. I think he also said his HS team scored 72 points in the state championship game!

Is visiting OU - I think today. That could change everything.

Last edited:
3⭐️ ATH Andy Bass Talks Recruitment & More | Oklahoma Sooners | Syracuse Orange | Kansas State | KU

It would be fair to guess that SU will be in his Top 3, since he mentions that he is planning a trip to attend the SU-Clemson game.

He says he models his game after Christian McCaffery as a very versatile player - I think the Jason Beck philosophy of using a player who can pass and run in unique roles on the field is be a big selling point in favor of Syracuse. I got the impression that he mentions Syracuse more than any other school in this interview. I think he also said his HS team scored 72 points in the state championship game!

Gotta like that he is visiting us for the Clemson game. Sounds like that is his only future offical visit set up at the moment. Our odds just went up big time. We'll see what comes about with his OU visit today. And definitely sounds like he is planning on playing an athlete roll as he said he wants to model his game after Christian McCaffrey.

He does look great in Cuse Orange! Andy…​

IMG_5651.gif

Agreed.

You guys are so anti Dartmouth and Penn.

And New Mexico State.

You mean be the next Ed Marinaro at Cornell?

I remember when Ed lead the NCAA in yards rushing per game. The Ivies played fewer games than the big programs, so not total yards, but he's still all over the record books for per game rushing and scoring.

Most Yards Gained Career Per Game
174.6—Ed Marinaro, Cornell, 1969-71 (4,715 in 27)

Most Rushes Season Per Game
39.6—Ed Marinaro, Cornell, 1971 (356 in 9)

Most Rushes Career Per Game
34.0—Ed Marinaro, Cornell, 1969-71 (918 in 27)

Earliest Game reaching 1,000 Yards in a Season
5th—Ed Marinaro, Cornell, 1971 (1,026)

Career Rushing Yards Per Game
First all time
Ed Marinaro, Cornell 1969-71 27 918 4,715 50 174.6 Yds/Gm
(Minimum 2,500 yards)

Season Rushing Yards Per Game
Currently third all time behind Barry Sanders, Oklahoma St. and Marcus Allen, Southern California
Ed Marinaro, Cornell 1971 9 games 209.0 Yds/Gm

Annual Rushing Champion (per game)
1970 Ed Marinaro, Cornell Jr. 9 285 1,425 158.3
1971 Ed Marinaro, Cornell Sr. 9 356 1,881 209.0

All Purpose Yards per Game Annual Champion
1971 Ed Marinaro, Cornell Sr. 1,881 51 0 0 0 1,932 214.7

Season Points Per Game
5th all time
Ed Marinaro, Cornell 1971 Sr. 9 24 4 0 148 16.44

Career Points Per Game
Second all time
Ed Marinaro, Cornell 1969-71 27 52 6 0 318 11.78
(Minimum 225 points)

Scoring Annual Champion points per game
1971 Ed Marinaro, Cornell Sr. 9 24 4 0 148 16.4

After playing in the NFL for 5 years, Marinaro became an actor.
IMG_5849.jpeg

"I think the Jason Beck philosophy of using a player who can pass and run in unique roles on the field is be a big selling point in favor of Syracuse." Agree with ECE'76 here.

With a 4.37 and his other skills I’d put Andy in the RB room at SU. 5’11” 200 and so far the fastest player on the team if we are fortunate to have him commit.

Riding out SU for the Clemson game? Smart, but watch Tigers try to poach him the following Monday. Or at halftime. They probably already have a special assistant assigned just to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom