Class of 2024 - QB Andy Bass (OK) Verbal to Oklahoma | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Andy Bass (OK) Verbal to Oklahoma

This is such BS.

I’m also sure he’s not realizing that, let’s say OU pays him $50k to cover room & board, that he’s gonna owe tax on that $50k, so now it’s more like $40k.

And there’s zero guarantee of renewal of NIL, or even that they will follow thru, in case he’s not impactful, or gets injured, or whatever.

Good luck, kid.
Choose wisely.
That’s why you have a contract.

I think you’re right.
I have no crystal ball, but he's an Army brat and has lived in different places and I don't think coming to Syracuse will bother him or be a significant problem at all - we're going to find out soon.

So he wants to do it when school is in session. Understandable. Also seems much more likely its Oklahoma to me as this is before he was going to take another visit to Syracuse with his Mom. Guessing he may want to see his friends and schoolmates reactions when he selects the hometown team.

I don't get why many on here are enamored by Bass coming to SU. We already have a much better QB committed and also have a pretty good stable of QBs on-campus.
Umm, wouldn't he be the fastest guy on the SU roster, for one? He can play multiple positions - RB, slot, QB, Beck-gadget guy, returner - that's worth a lot. He was scored higher as a QB in an Elite 11 than our 4-star QB commit, Jakhari. If you think about the glory years under Mac and P, SU had so many fast athletes to throw at the opponent. That's when we used to win a lot of games. And lastly, the guy is a great student.

And besides all that, he's apparently the only 2024 player currently in play to make a decision involving SU right now, so who else would we focus on?

He’s not coming to Syracuse, but the longer he waits the better.

Looks to me to be a bigger version of Hunter Renfrow or Wes Walker type. Would really kill it in our offense. He’ll wither on a vine at Oklahoma. Venables sucks but does it surprise anyone that he’s the new Syracuse recruit stalker. We kicked his ass for a couple of years and he knows it. (South Carolina knows it to.)

Getting recruiting wins against B1G and SEC schools is is about to get even harder than it already was

I feel like we are on a good run. I don't know that we need him. I'd like more tools in the arsenal, but I'm fine either way here.

He’s not coming to Syracuse, but the longer he waits the better.

Looks to me to be a bigger version of Hunter Renfrow or Wes Walker type. Would really kill it in our offense. He’ll wither on a vine at Oklahoma. Venables sucks but does it surprise anyone that he’s the new Syracuse recruit stalker. We kicked his ass for a couple of years and he knows it. (South Carolina knows it to.)
If he is not coming, why is it better that he waits?

Getting recruiting wins against B1G and SEC schools is is about to get even harder than it already was
Out of high school that is. And once they portal transfer after riding the pine they’re locked in for 2 years.

A PWO at OU with NIL covering tuition and expenses plus some spending money works out nicely for him. I assume being an in state resident the tuition is not too expensive as well, unlike at SU for PWO's.
Another huge advantage for big state schools, as well as other unique programs, like BYU. Essentially, bypassing 85 scholarship limit.

Anyone else not able to comment using Chrome?
I'm using chrome and i can comment fine. Although starting several months ago I think, I have issues when trying to paste an image when using a snipping tool. It takes absolutely forever for that to work.

So they will skirt around scholarship limits through NIL to pay these types of players enough to cover their expenses to essentially give them a schollie without officially using a schollie.

I know it happens and has happened before, especially in other sports, but that's going to be a killer for the programs who do a good job finding diamonds in the rough and developing them.
Especially in state guys at public schools. Another strike against private schools.

Wait a second, the school is arranging NIL to cover his cost of attendance?

What - how isn’t that a violation of the scholarship limit?
Did he say the school was organizing it? They probably are, but I don't think he said that.

A PWO at OU with NIL covering tuition and expenses plus some spending money works out nicely for him. I assume being an in state resident the tuition is not too expensive as well, unlike at SU for PWO's.
What NIL? Everyone doesn't get NIL. It's cheaper to attend as an in state student and even then, they'll probably work something out with the financial aid office so that his payments are close to nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom