Class of 2024 - QB Andy Bass (OK) Verbal to Oklahoma | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Andy Bass (OK) Verbal to Oklahoma

OFFERED>ANDY BASS 2024 HERITAGE HS, OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
# 7 6' 0" 195, 4.42 40, 21.7 200M, SH 4.19, BP 275, SQ 430, VJ 38, '22 200 - 319, 2833YDS, 28 TDS PASS 8 INTS, 125 CARRIES 970 YDS, 17 TDS RUSH
COLLEGE OFFERS
Penn (5/15/23)
New Mexico State (5/16/23)
UNLV (5/17/23)
Air Force (5/17/23)
Kent State (5/22/23)
North Texas (5/22/23)
Cornell (5/23/23)
UConn (5/23/23)
Army (5/23/23)
Navy (5/26/23)
Dartmouth (5/28/23)
Syracuse (5/31/23)
Harvard (6/2/23)
Yale (6/2/23)
cropped-amb1.jpeg

ASSETS PER JR HUDL FILM NOTE: HAS BOTH SEPARATE RUNNING AND PASSING TAPES
DEPENDING ON POSITION THE FOLLOWING 40 TIMES ARE PERTINENT:

GOOD = 5.0 - 5.99

FAST = 4.9 - 4.99

FAST= 4.8 - 4.89

FAST= 4.7 - 4.79

FAST= 4.6 - 4.69

FAST= 4.5 - 4.59

VERY FAST= 4.4 - 4.49

ELITE = 4.2 - 4.39<

DUAL THREAT
AGILE
BALANCED
VERY FAST
STRONG
MUSCLED
TOUGH
EXC JUKES/MOVES
BIG ARM
ACCURATE/ GETS BALLS TO HIS RECEIVERS
THROWS QUICKLY
NICE READS
GOES THROUGH PROGRESSIONS QUICKLY
WAITS FOR PLAY TO DEVELOP / HAS SPEED TO GET OUT OF TROUBLE
OUTRUNS D
THROWS NICE BALL HIGH ON GO ROUTES /TIGHT SPIRALS
THROWS THROUGH TIGHT WINDOWS
GREAT FOOTWORK USES HIS SPEED TO HIS ADVANTAGE
GOOD ANTICIPATION AND TIMING OF RECEIVERS ROUTES
ABLE TO PLACE BALL WITHIN REACH OF HIS TARGETS ALLOWING THEM TO MAKE A PLAY ON THE BALL
THROWS BALL WITH HIGH VELOCITY REACHING HIS RECEIVERS QUICKLY
OVER THE TOP PASSER WITH HIGH RELEASE POINT
GREAT FOOTWORK PRIOR TO SET UP
PATIENT WHEN PLAY IS DEVELOPING
WORKS WELL WITHIN POCKET
VERY DANGEROUS WITH BALL ON RUN/WILL EITHER GAIN YARDAGE HIMSELF OR THROW FOR YARDAGE

OBVIOUSLY ANDY WOULD BE A GREAT GET//I BELIEVE HE WOULD BE ONE OF THE FASTEST DUAL THREAT QB'S WE'VE HAD AT SU.

Andy Bass Football Bio 2022

7Andy Bass​

• Position Quarterback/Athlete
  • Height 6-0
  • Weight 195
  • Class Junior

COLLEGE OFFERS

Penn (5/15/23)​

New Mexico State (5/16/23)​

UNLV (5/17/23)​

Air Force (5/17/23)​

Kent State (5/22/23)​

North Texas (5/22/23)​

Cornell (5/23/23)​

UConn (5/23/23)​

Army (5/23/23)​

Navy (5/26/23)​

Dartmouth (5/28/23)​

Syracuse (5/31/23)​

HIGHLIGHTS

Hudl: Junior Season, 2 min (Condensed Version)

Hudl: Junior Season, 4 min (Run Only)

Hudl: Junior Season, 6 min (Pass Only)

Hudl: Junior Season, 5 min (Full Version)

Hudl: 2022 State Championship Game, 2 min

PASSING STATS

Jr: 200-319 (62.7%) for 2,833 yds, 28 TD, 8 INT​

So: Ineligible - OSSAA Transfer Rules; QB of JV team​

Fr: Not at HH​

RUSHING STATS

Jr (R): 125 car, 970yds, 17 TD​

DEFENSIVE STATS

Jr: 1 solo tackle​

SPECIAL TEAMS STATS

Jr: 20 punts, 34.0 avg, 5 inside-20, 58 long​

HONORS & AWARDS

2023 Elite 11 Atlanta Reg #1 SPARQ Ath Rtg (117.60)​

2022 OSSAA Class 3A Football State Champion​

2022 USA Today Oklahoma Offensive POY Finalist​

2022 Oklahoman 1st Team Little All-City (QB)​

2022 HHFB Offensive Player of the Year​

2022 Vype Oklahoma Preseason Team (QB)​

2021 HHFB Practice Co-Player of the Year​

TRACK & FIELD ACHIEVEMENTS

2023 OSSAA Class 3A State Champion (Team)​

2023 OSSAA Class 3A State Meet MVP (points scored)​

2023 OSSAA Class 3A 100m State Champion (10.56)*#​

2023 OSSAA Class 3A 200m State Champion (21.74)*​

2023 OSSAA Class 3A 4x100 State Champion (41.96)*#​

2022 OSSAA Class 3A 4x100 State Champion (42.08)*#​

* = HH Record, # = State Meet Record​

MEASURABLES

40-YARD (4.42) / SHUTTLE (4.19)​

VERTICAL (38")​

POWERBALL TOSS (39')​

BENCH (300) / SQUAT (475) / POWER CLEAN (275)​

Kid seems like a perfect fit for the "football player" role that Beck used at UVa.

Imagine him taking a pitch, and being a threat to either run or pass. With that speed, it would put a LOT of pressure on safeties to come up to make the run, but with his ability to sling it...

Kid seems like a perfect fit for the "football player" role that Beck used at UVa.

Imagine him taking a pitch, and being a threat to either run or pass. With that speed, it would put a LOT of pressure on safeties to come up to make the run, but with his ability to sling it...
The problem is two fold, if safties come up and miss, he takes it to the house.
And he also can throw the pass.

Offers imply quality student/human being. Didn't really see an ACC quarterback, but athletic enough for a position change, maybe?
Agree his throwing was shaky, but fast and athletic. Throwing motion would need to improve to be QB.

I am comparing quarterbacks, all 2024 recruits who have either been offered recently, we have a strong interest in them and / or they will be visiting in June. They are in no particular order:

ANDY BASS < OFFERED, 6' 0" 195, 4.37 - 4.42 40, 200 - 319, 2833 YDS, 28 TDS PASS. 62.7 %,
125 CARRIES - 970 YDS, 17 TDS RUSH - DUAL THREAT

JOHN WHITE < OFFERED ON VISIT TODAY, 6' 1" 190, 4.4 HIGH 40, 224 - 425, 3175 YDS, 28 TDS 68%. ( JOHN IS A PURE PASSER, ALTHOUGH VERY FAST AND ABLE TO SCRAMBLE HIS RUSHING YDS ARE NON EXISTANT - I FIND ONLY HIS PASSING YDS WHICH ARE EXEMPLARY) - PRO-STYLE SCRAMBLER

EVANS CHUBA< OFFERED, 6' 4" 212, 4.6 40, 133 - 259, 2173 YDS, 20 TDS, PASS 51.4 % 356 YDS RUSH, 7 TDS, 7.6 YPC - DUAL THREAT

BRENDAN ZURBURGG,< OFFERED, 6' 4" 185, 4.5 40, 154 - 202, 2184 YDS, 23 TDS, 76%, 356 YDS, 11 TDS, RUSH - DUAL THREAT

JACOB ZAMOT< OFFERED, 6' 1" 200, 4.7 40, - 213 - 353, 3,158 YDS, 27 TDS, 60.3%, 14 - 23, 177 YDS, 0 TDS RUSH - PRO -STYLE
tep624: I am replying to my earlier post and to your catch. Three of the five have been offered

Of the five QB recruits here Evans Chuba and Jacob Zamot have not yet been offered, my mistake and apology.

I had both correctly not offered on my EVAL's. then progressed to this and have them offered. I have to re-check/re-read my work every time. No excuses.

Last edited:
That doesn't sound promising.

Think we needed to get a verbal coming out of this weekend.

Hope we land a QB soon.

I like his versatility. I saw he is waiting to make a decision. Hope it works out but I do not see su waiting if other players on their board want to commit.

Maybe the vision of the "swiss army knife " role wasn't what he he wanted to hear about? No idea. He sounds like he wants to go through the whole process also, so could be that.
I just want the best of the three or two of the top three. lol

Maybe the vision of the "swiss army knife " role wasn't what he he wanted to hear about? No idea. He sounds like he wants to go through the whole process also, so could be that.
Yeah: Already it sounds like he would be like Hill for N.O. What QB wants to hear he won’t be a full time QB. (Unless that role is limited until he can win the job.)

Yeah: Already it sounds like he would be like Hill for N.O. What QB wants to hear he won’t be a full time QB. (Unless that role is limited until he can win the job.)
Unless others are telling him they're going to move him completely and he thinks the only way he'll get to be QB will be in a hybrid role.

Kid looks like a stud athlete and FAST, but he's definitely undersized for a P5 QB. That's not the end all / be all; there are plenty of examples of shorter QBs excelling at the P5 level, but it could be a limiting factor in terms of opportunities to play QB full time.

As you state, probably not what he wants to hear, but might be reality.

Kid looks like a stud athlete and FAST, but he's definitely undersized for a P5 QB. That's not the end all / be all; there are plenty of examples of shorter QBs excelling at the P5 level, but it could be a limiting factor in terms of opportunities to play QB full time.

He was mentioned as having stood out at the Atlanta Elite 11 but it wasn't for his QB skills. It was for his athleticism and he scored some ridiculously high sparq rating of like 117. I'd rather have QB doing the QBing though and it just seems like he'll end up at one of the 2 instate schools as a football player.

Agreed. And Beck has shown they like to use superior athletes similar to him in unique ways and get the ball in their hands often be it running, receiving or passing. That has to sound somewhat appealing to him. Maybe they said they project him in a hybrid/athlete role but they would start him in the QB room and see where it goes from there.

He was mentioned as having stood out at the Atlanta Elite 11 but it wasn't for his QB skills. It was for his athleticism and he scored some ridiculously high sparq rating of like 117. I'd rather have QB doing the QBing though and it just seems like he'll end up at one of the 2 instate schools as a football player.
Saw that too. It also said he was timed at a 10.5 in the 100m which was a state record. Hopefully the way Beck has used similar athletes in the past plays into his decision.

It wasn't limited time for Bryce Young with Alabama. Same size and Bryce was no where athletic as this kid.

It wasn't limited time for Bryce Young with Alabama. Same size and Bryce was no where athletic as this kid.
Yeah, size isn't as much of an issue anymore. Tua Tagovailova, Drew Brees, Kyler Murray, and Russell Wilson are other examples. But you've gotta have the QB tools to play QB full time. I think that's the real question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom