Class of 2024 - QB Andy Bass (OK) Verbal to Oklahoma | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Andy Bass (OK) Verbal to Oklahoma

You want guys like that as a RB, DB or at receiver actually what he was offered for at Oklahoma. QB is a bit different. So say he comes to Syracuse and QB doesn't work out? Which it most likely will not, He would be in the portal faster than his 40 time which is fine. I don't think Syracuse sees him as the future QB either.

He also from Oklahoma and all things considered probably where he winds up at the position he should most likely be playing.

The disrespect for Shrader at the QB position when healthy is a bit much here. He's pretty damn good

If the kid is hellbent on playing QB we will see where he winds up
Dead on, we can try and sell him on being a QB here but at the first sign that he won’t legitimately be a QB he will bolt. Would love to have him but I think OU offering will be too much to overcome no matter what their record was last year. It’s the home state monster program who will be an SEC home state monster program when the kid starts college.

why do you guys want a running back playing QB for us?

I wouldn't mind landing Bass because he looks like an elite athlete. I don't view him as a full time QB, however -- but maybe the type of guy who could do QB things, like how Beck used the "football player" role at UVa.

But I see him primarily landing at another position, not necessarily being a full-time QB. But that's what it might take to land him [i.e., offering him an opportunity to start at QB].

nah. Shrader was a QB turned WR turned back to QB. He's 6-4 220. Bass is probably a generous 6-0. Maybe he's our type of QB but I read the elite 11 reviews. He's an amazing athlete, I'm just not sold on his QB ability. Maybe I'm wrong but see Oklahoma.
By your standards Doug Flutie would have never been a QB, now I do not know if this kid will ever be a QB and have said his throwing motion needs work, however his upside as a football player makes giving him a shot at QB worth the risk. You only have one QB with one backup usually, so any time you can bring in an athlete with potential at QB or other positions that is a program win.

[edit last line]

I’m going way out on a limb here.

He knows what he wants to do.

Andy is a smart kid with offers from Harvard, Yale, etc., etc.

Now he’s at his home state university shopping himself as a RB?

I think by now he knows the QB position is not a first priority for some schools.

ANDY BASS < OFFERED, 6' 0" 195, 4.37 - 4.42 40, 200 - 319, 2833 YDS, 28 TDS PASS. 62.7 %,
125 CARRIES - 970 YDS, 17 TDS RUSH - DUAL THREAT

I think he knows what he’s doing. Trying to get in there in a position he’s familiar with – running the ball. Maybe he knows he’s not the QB he thought having taken several visits to show himself off.

Maybe he realizes he’s not going to be the dual threat he is at Heritage and especially at OK?

Seems like he’s a great athlete but not quite tall enough and not able to throw well enough at the high major level w/o some tutoring?

I was waiting for this shopping trip - I wonder if he’s going to be able to go anywhere where he’s not sitting the pine if it’s a P5 school?

Lots of great numbers, but.

Should have accepted our offer and competed with Garrett. Maybe he will still do that and let Jason Beck begin working with him on throwing and other skills he needs at the QB position.

Last edited:
Far as I know he hasn't committed to Oklahoma or anywhere else. I hope we haven't been shown the door here. I know we aren't Ivy league although I have to think our academic rep hold some respect that would give us an edge over okie. He has enormous athletic talent and it seems academic talent to match. Kind of student athletes we should crave here.

[edit last line]

I’m going way out on a limb here.

He knows what he wants to do.

Andy is a smart kid with offers from Harvard, Yale, etc., etc.

Now he’s at his home state university shopping himself as a RB?

I think by now he knows the QB position is not a first priority for some schools.

ANDY BASS < OFFERED, 6' 0" 195, 4.37 - 4.42 40, 200 - 319, 2833 YDS, 28 TDS PASS. 62.7 %,
125 CARRIES - 970 YDS, 17 TDS RUSH - DUAL THREAT

I think he knows what he’s doing. Trying to get in there in a position he’s familiar with – running the ball. Maybe he knows he’s not the QB he thought having taken several visits to show himself off.

Maybe he realizes he’s not going to be the dual threat he is at Heritage and especially at OK?

Seems like he’s a great athlete but not quite tall enough and not able to throw well enough at the high major level w/o some tutoring?

I was waiting for this shopping trip - I wonder if he’s going to be able to go anywhere where he’s not sitting the pine if it’s a P5 school?

Lots of great numbers, but.

Should have accepted our offer and competed with Garrett. Maybe he will still do that and let Jason Beck begin working with him on throwing and other skills he needs at the QB position.
”Should have accepted our offer and competed with Garrett. Maybe he will still do that and let Jason Beck begin working with him on throwing and other skills he needs at the QB position.”

huh?

”Should have accepted our offer and competed with Garrett. Maybe he will still do that and let Jason Beck begin working with him on throwing and other skills he needs at the QB position.”

huh?

Yeah that's weird and well it seems to fit quite often...lol

Far as I know he hasn't committed to Oklahoma or anywhere else. I hope we haven't been shown the door here. I know we aren't Ivy league although I have to think our academic rep hold some respect that would give us an edge over okie. He has enormous athletic talent and it seems academic talent to match. Kind of student athletes we should crave here.
It's Oklahoma and they'll be in the SEC. He's a hometown kid that will be able to say he played there for the rest of his living days. It's a no brainer if they offer.

Dead on, we can try and sell him on being a QB here but at the first sign that he won’t legitimately be a QB he will bolt. Would love to have him but I think OU offering will be too much to overcome no matter what their record was last year. It’s the home state monster program who will be an SEC home state monster program when the kid starts college.
Agree that it is a steep hill, but OU is mostly offering because he is in their footprint and it would be embarrassing if he goes to another P5 program. Notice they were nowhere to be found until after the SU offer.
As to being a QB, he has one talent that QBs absolutely must have and that is the stuff between the ears, other things can be taught and learned, that cannot.

It is my understanding that Okie has offered and to the best of my knowledge he hasn't committed to them.
I'm aware he hasn't committed. There's been some doom and gloom over the offer.

I'm aware he hasn't committed. There's been some doom and gloom over the offer.

Well - we don't exactly have a stellar track record of landing/keeping QB 'croots when their home state "dream school" comes calling after we do.

See: Sellers, LaNorris for the most recent example.

Don't blame this kid at all if he decides to stay home.
They're 1,000x better football program than we are, and he'd always have had that experience -
even if he ends up transferring at some later date.

Well - we don't exactly have a stellar track record of landing/keeping QB 'croots when their home state "dream school" comes calling after we do.

See: Sellers, LaNorris for the most recent example.

Don't blame this kid at all if he decides to stay home.
They're 1,000x better football program than we are, and he'd always have had that experience -
even if he ends up transferring at some later date.
OU is historically a better football program yes. But we're trending up baby! I think the near future looks bright and he can see it as well. I'm sure OU would be a dream come true but kids want to play. If he thinks he has a better shot to see the field and be successful in Syracuse he should take it.

Its certainly a very good sign that his most recent twitter post is a shout out to Cuse giving love. I think we land this kid for the football player roll. He'll line up mostly in the slot and he'll run it, catch it, and throw it. And we hope his OU offer isn't committable now and won't be later on either.

">

Last edited:
OU is historically a better football program yes. But we're trending up baby! I think the near future looks bright and he can see it as well. I'm sure OU would be a dream come true but kids want to play. If he thinks he has a better shot to see the field and be successful in Syracuse he should take it.
Five Ivy league offers, all three military academy's, SU, Oklahoma and a few others. We offer a good balance of academics and athletics. He offers us a great balance of the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom