Class of 2024 - QB Andy Bass (OK) Verbal to Oklahoma | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Andy Bass (OK) Verbal to Oklahoma

I wonder if it matters that it's no longer Lincoln Riley's Oklahoma. Last year Venables had Oklahoma's first losing record since McNabb was our QB.
Great point.

It's oklahoma, it's the kids in state flagship school, but it's not the same as under Lincoln Riley.

Great point.

It's oklahoma, it's the kids in state flagship school, but it's not the same as under Lincoln Riley.
Yeah, if it was apples to apples, then it's a no brainer. But if Venables isn't a great head coach and is only offering a shot at RB and another school is offering a chance to play QB, at least part time, it may be less cut and dry.

Yeah, if it was apples to apples, then it's a no brainer. But if Venables isn't a great head coach and is only offering a shot at RB and another school is offering a chance to play QB, at least part time, it may be less cut and dry.
His best chance to play QB is likely with an Ivy.
We prob offer most dynamic use as offensive player in hybrid role in the ACC
If Oklahoma is a straight up RB offer then he’s got an interesting decision to make

I wonder if it matters that it's no longer Lincoln Riley's Oklahoma. Last year Venables had Oklahoma's first losing record since McNabb was our QB.
If it was us for a NYS kid it would matter, Oklahoma for an Oklahoma kid, probably not as much. Plus they can sell the SEC angle now too.

If it was us for a NYS kid it would matter, Oklahoma for an Oklahoma kid, probably not as much. Plus they can sell the SEC angle now too.
I would think an immediate drop off with a new coach could give a guy pause. Just like us with SU, he probably watches them like a hawk. When a guy comes in and leads them to the first losing record in your life time, it may make him raise an eyebrow. This season may be an important one. Do they bounce back or does Venebles start to cause people to question whether he's someone that should be a career coordinator. Like I said before, if they were offering the chance for him to play QB, it may not matter, but if other schools offer him something they don't and if they're sliding, he may want to look elsewhere.

why do you guys want a running back playing QB for us?
We want a football player playing for us. Kid is a gamer and at 17 is running a 4.36 40 and repping 225 on bench for 15. And he can actually play football. You want guys like that on your team. He's faster and stronger than Shrader already, and it's not that hard to have an arm as strong as is his. He was a WR and in our scheme he does great at QB when healthy.

We want a football player playing for us. Kid is a gamer and at 17 is running a 4.36 40 and repping 225 on bench for 15. And he can actually play football. You want guys like that on your team. He's faster and stronger than Shrader already, and it's not that hard to have an arm as strong as is his. He was a WR and in our scheme he does great at QB when healthy.

nah. Shrader was a QB turned WR turned back to QB. He's 6-4 220. Bass is probably a generous 6-0. Maybe he's our type of QB but I read the elite 11 reviews. He's an amazing athlete, I'm just not sold on his QB ability. Maybe I'm wrong but see Oklahoma.

You want guys like that as a RB, DB or at receiver actually what he was offered for at Oklahoma. QB is a bit different. So say he comes to Syracuse and QB doesn't work out? Which it most likely will not, He would be in the portal faster than his 40 time which is fine. I don't think Syracuse sees him as the future QB either.

He also from Oklahoma and all things considered probably where he winds up at the position he should most likely be playing.

The disrespect for Shrader at the QB position when healthy is a bit much here. He's pretty damn good

If the kid is hellbent on playing QB we will see where he winds up

My opinion is if he can make easy to medium throws sure, offer as a QB but has to be consistent with those.

Could we offer him the chance to play multiple positions? QB, WR,DB, and or k/pr. I know crazy thought. But that speed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom