Class of 2016 - QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College

Barring injuries *knocks on rich mahogany* I expect to beat BC this year as one of our "should wins".

TheCusian said:
Shafer is 1-1 vs BC.

Addazio is on safe ground.

Shafer is not.

He needs to shake that stigma.

It's hard enough to sell Syracuse over Boston.

Addazio is on safe ground.

Shafer is not.

He needs to shake that stigma.

It's hard enough to sell Syracuse over Boston.

I think it's safe to say from a national perception that Boston College is currently a better program right now.

I'm just really surprised that we lost Brown to BC of all places. Addazzio just out recruited us, which is even more impressive since it was an Acosta recruit.

You would think that a good quarterback would want to play with a running back like Washington. If the dominoes "do" start falling and we get some top 3 star and any more 4 stars, we should still get a decent QB. There is no way nobody doesn't want to hand the ball of to Robert.

We need to win games this year to really convince these recruits that this program is really going to change.

Last edited:
cuseguy said:
Addazio is on safe ground. Shafer is not. He needs to shake that stigma. It's hard enough to sell Syracuse over Boston.

My point was that "needing to beat them head to head" may not be the only metric that matters since we have 2 years ago and no one seems to remember. We also finished higher than them in the standings that year.

I agree that there is a feeling that the are rising while we are falling a touch. And it only takes one season where the roles are reversed to gain traction. I also think location is overrated.

Whitey23 said:
Meaningless stat in these situations.

"We need to start winning head to head"

"Shafer is 1-1 vs BC"

The perception - even among our own fan base - is that they are way better than us and its bunk. They had a good year last year and we did not. Recruiting wise they have finished just ahead of us during that time.

The gulf that exists is in perception not reality.

Then you need to watch Dungey's and Womack's highlights for the first time. Very impressive and apparently Anthony Brown agrees.
I came back to delete this post but I see it's too late. A couple beers and some butt hurt get you posts like this, but my opinion of ED and KW's highlights is unchanged.

Of course getting Brown would have been nice but our two youngest guys are pretty impressive on film. I really feel KW is going to be special. The kid has everything but national exposure. I would trade Brown for players of equal quality at other positions. I like ED and KW and won't lose sleep over losing Brown. Nice, but not necessary, IMO.

We are overlooking BC and Addazio. We are forgetting that Addazio was one of Madei's coaches, and O-line at that. The line protects the QB. There is enormous respect for Addazio amongst the 90's SU football alumni. Many if not most wanted to see him at SU. BC has historically recruited NJ VERY well.

Hate to throw it into the mix, but Madei is against the Restore44 movement and sides with his teammate McNabb. Don't think that really had much influence, but it's not great for him to have fresh in his mind when a recruit like Brown asks for last minute advice.

It's obvious why we didn't got Brown. We over recruited at the running back position. Robert Washington is simply to good to not give him the ball every offensive play. What quarterback wants to play in an offense that plans to throw the ball zero times a game? In my opinion, we need to reject RW's commitment in order to get Brown to reconsider.

No way Brown is the lesser player. Another rationalization to keep SU recruiting hope alive, but the Orange still cant win the big one.

lol. You lose some and you win some. Props for BC for landing a quality regional recruit. We all wanted Brown. I like him and wish him the best. I think he is going to be a good college QB I just like Womack better. Something special about him. He is a better athlete, has a stronger arm, has a chip on his shoulder from being under recruited, goes though his progressions and he makes throws that I havent seen Brown make yet. There is a reason why Michigan and 50 other schools tried to get him on campus in january.

Bring the SMU kid to campus. This surprised me but then again the kid kept dragging things out. Screw Addazio and onward and upward!
Dragging things out? It's May of his junior year, it's 10 months to signing day. I'd venture 60-80% of his class isn't committed yet.

It's obvious why we didn't got Brown. We over recruited at the running back position. Robert Washington is simply to good to not give him the ball every offensive play. What quarterback wants to play in an offense that plans to throw the ball zero times a game? In my opinion, we need to reject RW's commitment in order to get Brown to reconsider.
It would be the paragon of foolishness to rescind RW's commitment to get Brown. I really think that, with K. Womack, we've got a QB. And a damn good one, too.

It would be the paragon of foolishness to rescind RW's commitment to get Brown. I really think that, with K. Womack, we've got a QB. And a damn good one, too.

Don't mind him, he is being sarcastic.

From what Ive gathered from other sites, he did what he believes is best for him based upon a variety of factors. I believe we currently have a tough sell at QB in 16 based upon a lack of offensive identity. If we cant get someone we want in 16 we have a much better sell for 17 if things go well on the field this season.

From what Ive gathered from other sites, he did what he believes is best for him based upon a variety of factors. I believe we currently have a tough sell at QB in 16 based upon a lack of offensive identity. If we cant get someone we want in 16 we have a much better sell for 17 if things go well on the field this season.

That's right. We are in flux regarding our identity and until we show a solid offense on the field we will have to sell past it. Anyone justifying this loss based on two incoming freshmen being better is just lying to themselves not to say either can't be better than brown but you never stop bringing in talent at QB specifically athletic players who can potentially change positions.

That's right. We are in flux regarding our identity and until we show a solid offense on the field we will have to sell past it. Anyone justifying this loss based on two incoming freshmen being better is just lying to themselves not to say either can't be better than brown but you never stop bringing in talent at QB specifically athletic players who can potentially change positions.
Based on the film, Womack has a stronger arm, has better touch in his passing game, is faster, and more nimble on his feet. Seems to make better reads, too.

Last two posts ^^^^^ has great points. We dont have a proven offensive system

I think it's safe to say from a national perception that Boston College is currently a better program right now.

.I'm just really surprised that we lost Brown to BC of all places. Addazzio just out recruited us, which is even more impressive since it was an Acosta recruit

Interesting. I wonder if Acosta's expanded recruiting territory into Florida has him stretched a little thin?

bcubs9497 said:
I think what will help in getting a nationally recruited QB is if the OL, this season, can demonstrate that they can protect the QB. Besides, a GOOD offensive line can make a marginal QB look great.

QB protection hasn't been the issue, it's been run blocking.

Dragging things out? It's May of his junior year, it's 10 months to signing day. I'd venture 60-80% of his class isn't committed yet.

It is a relative term. Dragging it out as in he was supposedly going to decide a while ago and it seemed to be getting delayed many times. I am very aware what month it is and how long until signing day it is. I wonder if Addazio and crew negative recruited against our staff, citing the new AD hire as a reason to worry about them staying employed. Not to mention the 3-9 last season.

djorange1989 said:
It is a relative term. Dragging it out as in he was supposedly going to decide a while ago and it seemed to be getting delayed many times. I am very aware what month it is and how long until signing day it is. I wonder if Addazio and crew negative recruited against our staff, citing the new AD hire as a reason to worry about them staying employed. Not to mention the 3-9 last season.

I have no doubt they recruit negatively.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom