Class of 2019 - QB David Summers (CT) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 2/6/19 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 QB David Summers (CT) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 2/6/19

What were his other offers?

Sounds like he had some good ones... and a lot of them, yeah?

Oh make no mistake, Locksley loses.

200.gif

This is what I think of every time I hear the name. (Alan Rickman made this movie watchable, in my opinion)
Come September, let's make it happen!!!

So what’s the story on this guys game?
The kid looks really good to me and looks like he can makes all the throws or at least most and his arm looks strong enough too. I feel this is a excellent pick up late in the game. Nice job HCDB and staff.

Nice. Pick up. Dino. (And Tommy).

I am not a recruiting or football talent person whatsoever, but live in the general area he plays in CT.

Regarded as the #2 pro style QB in the state (his school shut out the #1 in first game; Drew Pyne, a jr headed to a Notre Lame.)

Summers struggled against some of the top teams in the area (New Canaan and Darien). Don’t think his school had any other FBS players at skill positions.

Nice. Pick up. Dino. (And Tommy).

I am not a recruiting or football talent person whatsoever, but live in the general area he plays in CT.

Regarded as the #2 pro style QB in the state (his school shut out the #1 in first game; Drew Pyne, a jr headed to a Notre Lame.)

Summers struggled against some of the top teams in the area (New Canaan and Darien). Don’t think his school had any other FBS players at skill positions.

I thought he may have had a couple more talented receivers in that junior tape. I watched more of that than the senior year tape. He fell off a bit his senior year, but still won state championships back-to-back. Medium sized schools.

His numbers were better Junior year. He is a pure pocket passer. Good anticipation throwing the ball, not much mobility.

What's Matt Canada up to? Maybe bring him on as a consultant?
Unemployed. Heard on a podcast last week that he had a bunch of interviews but nothing worked out. They mentioned USC as an option and you could see Saban locking him up as a consultant.

This is a great pickup for Syracuse. This is why it is so important that Dino Babers is the Head Football Coach at Syracuse University. He and his staff show no panic. They lose talent that does not want to be at Syracuse and then fine equal or better talent that does want to be at Syracuse. Congratulations young Mr. Summers. As ForCuseSake always so correctly states, you have chosen wisely. Go Orange!!!!!!

He actually looks a lot like Tommy Gun II.

From his highlights, I really like that he can roll left and make plays, very hard for a right handed QB. Stats are pretty impressive with his completion percentage for a guy who goes downfield a lot.

Also, he looks like he might be a better runner than is Tommy.

Ah, yes. Summers in Syracuse. Always a good combination
Couldn't agree more. :cool: This would have been a solid get anyway. But for a prospect like this (Ct player of the year and 6'3 gunslinger) to fall into our lap with only a few days left in the cycle, Amy gone and no other QB signed, is a magic trick by the staff.

Last edited: