QB Depth Chart | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

QB Depth Chart

Obviously you didn't see those flares he threw to Tucker and the td to Benson yesterday
Fair enough maybe I didn’t consider those plays pure screens. Maybe I am wrong

Its Rex and Dillion, Summers and Morgan are long term projects and Sunmers isn't physically ready either.
You don’t know this. In fact, you are just guessing.

How can you assume either one of the true freshman is the guy, while the other is a long term project? They have both been on the roster the same amount of time...merely a few months.

Watching a few YouTube clips on each shouldn’t give any of us a definitive conclusion on either.

Wonder how Cade Fortin feels knowing he could be starting now
Probably feels great. Have you seen this offensive line, the disappointment at wide receiver and the head scratching decisions by the offensive coordinator?

Keep an eye on Jacobian...I’ve heard good things.

Let’s hope he’s not a knucklehead like the last backup QB about whom we heard good things.

I remember from his recruiting that he’s a plus athlete, elusive, and has a cannon, but is still learning the finer points of the position.
aka - he’s a typical Freshman.

Really no reason to not start seeing what we have for next year, especially if next weekend goes poorly.
(Which I don’t want to think about, but - it’s out there!! :p )

O

This has been BLOWING MY MIND all day. I’m dumbfounded as to how Dino doesn’t have ANY depth at QB or OL in year 5.

Yes Chance Amie leaving hurt, but the the root of the problem is we never had a QB coach worthy of landing a 4 star QB

Dino dazzled DeVito with promises to be the man at the Cuse which hid our lack of an accomplished P5 QB coach.

I think it was Sean Lewis at the time. Sean is a GREAT coach / guy but no real notches on his belt as QB coach.

Next Dino hired a HS coach who married into his family to coach QB’s. Imagine how easy it was to negative recruit us when that’s what we offered.
Sure enough every quality target we had we lost.

gilberts arrival helps as Dino and Gilbert can talk about Super Bowl QB Jimmy G all day. This paid immed dividends with Lamsen.

Today’s the lack of depth traces back to the Kirk Martin hire. it was a terrible decision by Dino

You don't get the 10-3 season without Martin. Koda came with him. It was a short term win. Hope that Gilbert pays off in the development and recruiting.

Let’s hope he’s not a knucklehead like the last backup QB about whom we heard good things.

I remember from his recruiting that he’s a plus athlete, elusive, and has a cannon, but is still learning the finer points of the position.
aka - he’s a typical Freshman.

Really no reason to not start seeing what we have for next year, especially if next weekend goes poorly.
(Which I don’t want to think about, but - it’s out there!! :p )

Wait, did you say elusive? Now that’s a trait that’ll come in handy.

I thought Jacobian was slow as molasses - didn’t someone say that?

Two-headed QB with more snaps to the most mobile of the two.

You don’t know this. In fact, you are just guessing.

How can you assume either one of the true freshman is the guy, while the other is a long term project? They have both been on the roster the same amount of time...merely a few months.

Watching a few YouTube clips on each shouldn’t give any of us a definitive conclusion on either.

Look believe whatever you want, there's a reason why Dillion is the only QB dressed after Rex.

Keep an eye on Jacobian...I’ve heard good things.

Heard similar but would be shocked if he played this year barring an emergency situation. He's a guy to keep an eye on for next year for sure especially if Tommy transfers

Heard similar but would be shocked if he played this year barring an emergency situation. He's a guy to keep an eye on for next year for sure especially if Tommy transfers
Um, I believe this IS an emergency situation.
Why not let him get some reps?

Unfortunately I am fairly certain it is not. Depth chart this week will tell the story.

Our depth charts ask some questions but they don't tell stories.

Obviously you didn't see those flares he threw to Tucker and the td to Benson yesterday

the play to Benson was such a nice design I wish they'd do more stuff like this instead of once a game. The flow was going right with Benson going left. There was a nice crack block by Nykiem to, whether intentional or not (might have been a rub on the route) but it played a large part in springing Benson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom