Class of 2022 - QB Henry Belin IV (NY) Offered | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 QB Henry Belin IV (NY) Offered

Was it the ND game that we saw a more creative and balanced Gilbert gameplan? I think it was if I remember right. I don't know if it's actual truth or "internet truth" but would still like to see Gilbert's offense use the middle of the field in the passing game more. It feels like we don't go there to often and even a semblance of that might hold the safeties long enough to get outside guys better looks. I think our taller group of WRs could win allot of those balls this year if our QB has time to throw and to get this back on topic Henry is just the man to throw to those WRs.

Last edited:
What dont you like?
As others have pointed out he didn't have a chance last season due to injuries and covid. White on the other hand had to work with the same limitations and i believe did a very solid job with the D. My two cents is that White proved he was a good hire, an upgrade.
Gilbert didnt but he gets a pass so at this point im not sold on him. Check back with me after the Ohio game.

Was it the ND game that we saw a more creative and balanced Gilbert gameplan? I think it was if I remember right. I don't know if it's actual truth or "internet truth" but would still like to see Gilbert's offense use the middle of the field in the passing game more. It feels like we don't go there to often and even a semblance of that might hold the safeties long enough to get outside guys better looks. I think our taller group of WRs could win allot of those balls this year if our QB has time to throw and to get this back on topic Henry is just the man to throw to those WRs.
If our German tight end at 6-7 and about 260 can catch the ball, we should use him to punish teams. Louisville has done that with their big TE for years against us. Just send him across the middle, even if a LB is with him, if he makes the catch, we will pick up yards by his falling forward.

If our German tight end at 6-7 and about 260 can catch the ball, we should use him to punish teams. Louisville has done that with their big TE for years against us. Just send him across the middle, even if a LB is with him, if he makes the catch, we will pick up yards by his falling forward.
I really like our TE group. I think they have some really nice potential there. All are freshman eligibility wise other than Benson as as Soph.

We know what Benson has at 6'-3" 230 lbs. Great speed for a TE and could be a real receiving threat.

I think Mang could be a great overall traditional type of TE with really nice height and weight. 6'-7" and 265 lbs already. When have we had a guy like that? Should really be able to hold up blocking and add some great height in the passing game. And he seems to have good speed considering his size. Seemed like he at least has decent hands in his recruiting video's.

And both Morris (6'-6" 228 lbs) and Mahar (6'-5" and 225 lbs) look very promising as future Y TE guys with their height and athletic ability.

If our blocking can just hold a tad bit longer I can see these guys excelling and make other teams have to account for covering the middle of the field. I hope our playbook and play calling start to use these guys.

I think/hope Devito will do all right this year, but a QB that is a bit taller, is a little better in the pocket and can extend plays a bit longer would seem to benefit this group a little more as well.

Do we have sets with multiple TE's? In the near future, I would love to be able to have multiple guys on the field at once that could both block well and go out for a pass and go up and grab it.

I really like our TE group. I think they have some really nice potential there. All are freshman eligibility wise other than Benson as as Soph.

We know what Benson has at 6'-3" 230 lbs. Great speed for a TE and could be a real receiving threat.

I think Mang could be a great overall traditional type of TE with really nice height and weight. 6'-7" and 265 lbs already. When have we had a guy like that? Should really be able to hold up blocking and add some great height in the passing game. And he seems to have good speed considering his size. Seemed like he at least has decent hands in his recruiting video's.

And both Morris (6'-6" 228 lbs) and Mahar (6'-5" and 225 lbs) look very promising as future Y TE guys with their height and athletic ability.

If our blocking can just hold a tad bit longer I can see these guys excelling and make other teams have to account for covering the middle of the field. I hope our playbook and play calling start to use these guys.

I think/hope Devito will do all right this year, but a QB that is a bit taller, is a little better in the pocket and can extend plays a bit longer would seem to benefit this group a little more as well.

Do we have sets with multiple TE's? In the near future, I would love to be able to have multiple guys on the field at once that could both block well and go out for a pass and go up and grab it.
If Mang can give us a presence across the middle, he can clear out LB"s, and DB's from coming up to the line. You don't want to have a 265 lb TE breaking the tackle at midfield, and expect DB's to come up and stop him.
Hopefully he can punish some secondary people this year.

I would say if we land Belin that will help us land some of our top targets.

If he was all SU wouldn't he have already committed. I wonder if Dino being on the hot seat is hurting.

If he was all SU wouldn't he have already committed. I wonder if Dino being on the hot seat is hurting.
It’s clear he is weighing all his options and is not 100% cuse at the moment.

I figure if he does not commit we will start looking in the portal for a potential qb.

Maybe he's worried about the competition.
Not sure. No matter what school he goes to there will be competition. The question would be is he willing to stay and work hard to eventually win the spot or transfer after one or two years like so many other players.

This transfer situation is a mess. It's going to be very difficult for coaches to manage rosters. Also a lot of kids are going to be disappointed.
It's complicated as I understand the players perspective but I also know the inherent problems that are going to happen. It's a mess.

Are you trying to be the CuseRunner on the football side?

Because your posts about this kid aren't based in reality. Only team to be concerned about recently was Michigan and they just landed a QB.

Are you trying to be the CuseRunner on the football side?

Because your posts about this kid aren't based in reality. Only team to be concerned about recently was Michigan and they just landed a QB.
Thats good news Bnoro.

Not counting my chickens in QB recruiting until the prospects committed and signed. Lamson was good but the rest of QB recruiting the past few years has been tough.

This transfer situation is a mess. It's going to be very difficult for coaches to manage rosters. Also a lot of kids are going to be disappointed.
It's complicated as I understand the players perspective but I also know the inherent problems that are going to happen. It's a mess.
You are tempting to get me started on my transfer portal hate soap box once again. Holding ...my ...tongue ...won't ...do ...it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom