Class of 2022 - QB Henry Belin IV (NY) Offered | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 QB Henry Belin IV (NY) Offered

Until Dino goes 5-7, hotheads get him fired, and Belin goes to star at Rutgers.

Alternative prediction: Syracuse gets back to a bowl this year behind a much improved OL. The future looks bright at QB with DeVito / Shrader / the young guns, and Dino is positioned well for sustainable success with the foundation that is in place and quality coordinators on both sides of the ball.

Alternative prediction: Syracuse gets back to a bowl this year behind a much improved OL. The future looks bright at QB with DeVito / Shrader / the young guns, and Dino is positioned well for sustainable success with the foundation that is in place and quality coordinators on both sides of the ball.
Yeah, I think we're going to be fine. We just need to take care of business because there isn't much margin for error.

Need to capitalize on a softer OOC schedule and then not trip ourselves up in conference.

What people dont realize is that Dino is growing as a coach. Big difference between turning a program around and building a program for long term success. I believe that JW is going to look at this more like year one or two. If the team wins 5 and is competative i believe we stay the course. If on the other hand we win 5 but get blown out Maryland style against pere schools he is gone.

I can’t fathom the thought of another change and then give the new coach five years to put his players in place. We can’t keep doing that. Dino and his staff are finally making connections with high schools. This program was so far down I think we all underestimated how long it would take. I hope like hell that Dino has a great year and we can keep moving forward. The alternative is not something I even want to think about.

I can’t fathom the thought of another change and then give the new coach five years to put his players in place. We can’t keep doing that. Dino and his staff are finally making connections with high schools. This program was so far down I think we all underestimated how long it would take. I hope like hell that Dino has a great year and we can keep moving forward. The alternative is not something I even want to think about.

Good post. I feel like we hit the reset button once more and it would be the kiss of death. At that point the fanbase just bails and we feed the rest of the ACC wins from then on.

I could not agree more with this post, and it's absolutely refreshing to know that someone else on this forum feels this way

Biggest issue we had the last 10 years was Marrone leaving when he did and how he did. He turned the program around but it really needed him to continue to lead it to be successful the way that he built it.

Good post. I feel like we hit the reset button once more and it would be the kiss of death. At that point the fanbase just bails and we feed the rest of the ACC wins from then on.
I could not agree more with this post, and it's absolutely refreshing to know that someone else on this forum feels this way
I totally get this perspective.

I just feel like this season, with this roster, and this schedule, if we can't put a standard bowl eligible season together... there's not really any farther (further?) to fall. (don't bother telling me the difference, I never remember this) So the risk of making a change is pretty low.

Edited to add: even though I'm on the record multiple times, I'll just reiterate one more time that I'm supremely confident that Dino will lead us to a bowl this upcoming season.

Last edited:
I totally get this perspective.

I just feel like this season, with this roster, and this schedule, if we can't put a standard bowl eligible season together... there's not really any farther (further?) to fall. (don't bother telling me the difference, I never remember this) So the risk of making a change is pretty low.

Edited to add: even though I'm on the record multiple times, I'll just reiterate one more time that I'm supremely confident that Dino will lead us to a bowl this upcoming season.

I think you are right on the risk. I'm not sure that the program ceiling isn't flattened further with another change though. There is so much that has coincides with Dinos hire in terms of facilities and investment into the program. I just wonder if that fades away as fans jump ship further.

It could mean a much longer run of being at the bottom is my worry.

Henry,
C721EA57-B565-4B89-8908-FF81E54345CB.jpeg

Not sold on Gilbert

I'd love to see what Gilbert can do with a full Spring and Summer to implement his offense, a healthy OL, and a healthy Devito/Shredder.
Yup. Its easy to have a negative opinion of him after last year but Gilbert was extremely limited with what he could do. I preferred he did some more trick/gadgetty plays but you can only fool people with whip cream for so long lol.

Yup. Its easy to have a negative opinion of him after last year but Gilbert was extremely limited with what he could do. I preferred he did some more trick/gadgetty plays but you can only fool people with whip cream for so long lol.

Can't stress enough the importance of a healthy and functional offensive line. If you don't have that, you sure as hell better have a mobile QB. If you don't have either, good luck.

I think Gilbert is the key to this season. The OLINE is healthy with a new and likely better coach.
We have 2 QBs with experience and abilities. The questions I have are: Can Gilbert playcall and scheme a successful offense AND can he develop/has he developed DeVito into a competent/confident better than average ACC QB.
ALL the other pieces are there...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom