Class of 2022 - QB Henry Belin IV (NY) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 QB Henry Belin IV (NY) Offered

Nice run. Not sure why they have him listed as a pp and not a dt qb.

Because they don’t do a lot of designed runs for him?

While that was a nice run, it didn’t scream “dual threat QB” to me.

Nice run. Not sure why they have him listed as a pp and not a dt qb.
From watching one full game. They didnt give him any QB designed runs but he definitely looks capable of running some simple zone read/power concepts and gaining 20 yards on them. He's a big body that can convert those 3rd and short plays too. Overall, I think he is a better runner than people think but not a true dual threat.

From watching one full game. They didnt give him any QB designed runs but he definitely looks capable of running some simple zone read/power concepts and gaining 20 yards on them. He's a big body that can convert those 3rd and short plays too. Overall, I think he is a better runner than people think but not a true dual threat.
Yeah, guys can be mobile without necessarily being dual threat.

What were your general thoughts on his QB abilities after watching the game?

He has the raw talent to do well but like all NY prospects suffers from a lack of playing time. I like him.

The transfer portal is going to turn the QB position - more than any other position - into a rotating band of football mercenaries just looking for a better gig. You can forget about players waiting, practicing, learning.
It’s already been like that for the blue bloods the last few years.

Need to get him on campus as early as possible in June and get a commitment. Based on his film he could be really good in our offense. Good mobility, good ability to throw to all three level and can throw on the run.

Need to get him on campus as early as possible in June and get a commitment. Based on his film he could be really good in our offense. Good mobility, good ability to throw to all three level and can throw on the run.
yep, as soon as officials start back next month up let's get him up to the Hill and get this done

Bit of a Terrel Hunt vibe from those highlights.

Actually I think he throws a better ball than hunt but also has the mobility.
I know this. Hunt was 86-148 for 1187 yards and 12 TDs as a junior. He also ran for 533 yards and 3 Ds.

As a sophomore, Henry was 163-268 for 2547 yards and 25 TDs. He ran for 186 yards and 3 TDs. In fairness, he played in 13 games for a good team, while Hunt played in 9 games for a 1-8 team.

I don’t have complete stats for the 4 games Henry has played his junior season, but I bet he is close to what Hunt did in 9 games.

Hunt was 6’3, 186 pounds the summer after his junior season, when he verbaled to Syracuse. Belin is 6’4, 215 pounds and his junior year of HS still isn’t over.

Looking at the film, Belin plays in a more sophisticated offense, has a more accurate arm and is a lot bigger and stronger. He is far ahead of Terrel in terms of development and already routinely makes a lot of the throws he would expected to make for Syracuse.

He often throws using a weird slinging motion and is going to need to work on throwing mechanics. I like his poise in the pocket. Doesn’t look like he is going to run like Dungey but he is solid athletically and should be able to avoid some pass rushers and get first downs running in a pinch.

There is a lot to like but I think he is probably a couple of years away from making a run at starting at the college level.

I know this. Hunt was 86-148 for 1187 yards and 12 TDs as a junior. He also ran for 533 yards and 3 Ds.

As a sophomore, Henry was 163-268 for 2547 yards and 25 TDs. He ran for 186 yards and 3 TDs. In fairness, he played in 13 games for a good team, while Hunt played in 9 games for a 1-8 team.

I don’t have complete stats for the 4 games Henry has played his junior season, but I bet he is close to what Hunt did in 9 games.

Hunt was 6’3, 186 pounds the summer after his junior season, when he verbaled to Syracuse. Belin is 6’4, 215 pounds and his junior year of HS still isn’t over.

Looking at the film, Belin plays in a more sophisticated offense, has a more accurate arm and is a lot bigger and stronger. He is far ahead of Terrel in terms of development and already routinely makes a lot of the throws he would expected to make for Syracuse.

He often throws using a weird slinging motion and is going to need to work on throwing mechanics. I like his poise in the pocket. Doesn’t look like he is going to run like Dungey but he is solid athletically and should be able to avoid some pass rushers and get first downs running in a pinch.

There is a lot to like but I think he is probably a couple of years away from making a run at starting at the college level.
Spot on. Belin is way ahead of Hunt at this point but he has a ways to go still. Hunt did develop better than I thought he would based on where he was coming out of HS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom