Class of 2020 - QB JaCobian Morgan (MS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/26/20) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB JaCobian Morgan (MS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/26/20)

Wonder if he took Dillon's scholie. He looks okay, don't take pleasure in saying his film doesn't excite me. Mostly staring down receivers and didn't see him break one run in his senior highlights. PWO?

Last edited:
Eh looks ok like Dillons highlights better. Will be interesting if it was who committed first or one is a PWO etc.

Is this one of those commitable / non-commitable things?

He looks the part and throws a nice ball. The deep ball is effortless for him so he has a big arm. Im a fan of big QBs as their sight lines are so much better. As i posted before there are dozens of collegiate programs led by QBs that were unknown, or very lightly recruited.
JMU, NDSU, WMU, Appalachian State, Navy. Army... Dozens of good QBs.
Just look at Dino. 3 schools. 3 very prolific QBs none of which were highly recruited or rated. QBs are a crap shoot.
This kid has the physical attributes of a good QB. Time will tell.

jacobian commitment.jpg

Wonder if he took Dillon's scholie. He looks okay, don't take pleasure in saying his film doesn't excite me. Mostly staring down receivers and didn't see him break one run in his senior highlights. PWO?
Maybe they take more than one scholarship QB this cycle. And having said that I see no response from the staff on his commitment yet.

Last edited:
Interesting...well Dino/staff are 1 for 1 regarding Mississippi guys in my book looking forward in seeing what this young man has.

I think it is really hard to evaluate QBs based on highlight film alone.

His height is legit. He has a strong arm. He can throw fades and hard passes over the middle. Had a bunch where he had a small window and had to throw it hard to get a completion and he did that nicely.
Didn't see a lot of it but it looks like he can throw on the run.

From the little you could see of him running, he looks okay there. Will be a moose once he adds 20 pounds of muscle in college.

He did look like he was willing to take a hit to make a throw and could throw under pressure.

The big differentiator to me for QBs is the soft stuff. Can he make reads? Can he switch to the right play when the defense does unexpected things? Is he a leader?

Based on the QBs we have seen pop up since he took over, it looks like Sterlin prefers tall, pro style QBs.

If we can get 2 QBs we like in this 2020 class, I think we take them. It would be good for roster balance. We are dangerously thin right now. They don't have to be ready to play right away...I think the key here is to identify players we can develop for our system.

The best of the QBs who are transferring have been snapped up (they want to be in their new school for spring practice) but I expect there will be some who will stay, compete for starting positions this spring and then announce they are leaving when it becomes clear they have been beaten out.

Is the staff willing to gamble on waiting for one of these late transfer QBs?

Will they take a 2nd HS QB?

Interesting times ahead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom