Class of 2020 - QB JaCobian Morgan (MS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/26/20) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB JaCobian Morgan (MS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/26/20)

Maybe the staff had better film on him?
Maybe the staff spent more then 10 minutes watching one highlight reel?
Time will tell as to how this kid turns out.
I'm thinking we still take another QB and Jacobian can get plenty of time to improve before needed.
There are definite tools to work with. An accurate ball on a go route is a heck of a start.

Where’s the Dino tweet? Seems very odd. Maybe with the things happening in the sports world he held off?

Isn't the staff precluded from commenting on recruits until they sign a letter of intent?

anyone who was expecting anything more than this type of QB as this stage of the game is an idiot.

Ya people have to be honest, we need depth and is January 27th. No offense to Jacobian but people have to realize were on plan D E and F at this point. The Texas kid was intriguing but that looks like its not going to happen. Won't be surprised if we take another project guy to just get some more depth. As Bnoro pointed out 2021 is now pretty much everything, if we miss yet again were in disastrous trouble.

Isn't the staff precluded from commenting on recruits until they sign a letter of intent?
Dino will normally tweet out the number of oranges = to the number of recruits once we get a new one.

anyone who was expecting anything more than this type of QB as this stage of the game is an idiot.

So true. That’s why I think they’re probably done recruiting QBs for this cycle. Honestly, though, Babers’ future will rest solely on DeVito.

Talked to his coach and he confirmed this is a scholarship. Says a lot of guys from Canton haven't been recruited because of grades, but he's made big improvements since taking over three years ago. Morgan isn't a Gilbert guy and I'm under the impression that the connection here is with Canton's DC and Babers -- something like the DC's mentor coached Dino at Hawaii or something like that. Believe the primary is either Lustig or Ferri.

Other offers are Jackson State and some JUCOs. Process was very quick -- took about two weeks from SU getting film to visits and the commitment.

Interesting stuff -- good information, and thanks for the article this morning.

I think some of you need to watch the film again,. saying he locks in on Wrs is fine, but almost every throw in this film he is throwing first read 2 sec drops of course he is looking at the WR.. but go look at the 4min mark, he looks the safety off and then throws away, thats about the only throw in the whole sequence that wasnt thrown on a timing route..

whether he can reads Ds who knows. his td ratio was 27-7

whether he can run who knows. his team ran for 70 yds a game so running probably not much of an option

one of his ex HS teammates went juco and signed with USM

he looks like a young copy of the Colts Qb

Can’t teach size. This kid has it. Never know and I like the gamble at this point

Talked to his coach and he confirmed this is a scholarship. Says a lot of guys from Canton haven't been recruited because of grades, but he's made big improvements since taking over three years ago. Morgan isn't a Gilbert guy and I'm under the impression that the connection here is with Canton's DC and Babers -- something like the DC's mentor coached Dino at Hawaii or something like that. Believe the primary is either Lustig or Ferri.

Other offers are Jackson State and some JUCOs. Process was very quick -- took about two weeks from SU getting film to visits and the commitment.
Thanks for the info, Ben

Has the feel of a Mitch whatshisname or Austin Wilson level guy at this point...but who knows...aren't we overdue for a pleasant surprise?

So true. That’s why I think they’re probably done recruiting QBs for this cycle. Honestly, though, Babers’ future will rest solely on DeVito.

Agreed, we should get two more years of DeVito as long as he stays healthy. At that point you have a 3rd year a 4th year junior, 3rd year soph, and what we have moving forward. Always JUCO and Grad transfers, just gotta deal with it and be able to replace TD when the time comes. If they protect TD I think we should be fine moving forward. Far from ideal but I m not going to continue to whine about it.

Hope the kid turns into the next great one, would be great. You just never know how much time he as actually been working on his game, been coached etc. Who knows what his actual ceiling is? nobody right now.

More worried about this season and getting back to a bowl

You have to wonder when the dry spell of a “solid qb recruit commit” will end... I’m nervous to go through the ACC and see what peer or lesser schools have committed for the past few years. I think I won’t like what I see.

You have to wonder when the dry spell of a “solid qb recruit commit” will end... I’m nervous to go through the ACC and see what peer or lesser schools have committed for the past few years. I think I won’t like what I see.
When our OL demonstrates they can keep a QB from getting killed. This had to have seriously been used against us with every QB recruit.
Right now, I am all in on TD, backed up by Rex and Summers. Our shiny new OC has a big job to do to get those guys ready to play, and build a functioning OL. Our number one challenge right now is turning around the perception of this offense back into something dynamic.

In addition to the overall highlights there are some game specific highlights too. From the looks they put a number of kids into the CC/JUCO system as a couple of the receivers have recruiting profiles as well. There were 4 games I saw listed on HUDL. A good number of screen passes similar to our offense as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom