Class of 2021 - QB Justin Lamson (CA) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Justin Lamson (CA) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Eric would have redshirted, gained 20lbs before getting thrown in would have made last year better and give the line and DeVito more time to get ready. If We play this year going to surprise people. We need as many QB recruits as we can take and keep the good ones and over recruit. I would think Babers can land a dynamic run/ pass guy. Like the looks of this kid especially after a redshirt year and 20 lbs

It would have been beneficial for Dungey but Devito wasn't going to wait another year to play, right or wrong.

Re: Missing out on 12/17 targets thus far. Ppl have a reason to be concerned about the next man up. Can't keep touting diamonds in the rough as someone who can lead the program going forward. At some point, a QB who is ready made has to be landed. Of course, it won't always work out (ie. Hunter Johnson, former 5*, at N'Western), but the likelihood that it does is higher than depending on someone who had little to no offers.

Board members tweeting at recruits:rolleyes: /s

Fill the cupboard and see what shakes out. I still love the kid from Texas. But truly, we don't need to find a Joe Burrow. We need to find one of those gunslingers that the TCUs or Texas Techs of the world can find.

history lesson:

Here are the top 3 quarterbacks in Texas Tech history:

#1 Patrick Mohomes (rivals 3 star) Offers from Texas Tech, Houston and Rice
career stats - 11,252 yards passing, 93 TD, 845 rushing yards, 22 TD

#2 Seth Dodge (rivals 3 star) Offers from Texas Tech, New Mexico, Purdue
career stats - 8,636 yards passing, 69 TD

#3 Taylor Potts (rivals 3 star) Offers from Texas Tech, Michigan. (the michigan offer is great but we should assume the michigan offer wasn't really commitable because that's the same assumption we would hold for syracuse. he committed to TT in march so it wasnt exactly a hat on the table battle)
career stats - 7,835 yards passing, 62 TD '

These kids were not highly recruited. Marginal middle of the road.

QBs, like lineman are unpredictable. Much of it is between the ears and you can't measure intangibles like leadership qualities. If you can find an accurate passer, who's smart and has good command/leadership and put him in the right system he'll be successful. You don't need a prototype NFL kid that the elite schools are looking for. How successful are those kids percentage wise anyways.

These are the things I like to read about players especially Quarterbacks - ...his..."sheer force of will helped propel Oak Ridge High School past Monterey Trail 35-27 in a thrilling Sac-Joaquin Section Division I championship game."

Last edited:
Yeah I think he’ll add more. Boise is a great program much closer to his family. Not sure how much that will impact his decision. Let’s hope he pulls the trigger soon for us!

Yup. Boise st and others have immediately ramped up efforts as soon as Cuse zero’s in on a target and people wonder why they haven’t offered Schager yet?
I hope Boise does offer Schager and he commits there. Think it's a big gamble to bring in a QB w/ no HS experience. Can only learn so much from 7 on 7-I want to see how a guy does against a pass rush.

I would like him to commit but I’m not overly confident it will happen.
I think he would be a good fit at SU. We play in the ACC, our starting qb is a redshirt junior, we have excellent academics, we have an OC that is also the qb coach, oc helped develop a Super Bowl qb, we play a fast pace wide open offense etc.
These are all reasons he would be a good fit. However these same reasons apply to a number of other qbs that we have offered and committed else where.
The only thing I can say is that you are dealing with 17 year old kids and logic does not always dictate a decision.
He did indicate that he was looking at certain factors and distance was not an issue.
Time will tell. If he commits great. If not I know the staff will find someone that fits the system. Just like when Lenard decide to go to Duke we move on to the next player.
Like every diehard fan we want the best players but you are dealing with young kids that do not always use logic in their decisions. The inability to get certain commits in my opinion is not from a lack of effort from the staff.

I would like him to commit but I’m not overly confident it will happen.
I think he would be a good fit at SU. We play in the ACC, our starting qb is a redshirt junior, we have excellent academics, we have an OC that is also the qb coach, oc helped develop a Super Bowl qb, we play a fast pace wide open offense etc.
These are all reasons he would be a good fit. However these same reasons apply to a number of other qbs that we have offered and committed else where.
The only thing I can say is that you are dealing with 17 year old kids and logic does not always dictate a decision.
He did indicate that he was looking at certain factors and distance was not an issue.
Time will tell. If he commits great. If not I know the staff will find someone that fits the system. Just like when Lenard decide to go to Duke we move on to the next player.
Like every diehard fan we want the best players but you are dealing with young kids that do not always use logic in their decisions. The inability to get certain commits in my opinion is not from a lack of effort from the staff.

Well, his timetable works in our favor.

If he delays, then our position isn't as strong as previously thought. But if he sticks to the 1 - 3 week commitment schedule, then we're in solid shape.

Sure, kids from outside the area are always a risk to stay closer to home.

Picked up a Boise State offer last evening. They could be tough to beat.
Nah...You can't play in the NFL with burned retinas caused by that nuclear blue field turf. That color could kill somebody!
1592944517647.png

Boise is tough but, Bachmeyer is a Sophomore and the man, Lamson can come in just like TD, redshirt, and take the keys!

Comparing our depth charts and opportunity to play

The 2 QB's we brought in last year were last minute scholarship at the end of the cycle (though I like Markiewicz's potential) after we didn't get our plans A,B, or C. Lamson is more highly touted than any of them and it isn't that close. Plus our returning QB will be a Senior by the time he'd reach campus, so they'd only overlap 1 year.

Louisville has an incoming Freshman who is higher touted than any of our guys and apparently they are very high on. They are bringing in 2 QB's in this class, likely including a guy who is higher ranked and has significantly more buzz than him. Trust me, Deion's son is going to get every benefit of the doubt to win that job

Boise: Current QB is a 4 star QB who just finished his Freshman year, so has 3 more years of eligibility. They also brought in a grad transfer from USC, so the incumbent could redshirt and overlap with Justin for 3 years. To top it off, they brought in a QB this past year who had a USC offer.

If I'm Justin (I'm not, in case you were wondering) and I want to have the best chance to get on the field relatively quickly, it's a no-brainer to choose Syracuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom