Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

Great stats. Guys like Sellers help bring in other talent. Great receivers like great QBs. Again Sellers brother (WR by the way) would be a great pickup also.
Cusefan69: Did you think we did not realize La Norris has a little brother, (WR by the way)offered? :)

LaNorris Sellers dominates, leads South Florence to the 4-A state title​

Senior quarterback throws five touchdown passes and rushes for a sixth as the Bruins overpower Northwestern in the final
  • JACOB PHILLIPS
    COLUMBIA, SOUTH CAROLINA –LaNorris Sellers dominated and propelled the South Florence Bruins to a 57-30 victory against the Northwestern Trojans Saturday in the South Carolina AAAA championship game.

• Sellers completed 10 of his 14 pass attempts for 260 yards and five touchdowns. He also rushed the ball 27 times for 201 yards and a touchdown.

• “I will say it one more time. He’s the best football player in the state and it’s not even close,” Bruins head coach Drew Marlowe said. “He did it all tonight man. He threw the deep ball really well, ran it when we needed him to run it. Special special kid, once in a generation guy.”

South Florence star quarterback LaNorris Sellers, who had five touchdown passes and one rushing TD, hoists the South Carolina 4-A state championship trophy, while celebrating with head coach Drew Marlowe and his teammates.
    southflorence-v-northwestern-_12322-3.jpg

Sellers, a senior, and his brother, sophomore receiver Jayden Sellers, connected on big plays all night. Jayden had four receptions for 122 yards and two touchdowns. Three of those receptions went for at least 30 yards.
    “We’ve grown up. We never got to play together in this mean,” LaNorris said. “Just a special moment,”
    The first connection between the two brothers came late in the first quarter. LaNorris hit Jayden with a deep ball for a 31-yard touchdown. Then early in the second, Jayden hauled in a deep ball for a 39-yard touchdown.
    “I saw that I could beat them over the top, and my brother trusted me, and he threw me the ball,” Jayden said. “I hate that it might be my last moment. I’m going to miss him.”

Jayden wasn’t the only receiver LaNorris found a rhythm with. Evin Singletary put up an even bigger performance with five receptions for 126 yards and three touchdowns.

• Singletary’s first touchdown was a 33 yard reception in the first quarter. After a quiet second and third quarter he found the end zone twice more. The first from seven yards out, and the last came in the game's final minutes from 33 yards.

• South Florence and Northwestern traded blows early in the first quarter. A missed extra point put the Trojans down one instead of tying the game at 14. South Florence responded with a touchdown, and then forced the game's first punt.

Last edited:
It’s Dino’s fault if we lose him!!!!

It wouldn’t be his fault but powerhouse recruiters do what is necessary. Saban would be there if it were his #1, Mullen, Kiffin, Riley, Cristobal, Harbaugh, even Schady. These guys are known recruiters for a reason. It’s what it takes and you leave nothing to chance.

It wouldn’t be his fault but powerhouse recruiters do what is necessary. Saban would be there if it were his #1, Mullen, Kiffin, Riley, Cristobal, Harbaugh, even Schady. These guys are known recruiters for a reason. It’s what it takes and you leave nothing to chance.
I don't think Beamer was there.

LaNorris total offense this year is 4,286YDS & 62 TDS and he will be playing for us, SU!

South Carolina will be after DJU now that he’s transferring from Clemson
Maybe. South Carolina took him behind the woodshed so to speak that day. My guess is that they pass. DJ was 8-29 for 99 yards passing.

View attachment 222771
Sellers himself liked this jackass’s pro-SU tweet. That’s a good sign I guess.
I love a QB with a 4.95 GPA...Well, not just that, but I have always felt the ability to make good, quick decisions is the most important aspect of being a QB and a lot of our best QB' s have been very good students.

"As of right now" don't like that
Yeah nobody is going to like that part of it. But Overall that article makes me feel better. He doesn’t want to shut the door completely on anybody recruiting him. You never know what happens. It’s probably wise of him. I think he sticks. Well as long as Beck and Anae are still planning to be with Syracuse anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah nobody is going to like that part of it. But Overall that article makes me feel better. He doesn’t want to shut the door completely on anybody recruiting him. . You never know what happens. It’s probably wise of him. . I think he sticks. Well as long as Beck and Anae are still planning to be with Syracuse anyway.
He's an early enrollee guy, right? We just need him to stay solid for a few more weeks, get on campus, and compete.

Yea, the precise wording that he used in that interview didn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy. Basically, I'd take a 50/50 shot at getting him.

He’s not going to say no matter what because his relationship is with the assistant’s, what if they go somewhere else?

he might get a financial package that he can’t turn down to be a local hero.

Yeah and it's smart to maintain relationships in this age of portal. I think the guy signs with us Dec 21st.

I think the "as of right now" has more to do with what goes on in Syracuse- meaning the coaching staff,
than anything else. If Anae and or Beck were to leave(not likely) then we would have a problem. Sounds like both the staff and Sellors are "loyal" to each other. QB at CUSE looks awfully good for the next 3 years.

Yea, the precise wording that he used in that interview didn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy. Basically, I'd take a 50/50 shot at getting him.
Look at things this way, Anae and Beck have been recruiting him for 2 years starting at Virginia.
Then as soon as they got to Syracuse, they recruited him again.
He knows He is their future QB, and they want him.
Anyone else can say they want him and turn around and recruit someone else.
He can trust Anae and Beck, everyone else is pot luck.