Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

We're fighting for a four star QB against an 8 (or maybe 9) win SEC team (that is down the street from where the kid grew up) to go along with two four stars and one other high ceiling guy in our QB room.

Win or lose, we're fine. But just want to call out the statement I just wrote.

Not sure if we end up Wade Garrett or Dalton in this fight, but we're going toe to toe with who we should be going against.

We win this, great. We lose, dust ourselves off and keep making bowl games and grab more talent.

We're fighting for a four star QB against an 8 (or maybe 9) win SEC team (that is down the street from where the kid grew up) to go along with two four stars and one other high ceiling guy in our QB room.

Win or lose, we're fine. But just want to call out the statement I just wrote.

Not sure if we end up Wade Garrett or Dalton in this fight, but we're going toe to toe with who we should be going against.

We win this, great. We lose, dust ourselves off and keep making bowl games and grab more talent.
Agree, good perspective. Shows A) benefit of the transfer portal for a school like ours and B) the noticeable uptick in recruiting. Need to be in these fights to be consistently bowling.

I am not a legal expert.

I know it is against the law to post information behind a paywall on a public board.

The admins and mods of the board will hold the people who use the board to follow the law.

This sounds like something that would be good to debate on the off topic board. Please avoid discussing this on the sports boards. They are for discussing sports.

Thanks in advance your cooperation on this.
Ok I am just curious. I hope that it didn’t come across as challenging or confrontational. I appreciate the board and the mods. (Where else could I vent during my insomnia periods)

Yeah I mean ultimately at the end of the day if he joins great and if not life moves on. We have GS for 1 more year and we have Lamson and CDRW. The other guys not mentioned are practice squad type players at the end of the day. I would also think we are going to lose 1 of CDRW or Lamson likely after Spring ball as that’s just how it works now and days. So suddenly a deep room is much thinner if Sellers flips.
I do think Syracuse is better positioned than perhaps we have otherwise been in the past. A few thoughts:
1). Sellers has a 4.95 GPA. He is more than just football.
2). Beck has been with Sellers and his family a long time. There is a pretty deep relationship there. Parents might weigh that significantly as likel will LaNorris.
3. LaNorris has spent 0 time in person with his new OC. That matters I would think.
4. In the San Diego Cuse link, the SC insider suggested LaNorris is likely signing actually Wednesday with the public sharing Friday. To me that is pretty interesting. LaNorris never visited officially SC. He has not seen the facilities, OC in person or anything else. I would think if LaNorris had serious interest he would just postpone to Feb2nd and do an official. So him signing Wednesday means if he was going SC it would be OC and officially site unseen. While possible, I am skeptical.

Again he can just do to local, family and knowing players could just flip and if so, thats life and 5 minutes after we find out we all move on. I just think Syracuse is in good position and I think we actually get him.
Additionally I think this kid is a straight shooter. He has called it how it is. He has said recently a couple times that he is around 60 or 70% Cuse. Unless something changes drastically this week, which I don't see what would cause that. He's Cuse.

Apparently Spencer Rattler may be moving on from South Carolina after the bowl game based on an interview he did recently

Edit. Nothing confirmed but his tone and words certainly make it sound like he is looking at the draft

Well, that's disconcerting. I think I read a few weeks ago that he grew up as a SC fan, and with their geographic [and probable NIL advantages] this could certainly not go our way.

But I think it would be a pretty big slap in the face to Beck if it goes down this way.

If it does, I'm not going to lose sleep. Yes, Sellars looks like an absolute freaking stud -- so it would suck, can't put a positive spin on that. BUT we do have Shrader for another year, we do have CDRW [another four-star] who will be experienced and have another spring practice under his belt, Lamson returns -- so the cupboard isn't bare.

And as this portal cycle has shown, we can land quality transfers. So I'd expect them to go hard after a QB transfer after next season if Sellars bails, to compete with CDRW / Lamson.

It would REALLY suck if we didn't have such QB talent in the pipeline if Sellars bails, but it's not the end of the world [luckily] if that's how it works out.

Again, not trying to discount how much disappointment we should feel as a program if Sellars is an 11th hour flip. Just pointing out that the sky wouldn't fall.

The sky never falls. We’ve been through it all. This wouldn’t be the worst of it.

I find these things so much easier and easier to move on from.

That said, I still think we’re gonna sign him. The power of the Becks prevails.

Will he stay here the whole time? That’s a whole other $tory.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Looks like they played together in the Shrine Bowl.

Neither Syracuse or South Carolina have offered Elijah.

So far…..
Hmm nice way of making a kid feel less homesick, bring in a friend from home at a position of need with him

Hmm nice way of making a kid feel less homesick, bring in a friend from home at a position of need with him
So who is letting Beck and the recruiting department know of this opportunity?
070AEA44-5BA2-4483-B2B5-BFA95FD28A3D.gif