Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

orange79 knows this better than anyone, but I am picking on his post to comment on this, because it was the last one.

We can't let premium info from other boards get posted on this board. It is illegal to do this and if we let these kinds of posts stand, we can get sued by the owners of that premium info.

If you want to know what Mike had to say, I urge you to sign up for the premium info on the Syracuse SI board. And then, whatever you do, do not post that info here.

Thanks to all for understanding this. We don't want any lawsuits or any angry people yelling at admins or mods.

It is the holiday season. Would it be so awful to have to wait another couple of days before we find out what happens in the saga of LaNorris Sellers?
Is it actually illegal to recirculate the information? If I’m not mistaken, it would be illegal to reproduce the article without consent from the author but it should be perfectly legal to disseminate the information in an original way (aka anything but a clear copy/paste). Is it bad manners? Certainly, but it shouldn’t be illegal. And beyond that, so long as the information isn’t being repurposed directly for profit and instead for general commentary (even if that results in revenue), you should be more than safe.

Is it actually illegal to recirculate the information? If I’m not mistaken, it would be illegal to reproduce the article without consent from the author but it should be perfectly legal to disseminate the information in an original way (aka anything but a clear copy/paste). Is it bad manners? Certainly, but it shouldn’t be illegal. And beyond that, so long as the information isn’t being repurposed directly for profit and instead for general commentary (even if that results in revenue), you should be more than safe.
It hasn’t been published to the general public. It’s non public information, there’s no fair use argument.

Yes, because you are disseminating information from behind a pay wall. Unless you have another source.

Edit: oops - just saw Go's post.

Wish this was true. Again, it is not. Posting info behind a paywall on a public board is illegal.

Do it here and it will get deleted. And you will be well on your way to getting banned.

Do not do this. I hope this is clear to you now.

It's pretty easy. The link you provided doesn't have direct quotes or primary source material. The person writing the article is a 2021 grad from USC in kinesiology. He's trawling the Internet for tidbits and putting a story together that had little to no own reporting.

The link from the other person in the thread goes to a USC forum but links to a dude named Phil Kornblut. Kornblut is part of the USC Radio Network and has direct quotes from LaNorris. He has primary sources.

I wouldn't consider either dyed-in-the-wool journalists based on their online bios, but one has a primary source, and the other doesn't. If I'm looking for what is probably closer to the truth, I'm leaning toward Kornblut. The article you linked to seems like a compilation of rumors around the Internet with no sourcing of where that info came from.

That means nearly zilch when it comes to the decision of an 18-year-old kid, but in regard to the "journalism" of it, I'd put more relative weight on Kornblut. And since Kornblut directly refuted the details of the "in-home" with new info about what the SC staff DID do, my guess is that's coming directly from Sellers though it's not stated as such in the article (which it probably should be).

Last edited:
South Carolina has Myrtle Beach, I have played golf there many times ! ( this has nothing to add to the thread but then I figured useless info was better then misleading so I am ahead of the game )
I play every March for a week with buddies from High School. The golf is always very foggy.

Wish this was true. Again, it is not. Posting info behind a paywall on a public board is illegal.

Do it here and it will get deleted. And you will be well on your way to getting banned.

Do not do this. I hope this is clear to you now.

Is he the best source for info these days?

I signed up and then a
Like a week later he switched news sites. Really hesitant to do it again lol.

orange79 knows this better than anyone, but I am picking on his post to comment on this, because it was the last one.

We can't let premium info from other boards get posted on this board. It is illegal to do this and if we let these kinds of posts stand, we can get sued by the owners of that premium info.

If you want to know what Mike had to say, I urge you to sign up for the premium info on the Syracuse SI board. And then, whatever you do, do not post that info here.

Thanks to all for understanding this. We don't want any lawsuits or any angry people yelling at admins or mods.

It is the holiday season. Would it be so awful to have to wait another couple of days before we find out what happens in the saga of LaNorris Sellers?
I am looking for education on this because it makes no sense to me:
I can post on here the I read Donna’s interview with JB and she said… I can post that I was watching CNN and they reported… I can say I heard on Howard Stern… I got all of that information from subscription services. I am the consumer. I purchase the content.
Your position is that I cannot share it with others? I am not recycling it as my own, nor am I reusing it for profit or compensation.
Why is that?

I am looking for education on this because it makes no sense to me:
I can post on here the I read Donna’s interview with JB and she said… I can post that I was watching CNN and they reported… I can say I heard on Howard Stern… I got all of that information from subscription services. I am the consumer. I purchase the content.
Your position is that I cannot share it with others? I am not recycling it as my own, nor am I reusing it for profit or compensation.
Why is that?
I am not a legal expert.

I know it is against the law to post information behind a paywall on a public board.

The admins and mods of the board will hold the people who use the board to follow the law.

This sounds like something that would be good to debate on the off topic board. Please avoid discussing this on the sports boards. They are for discussing sports.

Thanks in advance your cooperation on this.