Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

Your familiar with shirt worlds history right and the enormous thread about them on the bball board? I mean the owner hasn't donated a dime to the university in decades and he "allegedly" pulls bait and switches with his clothing offers. There's a better chance of Schiano donating to the NIL fund or setting up a deal with Sellers.
If it takes a paragraph to explain the joke

Again. Not a good joke. Lol

If it takes a paragraph to explain the joke

Again. Not a good joke. Lol
Come on now. Anyone that didn't realize this was a joke needs to take a break from this thread/board until after the holidays. The writing is on the wall that this guy is flipping to USC, just need to wait until tomorrow to confirm it. Now it's just fun to come up with unbelievable scenarios on why we'd get Lanorris to come to SU.

Last edited:
Anyone else getting the impression that Sellers decision is the most closely guarded secret next to the Nuclear Codes? Or am I the only one who doesn’t know?

Come on now. Anyone that didn't realize this wasn't a joke needs to take a break from this thread/board until after the holidays. The writing is on the wall that this guy is flipping to USC, just need to wait until tomorrow to confirm it. Now it's just fun to come up with unbelievable scenarios on why we'd get Lanorris to come to SU.

All I did was ask a follow up question after seeing it on Twitter...Now you're telling me I need to take a seat for a while?

Let me get this straight.

I come here looking for REAL NEWS on recruits but I'm wasting my time. But the people here spewing (IMO bad) jokes and false rumors on a site are good to go?

Anyone else getting the impression that Sellers decision is the most closely guarded secret next to the Nuclear Codes? Or am I the only one who doesn’t know?
Kind of feels like he’s hyping himself up by drawing more attention to himself. Who knows, could be a brilliant marketing strategy advised by a savvy adult. Puts the pressure on to deliver though.

McAllister was on Axe, and I think he really nailed it. He said at this point you have to assume that he’s going to stay home….and now the script is flipped, the longer this takes the better for us.

The delay to Friday might be Beck trying to string this out a bit. If this delays to February….I don’t think we’d be upset.

Love that the shirt world rumor made it to Twitter…lolol.

After all “Shirt world” is really code for “Weitsman”.

If he wanted to sign with SU, he would have signed with SU. If he wanted to sign with SC, he would have signed with SC.

I assume he is merely sitting back and letting the bidding war run to conclusion. Yeah, SC is his lifelong favorite, yeah, SU has been there for him through sickness and health. But to quote the late prophet Michael Corleone “it’s not personal. it’s strictly business.” He holds all the cards, it is most certainly a tough decision, and in the end some school is going to buy his services. Given the fact that he has not already signed with SU after many months of being 100% committed followed by increasingly lower percentages of commitment, I’m not hopeful. Also, given that the SEC has a head start of many decades in its expertise in buying players, we are neophytes by comparison.

Then again, given what the new era of what recruiting, the portal, etc has become, I don’t hold my breath over any of it. The kid that the coach debases himself for and the fans work themselves into coronaries over can never arrive in the first place or he can leave early. it Is no longer a program, it’s “who shows up this year.”

Staying home is easy, it makes everyone around him happy. I think he knows that Beck will make him a better quarterback. Of course, there’s NIL money that clouds everything.

If he wanted to sign with SU, he would have signed with SU. If he wanted to sign with SC, he would have signed with SC.

I assume he is merely sitting back and letting the bidding war run to conclusion. Yeah, SC is his lifelong favorite, yeah, SU has been there for him through sickness and health. But to quote the late prophet Michael Corleone “it’s not personal. it’s strictly business.” He holds all the cards, it is most certainly a tough decision, and in the end some school is going to buy his services. Given the fact that he has not already signed with SU after many months of being 100% committed followed by increasingly lower percentages of commitment, I’m not hopeful. Also, given that the SEC has a head start of many decades in its expertise in buying players, we are neophytes by comparison.

Then again, given what the new era of what recruiting, the portal, etc has become, I don’t hold my breath over any of it. The kid that the coach debases himself for and the fans work themselves into coronaries over can never arrive in the first place or he can leave early. it Is no longer a program, it’s “who shows up this year.”
That's why we should take a pass on this one. We don't need to pay a High School QB, we have 3 in the room who can play the position. Sellers was great in HS, but we don't know how long it will take to get used to college.
Doesn't know the receivers, or how much protection he will get.

That's why we should take a pass on this one. We don't need to pay a High School QB, we have 3 in the room who can play the position. Sellers was great in HS, but we don't know how long it will take to get used to college.
Boo. Bad take.

Staying home is easy, it makes everyone around him happy. I think he knows that Beck will make him a better quarterback. Of course, there’s NIL money that clouds everything.
NIL is great but the real money to be made will be in the NFL. So here are the real questions:
1. What system will you fit in best with? I think Cuse since Beck is the OC and has recruited you from the beginning and SC is starting over with a new OC/system.
2. Who do you trust to coach you up to get you to that point? I think Beck. He's got the QB track record.
3. What school provides you the opportunity to put up good numbers to get drafted? I think Cuse for a few reasons. The SEC schedule can be a gauntlet. You play in a dome half your games in perfect conditions. And let's face it, you will have the opportunity to get on the field and light it up sooner at Cuse.

NIL is great but the real money to be made will be in the NFL. So here are the real questions:
1. What system will you fit in best with? I think Cuse since Beck is the OC and has recruited you from the beginning and SC is starting over with a new OC/system.
2. Who do you trust to coach you up to get you to that point? I think Beck. He's got the QB track record.
3. What school provides you the opportunity to put up good numbers to get drafted? I think Cuse for a few reasons. The SEC schedule can be a gauntlet. You play in a dome half your games in perfect conditions. And let's face it, you will have the opportunity to get on the field and light it up sooner at Cuse.
I agree completely. Realistically you also have to consider where will you feel most comfortable, and what school offers the most intrinsic value to you. In both cases I think that would probably be USC.

In some ways his decision will be to weigh what he feels is best for him currently versus the longer term. Very hard for a young man to pick the latter especially when you have all of that local pressure.

I think Beck thinks this kid is a generational talent.

Another aspect we’re not really talking about is his family, as for all we know his parents may very well be the ones who ultimately decide. I know that if it were my 17yo son to say that I had influence over the final decision would be a tremendous understatement. But every family dynamic is different.

McAllister was on Axe, and I think he really nailed it. He said at this point you have to assume that he’s going to stay home….and now the script is flipped, the longer this takes the better for us.

The delay to Friday might be Beck trying to string this out a bit. If this delays to February….I don’t think we’d be upset.

Love that the shirt world rumor made it to Twitter…lolol.

After all “Shirt world” is really code for “Weitsman”.
Tell this to Jeff Kelly smh.

Another aspect we’re not really talking about is his family, as for all we know his parents may very well be the ones who ultimately decide. I know that if it were my 17yo son to say that I had influence over the final decision would be a tremendous understatement. But every family dynamic is different.
Agree that every family dynamic is different. If my kids ever get recruited to play college sports they would have the freedom to choose any school they would want...well, except Penn St.

I'm sure that this was stated and I've just forgotten, but is he announcing at a school assembly in front of the student body? I ask because that would be a rough crowd if he doesn't flip. If it's a smaller ceremony, leaving home is easier to announce. I figured with all of the analyzing of minutia that I'd toss in my 2 cents.

Agree that every family dynamic is different. If my kids ever get recruited to play college sports they would have the freedom to choose any school they would want...well, except Penn St.
Even Cortland my Bomber brethren ?!

Who am I to talk, my eldest is at Rutgers.

I'm sure that this was stated and I've just forgotten, but is he announcing at a school assembly in front of the student body? I ask because that would be a rough crowd if he doesn't flip. If it's a smaller ceremony, leaving home is easier to announce. I figured with all of the analyzing of minutia that I'd toss in my 2 cents.
Hopefully he’s traveling north as we speak and will be broadcasting live on Marshall St on Friday.