Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

Well now we’ve really gone and gd done it. I think there’s a glitch in the matrix… maybe we’ve broken the space time continuum with this thread. Or maybe Tep is a time traveler or Kreskin the Great.

At 12:06 AM Tep responded to a post made by M53k at 12:27 AM.

I think I’m freaking out man.

Oh. And we still don’t know about Sellers. This Mason Jars air gd tight.

Last edited:
I think there’s a glitch in the matrix… maybe we’ve broken the space time continuum with this thread.

At 12:06 AM Tep responded to a post made by M53k at 12:27 AM.

I think I’m freaking out man.

Oh. And we still don’t know about Sellers. This Mason Jars air gd tight.
He deleted his original post and reposted the same thing after lol.

Apples and Oranges. He followed a coach who he built a relationship with and who stuck with him throughout an injury. He may now renege to a coach who finally decided he might be good enough to play for him.
Another analytic mind, I like it! :cool:

And there is a difference. Circumstances do matter in life.

You know what I’ve gotten from this recruitment? Look at the people involved and the effort from the Syracuse end in trying to pull this across the finish line…

Syracuse football alums reaching out. Adam W. involved, the guy who just had 5 Buffalo Bills at a Tuesday night Syracuse BBall game. Probably our most important fan/advocate.

We’re toe to toe with an in state SEC school for a well regarded QB.

The decision will be what it will be, and my guess hasn’t changed on that, but we’re in it. And we’re fighting. And we’re doing the things you need to do to be in it.

It’s nice to see. And I do believe our long term trajectory is up.

You know what I’ve gotten from this recruitment? Look at the people involved and the effort from the Syracuse end in trying to pull this across the finish line…

Syracuse football alums reaching out. Adam W. involved, the guy who just had 5 Buffalo Bills at a Tuesday night Syracuse BBall game. Probably our most important fan/advocate.

We’re toe to toe with an in state SEC school for a well regarded QB.

The decision will be what it will be, and my guess hasn’t changed on that, but we’re in it. And we’re fighting. And we’re doing the things you need to do to be in it.

It’s nice to see. And I do believe our long term trajectory is up.

I think this is a lesson in putting all your eggs in one basket and getting burned or maybe not.. That said, Syracuse is much better off recruiting 4 star QB's out of the portal who are currently looking for playing time. I think there is a lot to learn here on how Syracuse should be recruiting QB's in the current landscape and unfortunately I think we are going to find that this ain't it.

If Sellers doesn't win the job in a year or two he will be looking to move on as well.

But yeah glad they are going all in but kid is being recruited by State U and tough to say no

Still 100% irrelevant to my point that an uniformed signing day flip is a lot harder on a coaching staff than a kid decommitting earlier in the process but keep on self righteous keeping on if it floats your boat.

And besides, it's never happened for us in recent memory with a high profile prospect so not really sure how I'd react. We're always the school getting flipped in these cases. :confused:
Tough on the staff. Boo boo. Go cry on your 6 figure contracts. Kids go to schools and coaches leave or are fired without advanced warning to the kid. The OC he was expecting to play for left, without notice or consulting with the kid.
Some people expect more loyalty from an 18 year old, who is not legally bound by a contract, than they do from grown men who are.

The main is issue in flips is timing. I don't think most fans begrudge kids changing their minds, flips 2-3 days prior to signing dont allow schools to make adjustments to recruiting Many committed athletes have months to change their mind. These kids should understand that in many cases they are second choices and weren't a recruiting priority.

And its one of the most racist states. I had a condo in Greenville. Loved the city. Go 10 miles outside of the city in any direction and you better not have NY plates on your car. Confederate flags, more firework stands than Bojangles. If i were black i would serious think twice about playing for a school with the history of South Carolina. I realize this is strong but you need to live there to understand.
Sounds like reasons NBA guys don’t go to Boston. The kid grew up there. It is what he knows.

Are we going to continue to gloss over the fact that people are getting upset about a kid “reneging on a commitment” who only came into SU’s stratosphere after reneging on his first commitment to Virginia?

So was there no respect for him in the first place? Furthermore, will his 2nd (potential) decommitment put him on double secret probation in the respect department or is it one of those pesky two negatives make a positive situation?

At the end of the day, they are kids. They are allowed to take as much time as they want and change their mind as much as they want. Shoot, how many times have we all changed the channel on the tv or radio in our cars over the past few days? So let’s have some perspective here and let the kids be kids and wish them the best with these life-changing decisions.
SC fan providing advice?

Tough on the staff. Boo boo. Go cry on your 6 figure contracts. Kids go to schools and coaches leave or are fired without advanced warning to the kid. The OC he was expecting to play for left, without notice or consulting with the kid.
Some people expect more loyalty from an 18 year old, who is not legally bound by a contract, than they do from grown men who are.
Thanks. I agree it’s much tougher on the staff too when a kid flips on signing day without any warning.

Absent extraordinary circumstances (family issues, exorbitant NIL, dream school come to call, etc.) if a school loses a commitment, that’s on the school. They didn’t do enough to keep the kid. Sometimes early commitments for middling teams are hard to keep when the big dogs come calling late. There can be a momentum to recruiting.

So any more about this hot mic at Dino's presser and Shirt World?

Blasphemy but do we really want him at this point? We could sell like crazy and get him on board, only to then preach patience and that he’ll need to compete with really strong incumbents. Don’t all roads lead to him leaving in a year anyway, after causing lots of drama (and apparently expense) in the meantime?

People don't know its a joke? How in the world is that possible. They think shirt world is going to give out a million dollar NIL deal? Come on.

1) A price was never mentioned in the fake leak.
2) I don't know Shirt World's current accounting balances.
3) It was posted on here, then shared to another SM.

Sorry for my ignorance.

Edit - That's a really crappy joke.

1) A price was never mentioned in the fake leak.
2) I don't know Shirt World's current accounting balances.
3) It was posted on here, then shared to another SM.

Sorry for my ignorance.

Edit - That's a really crappy joke.

Your familiar with shirt worlds history right and the enormous thread about them on the bball board? I mean the owner hasn't donated a dime to the university in decades and he "allegedly" pulls bait and switches with his clothing offers. There's a better chance of Schiano donating to the NIL fund or setting up a deal with Sellers.

ooof. Saw it on twitter this morning. People don't know this.
Awesome Sean Penn GIF