Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

So, I’m going to be honest and upfront right now - I’m a little drunk. The Christmas celebration has started and I know I said I was staying away, but I have thoughts.

1. This sucks. No better way to say it. This kid has been committed to Beck for a long time. To be enticed to stay home NOW is just a punch in the gut.

2. We are going to bring in another QB, whether it be HS or TP. It would have been better for this to happen a while ago so Beck could start working on alternates harder. There’s a balancing act to recruiting a backup option quote your #1 is wavering. It’s really hard to do.

3. There’s one thing I trust in this. That is Sir Jason Beck. Everyone loves this guy. Players want to play for him. X’s:O’s. - this guy gets it. IMO, he is our future head coach. Not only does he know the game, he’s a great person. He can coach up what he has. I truthfully feel good about Shrader, CDRW, and Lamson under him. If Lamson recovers well from his knee, I do believe he has the reigns to the sleigh come next year. We do need to bring in another good option though. With the portal and how fluky things can be - 1QB a year is the minimum.

Losing Sellers sucks. But it’s not a death blow. I think Dino and his staff have shown that they can rate talent. I’m not concerned with how this class “looks” on paper. Getting ride of 4 years of negative program outlook doesn’t happen in one class. Two consecutive wining seasons matters more in recruiting. We will recover and all will be okay. I still think we are primed for a great year next year.
Thank you for this post, so insightful.

Will be interesting (and a good test) to see if Wildhack can identify Beck as a HC that can take this program further than Dino can. If he does that, will also be interested in how he plans to transition this program from Dino to Beck and in a way that will not set it back.

I’m a very simple man. Anyone that’s seen CuseTroop and I drinking together know that alcohol just glows quickly when I start.

1. Any kind of German beer.
2. Double Jack and Diet with a lime.
3. Manhattan, Makers, Up, Orange bitters.

Because we are with the in-laws, and they are on grandchildren enjoyment, it’s been a Manhattan night. Tomorrow, my wife and I are enjoying a night out in downtown Sackets harbor. I am looking forward to the night.
Ohhhh , Sackets Harbor. Love that little town. Start at 1812 brewery. Then fo to the Boathouse for one of Vito’s special martinis. Finish with dinner at Goodfellos. All within 100 ft of each other. Enjoy Jack!

Ohhhh , Sackets Harbor. Love that little town. Start at 1812 brewery. Then fo to the Boathouse for one of Vito’s special martinis. Finish with dinner at Goodfellos. All within 100 ft of each other. Enjoy Jack!

My wife’s parents have a house 59 yards from Goodfellos. It’s a must hit every time we come here.

It's the week before Christmas. Most schools have been out for vacation since Monday.
Is that how South Carolina does it? In Tennessee (or at least Knoxville) kids were in school through Wednesday. In CNY I think they were scheduled through today.

Is that how South Carolina does it? In Tennessee (or at least Knoxville) kids were in school through Wednesday. In CNY I think they were scheduled through today.
When do they go back to school. In NC they are off 12/19 through 1/3.

I’m a very simple man. Anyone that’s seen CuseTroop and I drinking together know that alcohol just glows quickly when I start.

1. Any kind of German beer.
2. Double Jack and Diet with a lime.
3. Manhattan, Makers, Up, Orange bitters.

Because we are with the in-laws, and they are on grandchildren enjoyment, it’s been a Manhattan night. Tomorrow, my wife and I are enjoying a night out in downtown Sackets harbor. I am looking forward to the night.
Hope you brought your skates

There’s still time to make this right!!
1671802995173.jpeg

FWIW his Twitter still shows committed to SU.
I suspect he knows removing it will basically tell the story.
It's why I commented upthread, as someone who manages social media and PR, he needs to have someone sitting on his account so the second he reveals his selection, assuming its SC, that post is deleted and another put up.

I know many here say its a done deal, and it likely is, but the one thing that gives me at least a hint of hope is that since Wed Jaime Beck has still been retweeting messages to him pumping up how exciting the SU offense will be with him. I find it hard to believe if it was a 100% done deal she wouldnt know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom