Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

So, I’m going to be honest and upfront right now - I’m a little drunk. The Christmas celebration has started and I know I said I was staying away, but I have thoughts.

1. This sucks. No better way to say it. This kid has been committed to Beck for a long time. To be enticed to stay home NOW is just a punch in the gut.

2. We are going to bring in another QB, whether it be HS or TP. It would have been better for this to happen a while ago so Beck could start working on alternates harder. There’s a balancing act to recruiting a backup option quote your #1 is wavering. It’s really hard to do.

3. There’s one thing I trust in this. That is Sir Jason Beck. Everyone loves this guy. Players want to play for him. X’s:O’s. - this guy gets it. IMO, he is our future head coach. Not only does he know the game, he’s a great person. He can coach up what he has. I truthfully feel good about Shrader, CDRW, and Lamson under him. If Lamson recovers well from his knee, I do believe he has the reigns to the sleigh come next year. We do need to bring in another good option though. With the portal and how fluky things can be - 1QB a year is the minimum.

Losing Sellers sucks. But it’s not a death blow. I think Dino and his staff have shown that they can rate talent. I’m not concerned with how this class “looks” on paper. Getting ride of 4 years of negative program outlook doesn’t happen in one class. Two consecutive wining seasons matters more in recruiting. We will recover and all will be okay. I still think we are primed for a great year next year.

The same reason that y'all put a kid up on a pedestal and deem him the savior of the team before he ever steps on campus or plays a down of college football.
Acknowledging him as a big loss isn’t putting him on a pedestal. He’s a talented QB that SEC schools were after and he was committed to us for months, that’s a big loss no matter how you spin it. We don’t have to pretend he’s any less talented of a prospect just because he’s no longer coming here however. I don’t believe diminishing a kids talent is a good coping mechanism.

So, I’m going to be honest and upfront right now - I’m a little drunk. The Christmas celebration has started and I know I said I was staying away, but I have thoughts.

1. This sucks. No better way to say it. This kid has been committed to Beck for a long time. To be enticed to stay home NOW is just a punch in the gut.

2. We are going to bring in another QB, whether it be HS or TP. It would have been better for this to happen a while ago so Beck could start working on alternates harder. There’s a balancing act to recruiting a backup option quote your #1 is wavering. It’s really hard to do.

3. There’s one thing I trust in this. That is Sir Jason Beck. Everyone loves this guy. Players want to play for him. X’s:O’s. - this guy gets it. IMO, he is our future head coach. Not only does he know the game, he’s a great person. He can coach up what he has. I truthfully feel good about Shrader, CDRW, and Lamson under him. If Lamson recovers well from his knee, I do believe he has the reigns to the sleigh come next year. We do need to bring in another good option though. With the portal and how fluky things can be - 1QB a year is the minimum.

Losing Sellers sucks. But it’s not a death blow. I think Dino and his staff have shown that they can rate talent. I’m not concerned with how this class “looks” on paper. Getting ride of 4 years of negative program outlook doesn’t happen in one class. Two consecutive wining seasons matters more in recruiting. We will recover and all will be okay. I still think we are primed for a great year next year.
I like drunk Jack

What are we drinking?

Honestly numb to the recruiting stuff these days. Must say I really enjoyed watching his film and thinking of the potential here with us. But, I also know the current nature of CFB and that there are better chances at getting a better QB product out of the portal then straight out of HS for a program like ours.

I took a really strong edible and helped my wife paint. Not sure if I helped or not…
Cant See Cheech Marin GIF

What are we drinking?

I’m a very simple man. Anyone that’s seen CuseTroop and I drinking together know that alcohol just glows quickly when I start.

1. Any kind of German beer.
2. Double Jack and Diet with a lime.
3. Manhattan, Makers, Up, Orange bitters.

Because we are with the in-laws, and they are on grandchildren enjoyment, it’s been a Manhattan night. Tomorrow, my wife and I are enjoying a night out in downtown Sackets harbor. I am looking forward to the night.

Thank you for being candid here. And yes people shouldn’t be made out to be villains if they change their minds (coaches, recruits, anyone), but there is a right and wrong way to do it. And this in my opinion is the wrong way.

Pretty clear this didn’t happen overnight and he probably could have and should have decommitted a while ago.

I’m a very simple man. Anyone that’s seen CuseTroop and I drinking together know that alcohol just glows quickly when I start.

1. Any kind of German beer.
2. Double Jack and Diet with a lime.
3. Manhattan, Makers, Up, Orange bitters.

Because we are with the in-laws, and they are on grandchildren enjoyment, it’s been a Manhattan night. Tomorrow, my wife and I are enjoying a night out in downtown Sackets harbor. I am looking forward to the night.
If you're ever in northeastern Florida, let me know. We'll play a set of tennis (one set, because I don't think I've got more in me) then a couple rounds in St. Augustine, if you want.

Thank you for being candid here. And yes people shouldn’t be made out to be villains if they change their minds (coaches, recruits, anyone), but there is a right and wrong way to do it. And this in my opinion is the wrong way.

Pretty clear this didn’t happen overnight and he probably could have and should have decommitted a while ago.
A week or two ago it was posted that he was essentially de committed, but yes LS never stated this.

In actuality, that's exactly what he is.
Yeah, this kid looks like he would be a 3 year starter here, in the mold of Graves and McNabb. Yes, that is a lot of pressure to put on a young man, but he has the tangibles and more importantly the intangibles.