Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

In actuality, that's exactly what he is.
I’m not saying this because I don’t think he is going to be a great QB. I think he will. I still hope he defies the odds and signs with SU. I don’t want SU to lose this battle and have to do a lot of work to find a replacement. If I could push him toward Syracuse, I would in a second.

But there are hundreds of QBs out there who have massive potential. It makes it more difficult for Beck but I just think he can find another great candidate for the job.

Acknowledging him as a big loss isn’t putting him on a pedestal. He’s a talented QB that SEC schools were after and he was committed to us for months, that’s a big loss no matter how you spin it. We don’t have to pretend he’s any less talented of a prospect just because he’s no longer coming here however. I don’t believe diminishing a kids talent is a good coping mechanism.
I'm not diminishing his talent but I diminish the way he is handling his commitment. This already signed but won't announce which school until a couple days later is bullsh--t.

I'm not diminishing his talent but I diminish the way he is handling his commitment. This already signed but won't announce which school until a couple days later is bullsh--t.
You can put signed with South Carolina by noon tomorrow. Would like to be wrong, but you don't announce in your High School Auditorium if you are going out of state.

10mg each - 5 would be crazy.
Yeah I didn’t mean those specific ones, but I ate 5 one time after they became legal here in Cali and it didn’t turn out so well for me lol.

Yeah, it's almost like Sellers is deliberately going out of his way to do what he thinks is best.

There is another way to look at it. If he were to come to Syracuse and shows he's all he's cracked up to be, then the odds of one or two talented QBs on the roster transfer out increase significantly. So losing this recruiting battle would be the net of Sellers less the loss of 1-2 quality current QBs.

I’m not saying this because I don’t think he is going to be a great QB. I think he will. I still hope he defies the odds and signs with SU. I don’t want SU to lose this battle and have to do a lot of work to find a replacement. If I could push him toward Syracuse, I would in a second.

But there are hundreds of QBs out there who have massive potential. It makes it more difficult for Beck but I just think he can find another great candidate for the job.

There aren't "hundreds" of kids out there with THIS kid's potential.

That doesn't invalidate your other point, about Beck finding other candidates via the portal.

I like drunk Jack

rum-jack-sparrow.gif

JackBauer?

Who cares when he signs. He can sign whenever he wants to. He doesn’t need to appease a bunch of grown men and sign when they are expecting him to.

Schools in NC start earlier in August so naturally they get out earlier for Christmas vacation.

Gotcha. I assumed they just naturally get out earlier at the end of the year, not for Christmas since that’s how schools where my wife grew up and her family live do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom