Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

Well GS was a WR at best according to our boy Leach (dump a 40 —-> “oz” for you oldies). If Sellers ends up at the tail end of the QB bench it may not be because of his ability but as we’re all expecting, he doesn’t fit the system.
Different scenario. GS was in place when the HC change took place.

Yeah. Try and smooth this over. Facts are, the way this went down is a really bad look. Either the staff (including Athletics) or the team need to say what this was - bad, bad look for Seller's first and SU second.
Fine be hell bent on dwelling on this 24/7 and I want you to be completely pissed off every second of every day. I tell you what, send a note to Wildhack and tell him you are withholding all donations and season tickets purchases until you are 100 percent satisfied. You are out of your mind if you think the team and/or JW will say what you are saying. The staff missed on a good player, guess what? happens. Follow effin Alabama if you want to win all the time.

You’re the one that needs some help if that’s how you react to someone that disagrees with you. Who died and made you God? Jackass.
It’s not a hard call, nothing justifies tweeting at a kid because he didn’t pick your school. It doesn’t take God to know that.

people who don’t know that need some remedial ethics

It’s not a hard call, nothing justifies tweeting at a kid because he didn’t pick your school. It doesn’t take God to know that.

You're definitely going overboard here.

Is it stupid to tweet at a teenager? Yes it is. Is it "unethical" as you say? No it isn't.

Social media is a cesspool though if you're active on it, you should expect to receive negative reactions to things you do/post. It's a public space. If the "kid" doesn't like it then move to private.

He’s not a “kid” the second he’s getting paid to play a sport. He’s a professional. He’s a public figure and there are pros and cons that come with that.

For the record I don’t even use Twitter. But it is what it is.

Last edited:
Wish kid the best but at end of day, no one knows how good or bad he will be. We might all be fretting over a kid who potentially couldve come here and never ended up playing. Maybe well catch him out if the portal in a year or two. Shrader is our starter for next year anyways. Most important is making a bowl game again next year.

She's a deployment of the admin/media trying to spin any negative into a neutral.

2 things.

1- I think Emily does a good job.
2- I have been getting criticized if not crucified by Syracuse fans who live in an overly saccahrine orange world for decades now. Let's not pretend it starts with her, or any media member. This is a fan base that largely recoils at assertions of negativity. At least far more so than any other I've been a part of. This isn't a criticism as much as an observation of fact.

2 things.

1- I think Emily does a good job.
2- I have been getting criticized if not crucified by Syracuse fans who live in an overly saccahrine orange world for decades now. Let's not pretend it starts with her, or any media member. This is a fan base that largely recoils at assertions of negativity. At least far more so than any other I've been a part of. This isn't a criticism as much as an observation of fact.
How many fan bases have you been a part of?

Checking in again. Drunk again.

This dude made the worst mistake he could have made. Under that OC, even with snaps, he’s going to falter. He could have had the keys here.

Wrong choice, Bruh.

Cheers

Checking in again. Drunk again.

This dude made the worst mistake he could have made. Under that OC, even with snaps, he’s going to falter. He could have had the keys here.

Wrong choice, Bruh.
How was Goodfellos?

Can you point to some comments by Coach Beck implying/stating that Sellers is a "generational" talent.

I was 14 and trying out for a Jr B hockey team in a Toronto suburb. There was another 14 year old that was on the team the prior year that was working out with the team. This was a 14 year old amongst 17-19 year olds. He was easily the best player on the ice. His name was Wayne Gretzky. Even then, he was not identified as a "generational" talent.

This term must have been created afterwards - or not.

For me, "generational" talent is a label that should be applied AFTER the accomplishments take place - not before.
This generational talent phrase is used way too much. A QB that has a few FBS offers is not a generational talent, at least at this point .

What were the official offers he had? The only ones I know of were UVA/ Cuse, SC, Georgia Tech and I’m assuming Liberty.

Can you point to some comments by Coach Beck implying/stating that Sellers is a "generational" talent.

I was 14 and trying out for a Jr B hockey team in a Toronto suburb. There was another 14 year old that was on the team the prior year that was working out with the team. This was a 14 year old amongst 17-19 year olds. He was easily the best player on the ice. His name was Wayne Gretzky. Even then, he was not identified as a "generational" talent.

This term must have been created afterwards - or not.

For me, "generational" talent is a label that should be applied AFTER the accomplishments take place - not before.
Just a side note , Bobby Orr was discovered at a game in Gananaque Ontario ….. the Bruin Scouts were there to watch 2 players on the opposite team , not Orr.

Say hypothetically; loser of backup qb job between Lamson and CDRW, portals. Depending on what Morgan's status is; we absolutely need another scholarship qb, don't we? Thankful to have the Captain again on the roster next season if he decides to stay; quality 3rd qb, with some decent playing experience. I guess you have to weigh the benefits of getting a kid in before Spring Ball, versus, waiting to see who comes available after Spring practices at other schools.
No, not now unless it is a high school signee.

I think good seasons pay off on a year delay. So 2024 recruiting is more a result of 2022 success.
That’s what they used to say but that was preportal thinking. I think the Bama, ND & Neb kids were direct result of getting ranked this season

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom