Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

I’m sure this has been mentioned, but I think recruiting the portal will become more effective. You’re getting players that aren’t as incentivized to hit the portal bc they now have to sit after doing it once.

Not to mention the obvious, they’ve already spent time at the collegiate level.

Lower risk, potentially higher reward.
There are multiple reasons why players enter the portal and the staff will need to be selective in recruiting them. All that enters the portal is not good.

So he decommitted from 2 schools in less than a year to select the one that only started showing interest a couple of months ago. He forgot about the guy that was loyal to him through the lows as well as the highs. He holds about as much interest for me as a recruit to Idaho, which is another way of saying I don't give a crap whether he succeeds or fails.

There are multiple reasons why players enter the portal and the staff will need to be selective in recruiting them. All that enters the portal is not good.
I don’t disagree at all. I think in the aggregate there’s a larger net positive though.

Anyone who says recruiting rankings do not matter ...top 5 recruiting classes in last 5 years(no particular order) ...Alabama,2x, Clemson , Georgia, LSU...National champs ...Georgia,Alabama, LSU, Clemson ,Alabama ,
That’s not our stratosphere. How about data on classes ranked 35 to 75.

Grow
His twitter feed is so weird; half SC fans gloating, a quarter toxic Cuse fans reacting, and a quarter Cuse fans congratulating him which is even weirder.

Lol
Grown adults interacting with high school kids on twitter, especially ones they have no connection with in real life is weird. Gloating, congratulating, whatever….it’s weird.

Grow

Grown adults interacting with high school kids on twitter, especially ones they have no connection with in real life is weird. Gloating, congratulating, whatever….it’s weird.
It is, and I'm not even on twitter, but they're not just high school kids at this point. Like it or not, they're celebrities. They're thought of and they present themselves as such.

Grow

Well I mean, we could also say then that watching them on television and talking about them online (like we’re both doing right now) is also weird. Lol

Anybody engaging with any player or prospect in a negative manner is an idiot.

not up for debate
You just went full Jeff Probst.

103D4AB0-2E88-4BA6-8071-62E930800F98.jpeg

Spencer Rattler drives a $275k G wagon around Columbia. They went out and hired the biggest turd of an OC as possible, after we promoted Beck to OC, and he still flipped. This had nothing to do with "coaches." If hes old enough to make business decisions, he's old enough for me to say, after the way this went down, I hope he gets booed out of Willie B stadium and goes home with foggy rec specs from crying so much.

Last edited:
My issue with it is the anonymity of the people criticizing him on twitter. If you want to criticize put your name to it and don't hide behind a fake twitter name. I'm sure if people had to say who they really were there would be a lot less stupid on Social Media.
Fair enough but it’s the same on message boards like this as well.

Grow

I'm with you. I don't get the need to interact with teens on the interwebs. Seems like a dangerous place to hang out.

I don’t agree with Sellers decision, or how he went about handling it. But admittedly my reasoning skills, maturity level and decision making abilities when I was 17yo was practically non existent.

As a SUFB fan I’m not going to act like I’m rooting for him though, in fact it’s quite the opposite. I’m now rooting against him as a player.

That’s football, and that’s fine.

Don't mention LOYALTY again please in this thread.. You are a good man Mr. Beck and we are so lucky to have you. Go Orange

Yeah I didn’t mean those specific ones, but I ate 5 one time after they became legal here in Cali and it didn’t turn out so well for me lol.
Stick with 2;
I’m ok with this. We work Hard on another qb next year and forget about Sellers. Lamson is the guy I’m excited for in the future.
I’m excited for a healthy Shrader in the present.

there’s a fair chance he ends up portaling if he doesn’t win the starting job in 2 years. But it won’t matter if beck has moved on by then. Essentially even if we signed him now he’d portal out if beck were to leave in 2+ years.

Bottom line - it all comes back to retaining Beck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom