Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

P5 offers are a good reference point but its looking like 2 out of the 3 QBs likely go in the 1st rd of the draft this year had 0 P5 offers out of high school. Seems to be something that has been happening fairly regularly at the poistion. There's also an infinite number of recruits like this that don't turn into anything so the odds are certainly not in his favor.

But of course it is their territory now with SU.

Why is it? This staff hasn't normally recruited LA. I think in the forseeable future you are going to see them continue to recruit heavily in Florida and the Midwest. Unless a relationship is there with a coaching staff as it is at Narbonne in CA they are going to recruit what and who they know. Maybe I am wrong... just my guess.

Why is it? This staff hasn't normally recruited LA. I think in the forseeable future you are going to see them continue to recruit heavily in Florida and the Midwest. Unless a relationship is there with a coaching staff as it is at Narbonne in CA they are going to recruit what and who they know. Maybe I am wrong... just my guess.
No, I can agree with you on that. It would make sense.

I am not even sure that is it. This staff wants their own players. Period. With a few exceptions they haven't kept any of Shafers' recruits for 2016.

Right, the exceptions though are talented prospects who fit what they want. doesn't matter if it was their guy or not. what has mattered is talent and fit.

While i trust Dino et al and their eye for talent, i would hate to lose this kid, where he is accomplishing what he is accomplishing is special, would hate to see him go and kill it somewhere else on the P5 level. You sometimes wonder if a new staffs ego gets in the way of taking a kid found by the previous staff, geeez, I hope not, but it makes you wonder,

721Comstock said:
I cannot understand our staff's seeming ambivalence about Lindsey??
He's just gotten done KILLING IT at the highest levels in La HS Football for the past 2 seasons.

Meanwhile, we have ED who may be 1 more hit away from DQ, and who only played in a handful of games.
The Officer who can't throw accurately.
Wilson who throws it to the other team.
Rex coming off major knee injury and an entire missed season.
And no other solid QB prospects, apparently.

He's the only guy who's been able to stay on the field and have success, and we're like "meh"?
I don't get it.

If Scott does not LOI to SU I will be angry with this staff. Period.

I see your point but wouldn't having Scott on the team help develop a relationship? There seems to be a lot of talent around that area unless they are just going to forego the area.

I don't believe that this staff or Scott have had a face to face visit yet. Is that right?

What to me will be telling is if they make an in home visit to Scott. How can you wait until the last weekend before signing day and have never actually met each other and make a decision.

I see your point but wouldn't having Scott on the team help develop a relationship? There seems to be a lot of talent around that area unless they are just going to forego the area.
Didn't say that they will forgo it forever but they have been following kids in their normal recruitment area for years. Just look at who they offered yesterday for 2017... even a 2019. These guys had their eye on kids for BGSU for several classes already, that's just how recruiting works. If those prospects would work for Babers system at BGSU they will work at SU.

Didn't say that they will forgo it forever but they have been following kids in their normal recruitment area for years. Just look at who they offered yesterday for 2017... even a 2019. These guys had their eye on kids for BGSU for several classes already, that's just how recruiting works. If those prospects would work for Babers system at BGSU they will work at SU.

I agree with that but it doesn't hurt to develop a relationship with kids in a very talented area.

I agree with that but it doesn't hurt to develop a relationship with kids in a very talented area.
Definitely not but it takes time because it isn't just the kids but HS coaches in the area. So the thinking might be why stray from the area where we have been successful recruiting, have established relationships and can probably get kids easier now that we are at a P5 school. They know the talent level in the Midwest and FL already. And with the hiring of Monroe and Ferri perhaps the recruiting area will increase to PA, NJ, VA and MD.

Definitely not but it takes time because it isn't just the kids but HS coaches in the area. So the thinking might be why stray from the area where we have been successful recruiting, have established relationships and can probably get kids easier now that we are at a P5 school. They know the talent level in the Midwest and FL already. And with the hiring of Monroe and Ferri perhaps the recruiting area will increase to PA, NJ, VA and MD.

I agree with that as well and that is kind of my point, Scotts coach will remember this good or bad and if this scholarship falls through well it might be over to a point in that area. I do get not thinning yourself out too much on the recruiting trail and I'm sure if this does fall apart it won't hurt SU in the area since they won't be there in to recruit anyways. It would be nice to have an allie as a coach there who might give the SU staff a heads up on a under the radar kid. Again, not a huge deal just don't like burning bridges.

No, the writing's definitely not on the wall.
Fair enough...let me put it another way: All indications seem to suggest that this recruit is NOT a priority.
The OV moved back, lukewarm reaction, and multiple offers to other QB's would suggest, IMHO, that the Fat Lady is warming up.

and the coaches have never even visited with him. is that correct?

Fair enough...let me put it another way: All indications seem to suggest that this recruit is NOT a priority.
The OV moved back, lukewarm reaction, and multiple offers to other QB's would suggest, IMHO, that the Fat Lady is warming up.
nope, that's not true either. the only QB they've gone after was Modster and he's off the board.

My personal opinion on Louisiana is, they have a ton of talent. However, the talent typically stays in the south. LSU selects pretty much whomever they want from the state and the rest trickle out to other SEC teams. We got very lucky with Scott and we should appreciate him and the fact that he doesn't fit the mold of a quarterback at LSU. Their loss is our gain, but this doesn't mean that we should be spending resources trying to cultivate relationships in an area that will likely not develop any sort of pipeline.

This board can turn so negative on committed recruits is numbing. The insecurity here is second to none...
Not sure what you mean and not to speak for anyone else, but most of the posts I've read are lamenting the thought of losing this kid, not the other way around. I think NOT taking or losing this kid, because of ambivalence, inaction, or whatever, would be a huge mistake.
JMHO.

My personal opinion on Louisiana is, they have a ton of talent. However, the talent typically stays in the south. LSU selects pretty much whomever they want from the state and the rest trickle out to other SEC teams. We got very lucky with Scott and we should appreciate him and the fact that he doesn't fit the mold of a quarterback at LSU. Their loss is our gain, but this doesn't mean that we should be spending resources trying to cultivate relationships in an area that will likely not develop any sort of pipeline.

I agree with that as well. My point is basically to keep a relationship in a positive way for the area so the coach(s) will send out a shout out to SU on a kid that isn't being highly recruited. I do see allocating your recruiting areas to get the most talent possible that will continue to be a feeder for SU.

I'd also like to add that I wouldn't be surprised if rutgers was recruiting him to be an athlete but telling him what he wants to hear to get him to sign. I trust the coaches evaluations and hopefully we'll see Lindsey in Orange next fall.

I agree with that as well. My point is basically to keep a relationship in a positive way for the area so the coach(s) will send out a shout out to SU on a kid that isn't being highly recruited. I do see allocating your recruiting areas to get the most talent possible that will continue to be a feeder for SU.

I'd also like to add that I wouldn't be surprised if rutgers was recruiting him to be an athlete but telling him what he wants to hear to get him to sign. I trust the coaches evaluations and hopefully we'll see Lindsey in Orange next fall.
I agree, you don't want to close those doors completely by creating a negative experience. Scott seems like the kind of kid that would have some influence in his area as well, so if he is happy, he might be able to get in the ear of other good players from his area and create some interest without the staff having to do much leg work at all.

nope, that's not true either. the only QB they've gone after was Modster and he's off the board.

I don’t know about that. Didn’t they make contact with both Josh Jackson and Anthony Brown? As well as recently started following Anthony Russo among others over the past month. Plus they also reached out to the A&M transfer?

I don’t know about that. Didn’t they make contact with both Josh Jackson and Anthony Brown? As well as recently started following Anthony Russo among others over the past month. Plus they also reached out to the A&M transfer?
They followed a ton of kids on twitter and didn't offer all of them