Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

Hope the kid does great wherever he goes. He's handled it all with a ton of class.

That being said, I don't think we'll be worried about how great this kid was/is a season from now. We'll be fine at QB. The stats will start to recruit the position for us.

Scott praised SU & our coaches, calling Lewis "amazing." My take is that Dino, et al were absolutely honest with him, laying out Scott's opportunities at SU and the style of play to expect. It is Scott who obviously decided SU is no longer the fit for him, not the other way around. The idea that Scott feels spurned or hurt comes from disappointed fans, not this excellent athlete. That said, I sure hope he doesn't pick Rutgirls, but I still trust our coaches and think they did right by this kid.

Maybe he doesn't like Drake as much as Coach Lewis?
Could have been any number of reasons. Hope the kid made the right choice for HIM.

go read the Heckel thread to see the difference between a kid they wanted to keep versus one they didn't.

Dec 8 he talked to Babers, Lewis and Lynch and scheduled an in-home visit for Dec 9.

I haven't looked at the Culpepper timeline but I imagine it's similar.

IMO losing this commitment could leave us with issues at QB, especially if the injuries at QB pile up like last season. I hope our current staff has other options at QB that fit their system who are available and want in for 2016. In saying this I am not being critical of HCDB or his staff; just concerned.

I'd love to agree, but, as far as the rule goes it's pretty cut and dry. Unfortunately, I believe, Mr. Hunt's career here is at an end.

Wilson, Dungey, Mahoney & Rex - maybe Womack... That's what we got. Dont bring in just to bring in this class. If you whiffed you whiffed. Your results in 2016 should have us in a much better position with the 2017 class.
Big assumption that our results will be better in 2016. Especially if #1 and 2 QB go down, then we are looking at a crappie season again and absolutely zero to crow about in the recruiting game for 2017.

Big assumption that our results will be better in 2016. Especially if #1 and 2 QB go down, then we are looking at a crappie season again and absolutely zero to crow about in the recruiting game for 2017.
Big assumption our #1 and #2 QB might go down. At this point in the 2016 season all we have is "big assumptions"...

I am not going to pretend to be a great talent evaluator...but look at his offers. I understand the kid had a great HS career, and he won some huge accolades after it. But are we really wringing our hands from a kids who's only P5 offers (with less than a month before NSD) from us, Purdue and Rutgers? I am sorry...but I trust the fact that ALL those other coaches who have done waaay, waaay, more research on him (that get paid dang good to do so) that anyone on this board has know what they are doing for the most part..

I certainly wish the kid luck and success...and if he proves literally almost everyone wrong then good for him. But I seriously doubt we will look back in 4 years and cry over this spilled milk.

Big assumption our #1 and #2 QB might go down. At this point in the 2016 season all we have is "big assumptions"...

Sadly, no - it's not. Have you watched the past 2 seasons?
Dungey may be 1 hit away from being DQ'd like AJ was.
Rex is coming off a major knee injury. And an entire missed season.

The officer can't throw the ball accurately, and Wilson throws it to the other team.

I hope we don't end up regretting losing him.
At worst, he would have made for a nice insurance policy for this upcoming season.

Sadly, no - it's not. Have you watched the past 2 seasons?
Dungey may be 1 hit away from being DQ'd like AJ was.
Rex is coming off a major knee injury. And an entire missed season.

The officer can't throw the ball accurately, and Wilson throws it to the other team.

I hope we don't end up regretting losing him.
At worst, he would have made for a nice insurance policy for this upcoming season.
Yes I've watched every game for awhile, really no need to question that

Dungey has one known concussion, unless you've seen his medical reports (which you haven't)

Wilson might be great in this offense. Kid threw a damn nice ball in High School, yes I watched him play in person

Yes our depth is thin at QB, but at this point you never know was my point

Yes I've watched every game for awhile, really no need to question that

Dungey has one known concussion, unless you've seen his medical reports (which you haven't)

Wilson might be great in this offense. Kid threw a damn nice ball in High School, yes I watched him play in person

Yes our depth is thin at QB, but at this point you never know was my point

Hence why I said Dungey may be 1 hit away from being DQ'd.
He is - at most - 2 bad hits away from a DQ.

I sincerely hope that Dungey has an amazing 2016, destroys all SU's passing records, and leads us to a nice bowl win.
While Wilson or Mahoney backs him up as needed (ideally at the end of blowout SU wins), and Rex gets to RS.
And we never miss Lindsey, and he goes on to have a nice career at Tulane or Purdue.
And then we recruit 1-2 stud 4-5* QB's next year. And each year thereafter.

He got his old recruiter back. Thats all it was. CL was absolutely right

I guess Shafe said the same thing to SU's commits, as Dino said to BGSU's - I won't offer you while you are committed.
But if you decommit first, then it's fair game.

I hate Maryland almost as much as SUNJ, but of those 2, I'd rather see him go to the Terps.

It all makes sense now.

Maybe they didn't make him a priority in the beginning but it was his decision to decommit. And they could have made him a priority and he still may have decided that Syracuse wasn't the place for him with these new coaches. Like I posted before it could have all come down to simple personal chemistry. That is why kids committed to a school often decommit after a new staff is brought in to that school... they don't have the same comfort level with the new staff.
KUDOS to you CL, you hit this one on the head. He wanted his old recruiter back and didn't feel comfortable with the new staff. BINGO

LS could have been a good player, but it makes you wonder when no other P5 schools even sniff a kid.

He's marylands plan b to. They're going to lose Haskins and they've been offering other QBs

Scott seems like a great kid who had an amazing HS career, but he has ofers from Tulane and Rutgers. Everyone knows his numbers and success, but no offers. Somebody knows something and this staff already realized that many of Shafer recruits were not ACC caliber. This is pretty much a given when you see who they have eventually comitted to. I like the kid, but you really have to question why NOONE ELSE ever offered him.

The excuse that the kid is no good and can't play QB because he has no offers is overplayed. Need I remind everyone that Eric Dungey, our true freshman (anointed program savior by many) QB starter had offers from Wyoming, Yale and Harvard when we offered him and he committed to us. He had no Oregon, Oregon St., Washington, Wash. St. or any P5 offers besides us. Additionally, fwiw, Scott has a higher ranking than Dungey had by the services.

Not meaning to pick on you particularly but the refrain of he didn't have any other offers rings hollow in this one based upon our recent recruiting, which includes most of the new staff's current signees outside of Ruff. Most Babers signees have minimal or no commitable P5 offers to this point or they have similiarly situated P5 offers (i.e. Purdue, Rutgers, WF, Indiana, Illinois, etc.)

We aren't getting guys with high P5 offers right now. Failing to recognize that for the commits but using it as an excuse for the decommits is hypocritical imo.

Point being that beyond Dungey, we really don't know what we have at the position. Is it better to have more kids at the QB position or less?

I wasn't assuming anything, I believe I used the word if. Based on history in this program, it is more likely thank not that we will use multiple QB's in a season. Just sayin that those are the odds.

Name the ton of QB's they offered?

Anthony Brown
Josh Jackson
Devon Modster
Gunnar Hoak

Plus transfer Kyle Allen

Those are off the top of my head.

Anthony Brown
Josh Jackson
Devon Modster
Gunnar Hoak

Plus transfer Kyle Allen

Those are off the top of my head.
Anthony Brown = old staff
Davon Modster = Yes
Gunnar Hoak = I missed him
Josh Jackson = old staff

Never saw an offer for Kyle Allen, I saw some of our coaches following him on tweeter
We didn't send out a ton of QB offers maybe 3-4 at the very most is my point

I'm not assuming they'll be better in 2016, they better be better in 2016. If they don't think they'll be then they shouldn't be doing this. They should be better with a full recruiting cycle. They should be better once they're running their offense here. They should be better because that's what they were brought here to do.

I'm not interested in throwing a QB into this recruiting class because you couldn't close Scott or the others you had an eye on, you whiffed. You don't bring a body in for the sake of bringing a body in.

I was looking forward to Lindsey because of on field potential and off the field character. But I'll trust Coach Babers and the staff know who would and wouldn't be a good fit for their system. I hope Lindsey does really well wherever he ends up, not because I want him to stick it to the staff, but because of the tremendous class he has handled this whole process.