Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

Scott is 5- 8 or 5 -9 and he's a power run QB. He'd fit in Lester's system, BC, Temple or OSU style offense much better.

He would never play here as a first choice.

Where did you get that idea, Scott is 6 foot and weighs 205? He may be slightly undersized for a QB but he is not a midget. He is a very good athlete.
His father was a star receiver at Georgia and played for the Saints in the NFL so he has some bloodlines too.
I think this staff will live to regret not nailing this young man down.

Last edited:
Maybe this young man didn't want to come to Syracuse? Why is it the staff's fault?

Maybe this young man didn't want to come to Syracuse? Why is it the staff's fault?

Pretty sure that we can all agree that was not the case here.

this should ruffle some feathers but he may have had an in-home with UNC today and now has Oklahoma State sniffing around.

Purdue flipped a kid from Southern Miss so they're probably out.

Pretty sure that we can all agree that was not the case here.

How exactly? His offer wasn't pulled, so how is it the staff's fault the recruit is changing his mind? Maybe he didn't like hearing that the staff was still recruiting QB's for their system, should they lie just to get someone to sign so fans don't blame them. I don't get it...I really don't.

He wasn't the player of the year in Maine. He was the player of the year in Louisiana.

I think it's pretty clear the staff wasn't hot for him. If they were, they'd still be trying to change his mind.

How exactly? His offer wasn't pulled, so how is it the staff's fault the recruit is changing his mind? Maybe he didn't like hearing that the staff was still recruiting QB's for their system, should they lie just to get someone to sign so fans don't blame them. I don't get it...I really don't.

Think the consensus view of the situation was that he was put on the back burner from the start of the coaching transition and remained there for the duration of his commitment. I don't really see any way to view it otherwise.

It's all relative- he got an in-home visit from the OC- all these other schools sniffing around weren't exactly enamored with the kid before their qb recruits started dropping by the wayside either.

this should ruffle some feathers but he may have had an in-home with UNC today and now has Oklahoma State sniffing around.

Purdue flipped a kid from Southern Miss so they're probably out.
what i take from that is (and this may not be right or popular, but):

Kid started receiving more and more P5 offers and is looking at his options? Some of which are currently more attractive than Syracuse?

It's all relative- he got an in-home visit from the OC- all these other schools sniffing around weren't exactly enamored with the kid before their qb recruits started dropping by the wayside either.

Exactly.

Where did you get that idea, Scott is 6 foot and weighs 205? He may be slightly undersized for a QB but he is not a midget. He is a very good athlete.
His father was a star receiver at Georgia and played for the Saints in the NFL so he has some bloodlines too.

Listed at 5'11"...translation: 5'10" at the most. I love the kid but in the end, unless he is the next Russell Wilson he will be recruited over. I personally would have taken him if I was running the ship.

Ish88888 said:
Listed at 5'11"...translation: 5'10" at the most. I love the kid but in the end, unless he is the next Russell Wilson he will be recruited over. I personally would have taken him if I was running the ship.

Everyone gets recruited over if you're doing it right.

Sorry, but he is listed at what I said, maybe you are looking at an earlier listing, kids have this habit of growing even at seventeen or eighteen. He would have been a player for us even if he never took a snap at QB, and I think he would have. Stand by my comment that this staff did not give him love and if they had he would probably still be committed, I think they will be sorry down the road.
Water over the dam now though.

If they get any of these QBs they prefer then fine, but that is a mighty big if. I certainly hope they recruit the second coming of Joe Namath or any other legendary QB you prefer to think of.
We will just wait and see.

Sorry, but he is listed at what I said, maybe you are looking at an earlier listing, kids have this habit of growing even at seventeen or eighteen. He would have been a player for us even if he never took a snap at QB, and I think he would have. Stand by my comment that this staff did not give him love and if they had he would probably still be committed, I think they will be sorry down the road.
1 site has him a 6'
3 sites have him a 5'11"
It's an inch move on

You mean he was listed at 6' kind of like AJ was listed at 6' ?

How about he was listed at 6' kind if like every kid runs a 4.4 or 4.3 40 in HS when the truth is that there really about 5-6 guys that fast at the combine every year?

You are citing results from May 2015, more than eight months ago. He was only sixteen at that time, and like most kids do has grown in that time. He is now six feet.
As I said undersized for a QB but not a midget.
Thanks for your input, I know you are a great poster.
How do you know he grew, did you bring a tape measure when you saw hime last?

He's not 6 foot. He's wasn't taller than Moe Neal and Neal is 5-10 supposedly. He was the shortest guy in his huddle in that all star game.

How do you know he grew, did you bring a tape measure when you saw hime last?
Just citing the latest data I have found on him, not data from eight months ago.

Does not affect my opinion of his potential as a player for us in any way. I believe you take any player who is the best in their state, especially a state like Louisiana. Size be damned. As I said I do not care if he ever played QB, but you need to give a guy like that a shot.

If you follow some of your reasoning we should never have recruited Moe Neal, and Joe Morris should have been kicked to the curb.

Not all QBs need to end up as QBs. He might have been a running back or followed his fathers path at WR, or he might have actually stuck at QB. I just think the kid was a player.
Water over the dam now. Moving on.

Looks like the last 3 QB's before Scott that won the Gatorade POY in Louisiana were:

2015 - Deshawn Capers-Smith (CB at Texas A&M - played sparingly as true frosh)
2009 - Dez Duron (QB at Yale, never took a varsity snap)
2008 - Jordan Jefferson (Former LSU QB)

Jefferson was the last one to actually play a varsity snap at the position in college.

Best QB by recruiting year in Louisiana
2011 - Dak Prescott - He was elite (Mississippi State)
2012 - D'Shaie Lindor - UL Lafayette
2013 - Damien Williams - Miss State
2014 - Brandon Harris - LSU
2015 - Jason Pellerin - Ole Miss
2016 - Cole Kelley - Arkansas

Just passing along that information. It is extremely hard for an elite talent to slip through all of Louisiana without an offer from a SEC school.

My opinion on Scott is that he is the Zach Allen of this coaching change. Wish him the best, but people on this board are greatly overvaluing what his production can be at the D-1 level at the Quarterback position. While he is an athlete with value, is he really a better RB then some of the true RB's we are recruiting?

He may prove me wrong. I hope he does and has a very successful career, but its not like he is a diamond in the rough, which I think Dungey was in a sense. Scott played at a big school and won a state championship/POY in a heavily recruited football state.