QB Starter Prediction | Syracusefan.com

QB Starter Prediction

I'm going to pull a "Private Ringer" on the board and go out on a limb on this issue.

Terrel Hunt will be the starting QB for the 2013 Orange - book it.
Yep

I'm going to pull a "Private Ringer" on the board and go out on a limb on this issue.

Why do you think that?

He's gotta have a leg up... As much as I want to see what Allen can do, I would love to see T Hunt win it!

After watching that video on Rel's life struggles and losing his Mom, it is really hard for me wanting someone besides TH starting. Plus we would have a potential 3 year starter. Kid gives us another element.

With that being said, may the best man win. Syracuse Football needs to continue winning.

Last edited:
I believe that I have somewhat of a handle on what Hunt can do and if Allen beats him out we Syracuse fans are going to be very happy this year. I still want to see how Hunt is under constant real game speed pressure though to get a better idea but I really like what I see from him so far.

I am in agreement. Not meant to be disparaging toward any of the others. I just think Hunt will be the best fit for this offense.

I got to believe Allen was brought in to start...so if Hunt does beat him out that says nothing but good things about Hunt. I think it is a Win/Win situation. I just can't wait for the first snap vs PSU, whoever the QB is.

I got to believe Allen was brought in to start...so if Hunt does beat him out that says nothing but good things about Hunt. I think it is a Win/Win situation. I just can't wait for the first snap vs PSU, whoever the QB is.

This. I honestly think with either Hunt or Allen, it should keep defenses honest enough to not drop 8 into the box. Forced to make a prediction though...I'll go with Allen.

With this stable of running backs, the QB's ability to run becomes less important. Which tilts the scale towards the better pure passer.

I will take the path much less traveled and go with Charley Loeb.

Drew Allen. And I expect him to have a very good year*.

* Provided the OL is capable.

BREAKING NEWS: Two Headed Monster Conquers All in 2014 - Allen AND Hunt

Why do you think that?

No special insight.

TH is a solid athlete - he seems to have good feet - he also seems to have good command of offense - he has been here for three years - he was here this spring and he showed great improvement as the spring continued.

I thought it was the best run spring game I have ever seen.

I have to give TH a lot of credit for that.

So, I'm going with him.

I'll say Allen. Nothing against Hunt and I hope he makes an impact before he leaves, but I think a 5th-year guy from a big-time program is going to be the one to get Cuse to another bowl.

I think with a running quarterback it will take two to finish the season. I think that Hunt gets the nod to start the season with Allen in the wings if he falters or gets hurt.

With no inside information at all, I'm thinking / hoping Terrell wins the job.

I am in the corner that Allen didn't come here to sit. And that the staff didn't bring him in to sit.

I am in the corner that Allen didn't come here to sit. And that the staff didn't bring him in to sit.

That's my rationale, as well. I don't see this as being much like the Paulus situation at all, except for the one year aspect. This kid played against a high level of competition for all four years and should be ready to go the moment practice commences. The question in my mind would be: how far "behind" Hunt is he in terms of knowing the offense, terminology, and being on the same page as the receivers? If he can handle those things, I think it will be tough to keep him out of the lineup.

And that is not a knock on Hunt in any way, shape, or form. I'm not sure how much live pressure they brought against him in the spring game [I've heard none]. Obviously, he had a great spring game--but is he ready to handle pass rush and can he still be productive?

I envision Hunt having to wait his turn for one more year, but then stepping into the starting role for his final two seasons of eligibility--which would be a great scenario in terms of him being "ready" to shoulder those responsibilities. And if he beats out Allen this year--disco.

May the best player win.

With this stable of running backs, the QB's ability to run becomes less important. Which tilts the scale towards the better pure passer.

I will take the path much less traveled and go with Charley Loeb.
I'd say the importance of a running qb has less to do with the running backs and more to do with the offensive line. I'll go with Allen. My reasoning is because, that's why.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom