Class of 2016 - QB/TE (Jasen) Jay Rose (CT) Leaving UConn | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB/TE (Jasen) Jay Rose (CT) Leaving UConn

Pure speculation, but I wonder if the coaching staff wanted to watch him in a live game at quarterback his senior year, realized that this kid is pretty dang good throwing the ball, and reached back out to him to say he would definitely be coming in as a quarterback first option. This in turn is what caused him to delay his commitment announcement back a few days to seriously think over Syracuse's new position with him.

Maybe all he needed was a guarantee that he could compete for the QB position. Not unlike Ron Thompson who was recruited as a DE by everyone, but also at TE by SU and a few others. He went where the team needs him most.

Press conference right? Would think the home team is the choice.

Press conference right? Would think the home team is the choice.
I have to think so. Honestly, I think it would make more sense for him to choose UConn unless he really just wants to play for a P5 team.

How will we find out his decision?
Twitter. There's a CT HS reporter there who will presumably tweet it out. I'm refreshing his feed pretty frequently.

Good luck to Jay. Hope he does well in Storrs.

I mean...hometown team where he could be a 3-4 year starter at QB vs out of state team where, if he actually stays at QB, he might start for 1-2 years. It seems kind of like a no-brainer to me to be honest.

I mean...hometown team where he could be a 3-4 year starter at QB vs out of state team where, if he actually stays at QB, he might start for 1-2 years. It seems kind of like a no-brainer to me to be honest.

And if you listen to the video from this morning it seems the Syracuse staff hasn't been in contact with him for weeks. Must think there is a good chance to flip Moore.

Honestly, anyone here think that Rose was actually going to play QB? There's Eric right now, and Rex coming in. He'd most likely have been moved to TE.

Actually they need to take in another QB for 2016. Need the numbers. Injuries happen.

Hopefully their fan won't come over here to rub it in.

Side note, we have them on the schedule next year. Maybe he gets introduced to our D.