QB tidbits | Syracusefan.com

QB tidbits

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
From a professor with tangential FB info up on the Hill.

Staff really likes Mahoney coming out of spring ball. QB 1-a, with not a lot separating him from Dungey.

Staff LOVES Divito. Expect him to really compete for the job as a RS Freshman.

From a professor with tangential FB info up on the Hill.

Staff really likes Mahoney coming out of spring ball. QB 1-a, with not a lot separating him from Dungey.

Staff LOVES Divito. Expect him to really compete for the job as a RS Freshman.
Not a chance.

I respect your source but aside from a permanent injury, nobody is unseating Dungey for the next two seasons.

He's the most talented QB this program has had in 20 years.

Mahoney was serviceable last year, but he would have to have made a quantum leap in the off-season to be QB 1-a, IMO.

Still, a nice problem to have.

And glad to hear what you heard about Devito

No disrespect but I'll believe when I see it. As far as Mahoney from what I have seen the guy has a pop gun for an arm and folds in game. I like Devito down the road but in no way shape or form do I see him surpassing Dungey unless there is a injury involved.

Not a chance.

I respect your source but aside from a permanent injury, nobody is unseating Dungey for the next two seasons.

I agree, ED is the man the next 2 years and while i love TD too, the good professor loses cred about TDs prediction after saying ZM is close to ED.

Dungey will start the season, get hurt, and the DeVito Era will start at some point this year.
Eric moves on as a grad transfer...
download (1).jpg

I can see some truth to this as Mahoney and Dungey where 1 and 1a after last spring ball. Mahoney is a smart kid and really gets this offense. Of course the staff loves Devito as he is going to be the highest rated QB commit they have gotten and well he is damn good.

No disrespect but I'll believe when I see it. As far as Mahoney from what I have seen the guy has a pop gun for an arm and folds in game. I like Devito down the road but in no way shape or form do I see him surpassing Dungey unless there is a injury involved.
Folds in game? He has played extremely well for his ability against some great teams. What an unfair thing to say.

Folds in game? He has played extremely well for his ability against some great teams. What an unfair thing to say.

Well bottom line how many games he has played have Syracuse won? Also within your statement "for his ability" exactly which is why he is a backup. Listen I get it he's the lovable underdog and everyone roots for him.

Last edited:
Dungey will start the season, get hurt, and the DeVito Era will start at some point this year.
Eric moves on as a grad transfer...
View attachment 98040

Don't care for your post predicting ED gets hurt when most of us on this board pray and hope for his health. Brutal. TD isnt ready in year 1 and our success hinges upon ED's health. Get real. Are you from Connecticut?

Lol he's a backup period which is all I'm saying.
Well, it's not what you were saying. "Well bottom line how many games he has played have Syracuse won?" Context is important. Which games did he start? NC St, FL St, and Pitt (in which he went 43-61). He didn't play defense in that Pitt game. Maybe he should have.

I'm glad I descided it best I stay out of this stuff ! Tommy is all moved in and I'm waiting for my phone call ! Mom 2-0 so far on calls :bang:
I dropped my first off at West Point in late June...about 2 hours in listening to joint briefings...at a huge auditorium...the CO told us without warning we had 60 seconds to say our good-byes. I saw my son walk away not to be seen again until late August. Phone calls from us were out of the question for the next two months. Perspective...caretaker :p

Don't care for your post predicting ED gets hurt when most of us on this board pray and hope for his health. Brutal. TD isnt ready in year 1 and our success hinges upon ED's health. Get real. Are you from Connecticut?
Hey, it's not like I want Dungey to get hurt again; but durability is a trait, just like arm strength or speed. Some athletes have it, and some don't. Look at Mahoney, when he runs I have full confidence that he takes the hit and bounces up,; with Eric, I cringe and hold my breath...

Hey, it's not like I want Dungey to get hurt again; but durability is a trait, just like arm strength or speed. Some athletes have it, and some don't. Look at Mahoney, when he runs I have full confidence that he takes the hit and bounces up,; with Eric, I cringe and hold my breath...

I do too, but ED has taken some vicious hits, but to predict he will get hurt and its TDs year was a bit rough. I also do see your point about some athletes having that knack to avoid hits.

I do too, but ED has taken some vicious hits, but to predict he will get hurt and its TDs year was a bit rough. I also do see your point about some athletes having that knack to avoid hits.
Maybe so, I hope ED plays the full year. And that first hit vs. CMU was an all time cheap shot. Some humans are built more sturdy; the Cal Rikens and A.C. Green's of the world...

Not a chance.

Unless Devito is more talented.

When you have taken your son to every practice, every game. 5-6 days a week for 10-15 years. Coached him, trained with him, been on the receiving end of thousands (probably tens of thousands) of passes. Given guidance, educated him. It leaves a big hole in your life. Take solace in giving your son the ability to reach a goal that many people dream about, but few people ever reach. I feel for you care taker. You have done a great job. Now learn to sit back and reap the fruits of your labors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom