QB tidbits | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

QB tidbits

From a professor with tangential FB info up on the Hill.

Staff really likes Mahoney coming out of spring ball. QB 1-a, with not a lot separating him from Dungey.

Staff LOVES Divito. Expect him to really compete for the job as a RS Freshman.

Greatly appreciate the info, thank you.

Lol he's a backup period which is all I'm saying.

A backup that nearly beat a top 10 LSU if not for the greatest college RB talent in our lifetimes. Yes, I think he'll be better than Peterson and potentially Ricky Williams.

Put up 60 against pitt.

Played Clemson too if I'm not mistaken.

Dude's tough as nails and deserves more respect, he's absolutely earned it.

More credit to him as being the backup you get such fewer reps , even more impressive to come in mid season

I can see some truth to this as Mahoney and Dungey where 1 and 1a after last spring ball. Mahoney is a smart kid and really gets this offense. Of course the staff loves Devito as he is going to be the highest rated QB commit they have gotten and well he is damn good.

Wow sounds familiar then

I think Dino has always been high on Mahoney. He isn't a 1A though.

Just start the season already !

Don't forget your man Culpepper - he looked good in the spring game. Mahoney is a senior and Dungey is a junior so they are "right now". Culpepper and Devito are the future. At least you don't have a running QB plan in your offense - the runs are only when a gap opens and receivers are covered - I always fear a running QB like Lamar Jackson getting whacked but he went a whole year without that happening. When two bodies going in opposite directions collide, like cars in a "head-on" collision, the forces are much greater. It's bad to be "a sitting duck" behind the line, but you can slide down or duck before you get hit and avoid a concussion, otherwise you would have to say like the late Jack Dempsey "Honey, I forgot to duck".

I dropped my first off at West Point in late June...about 2 hours in listening to joint briefings...at a huge auditorium...the CO told us without warning we had 60 seconds to say our good-byes. I saw my son walk away not to be seen again until late August. Phone calls from us were out of the question for the next two months. Perspective...caretaker :p

Mark, West Point really, but you are an Air Force guy.

No disrespect but I'll believe when I see it. As far as Mahoney from what I have seen the guy has a pop gun for an arm and folds in game. I like Devito down the road but in no way shape or form do I see him surpassing Dungey unless there is a injury involved.

The guy went toe to toe with some of the best teams on our schedule the last two years when we were significantly outmatched. To say the kid folds in games BS.

I'm going to attempt to give some tidbits withiout giving away any classified info lol
I met Devin Butler who lives right across from TD , very polite and polished young man . Devin has taken TD ,Nykiem,and Johnson under his wing already ! Now that's a leader . Td and company had a early throwing session ,but at night Devin joined for a 2nd one and started teaching these pups the ropes . TD was very impressed with Butler . Butler had things to say as well but again I will not comment directly on Qb play ... stay tuned for any info I can give I will gladly pass along .

8a.jpg

I'm going to attempt to give some tidbits withiout giving away any classified info lol
I met Devin Butler who lives right across from TD , very polite and polished young man . Devin has taken TD ,Nykiem,and Johnson under his wing already ! Now that's a leader . Td and company had a early throwing session ,but at night Devin joined for a 2nd one and started teaching these pups the ropes . TD was very impressed with Butler . Butler had things to say as well but again I will not comment directly on Qb play ... stay tuned for any info I can give I will gladly pass along .

I assume you mean Devin Butler the grad transfer DB? Not Devin Butler the SO WR?

Glad to hear that Mahoney is a viable option. In my perfect world, I'd love to RS TD no matter how talented he is provided ED, ZM, and RC can get us to 6 wins. I thought for sure that Mahoney would transfer to Western Michigan to re-unite with Tim Lester. Is he eligible to transfer as a grad student even though he's played 4 years? (1 at JC, 3, including this upcoming season, at SU)

I'm not surprised. We heard the same thing last year in the offseason.

Yeah, I'm surprised it took 38 posts of scoffing before this came out. People who definitely know what they're talking about said Mahoney was close last spring.

Glad to hear that Mahoney is a viable option. In my perfect world, I'd love to RS TD no matter how talented he is provided ED, ZM, and RC can get us to 6 wins. I thought for sure that Mahoney would transfer to Western Michigan to re-unite with Tim Lester. Is he eligible to transfer as a grad student even though he's played 4 years? (1 at JC, 3, including this upcoming season, at SU)

Nope.

Yeah, I'm surprised it took 38 posts of scoffing before this came out. People who definitely know what they're talking about said Mahoney was close last spring.

I made reference to it in post 7, but did not want to be to rational ;)

From a professor with tangential FB info up on the Hill.

Staff really likes Mahoney coming out of spring ball. QB 1-a, with not a lot separating him from Dungey.

Staff LOVES Divito. Expect him to really compete for the job as a RS Freshman.

i know i know spring games mean nothing. But Mahoney looked horrific in the spring game.

I know I wasn't going to comment on Qb's but Mahoney mad some really bad throws and
I assume you mean Devin Butler the grad transfer DB? Not Devin Butler the SO WR?
the WR

A backup that nearly beat a top 10 LSU if not for the greatest college RB talent in our lifetimes. Yes, I think he'll be better than Peterson and potentially Ricky Williams.

Put up 60 against pitt.

Played Clemson too if I'm not mistaken.

Dude's tough as nails and deserves more respect, he's absolutely earned it.

Let's tone this back a little bit

Let's tone this back a little bit
fournette single handedly won that game for them. They had a mediocre passing game and their defense didn't prove as potent as advertised.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom