QB tidbits | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

QB tidbits

NEARLY beat though?
I cant remember the score i was up at the crack of dawn with LSU fans in armory. I just remember LSU only winning as they did because Fournette went hellascheming on us

Don't forget your man Culpepper - he looked good in the spring game. Mahoney is a senior and Dungey is a junior so they are "right now". Culpepper and Devito are the future. At least you don't have a running QB plan in your offense - the runs are only when a gap opens and receivers are covered - I always fear a running QB like Lamar Jackson getting whacked but he went a whole year without that happening. When two bodies going in opposite directions collide, like cars in a "head-on" collision, the forces are much greater. It's bad to be "a sitting duck" behind the line, but you can slide down or duck before you get hit and avoid a concussion, otherwise you would have to say like the late Jack Dempsey "Honey, I forgot to duck".

Nobody looked good in the spring game.

That reminds me, im gonna put in a call to Baton Rouge City Hall and warn them that we're gonna drink their town dry.

while certainly..."Past Performance is no Guarantee of Future Results"...it also can give us a window in as to what to expect.

so here goes...

central conn: Dungey
middle tenn: Dungey
central mich: Dungey
LSU: Mahoney
nc state: Dungey
pitt: Dungey
Clemson: Mahoney
Miami: Mahoney
Fla St: Mahoney
wake: Dungey
lville: Mahoney
bc: Culpepper

I cant remember the score i was up at the crack of dawn with LSU fans in armory. I just remember LSU only winning as they did because Fournette went hellascheming on us
So LSU "only won" because we couldn't stop their best player? Okay then.

Also, Mahoney was 16-38 for 158 and 70 rushing yards. A good day for a backup, but it's total "game manager" crap if you think he set the world on fire.

Also, Mahoney was 16-38 for 158 and 70 rushing yards. A good day for a backup, but it's total "game manager" crap if you think he set the world on fire.
His performance against whats annually considered a top 5 defense was admirable and deserving of respect. LSU didn't handely beat us, they won comfortably on the back of Fournette. Dont see how anyone who watched the game could disagree. His playmaking ability was what saved the tigers from otherwise not showing up that game.

Reactions: FAL
while certainly..."Past Performance is no Guarantee of Future Results"...it also can give us a window in as to what to expect.

so here goes...

That schedule looks worse and worse and worse and worse and worse.

His performance against whats annually considered a top 5 defense was admirable and deserving of respect. LSU didn't handely beat us, they won comfortably on the back of Fournette. Dont see how anyone who watched the game could disagree. His playmaking ability was what saved the tigers from otherwise not showing up that game.
I watched the whole game. Aside from the 60 yard touchdown, I remember him being maddening and inconsistent. Which, you know, is fine. He was a backup who had been on campus for three months and was put into a meat grinder and came out of it as best as you'd expect. I don't know why "he was okay" and "they won, but looked lazy about it" are things we are talking about two years later.

so here goes...

pitt: E got

You havegot to be kidding. Are you for real?

Dungey is the solid #1, untouchable. We're lucky to have a seasoned backup like Mahoney.

I expect DeVito to redshirt this year and come out slinging for the #2 spot next year.

Don't count out Culpepper. Kid has a CANNON.

All hail Babers, this year is going to be fun. Offensive installation continues to be ahead of schedule. Bullish.

#1 Dungey
#2 Mahoney*
#3 Culpepper

RS Devito*

If Dungey goes down in the first 2-3 games, I wouldn't be shocked to see TD get a year of exp in prep for 2018.

Now don't be going around here using actual stats! He played very well FOR A WALK ON, by any other measure he was not good but our expectations were as low as humanly possible in that situation and with a good bit of luck we stayed in that 7-14 pt range for the majority of the game and it wasn't the 42 point annihilation that we were expecting, mostly because Brandon Harris is a horrific thrower of the pigskin.

so here goes...

What is this a list of????

What is this a list of????

I think he's basing it on Dungey's injury history, the fact that Mahoney performs admirably but doesn't win games, and by the end of the season we'll be out of bowl contention, Dungey will be out for the season and Rex will get a shot at a start.

I think he's basing it on Dungey's injury history, the fact that Mahoney performs admirably but doesn't win games, and by the end of the season we'll be out of bowl contention, Dungey will be out for the season and Rex will get a shot at a start.

Thanks for the explanation, but its a dumb and unintelligent post. REALLY? Listing qb starters by predicting week to week qb injuries???? Beyond dumb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom