QB tidbits | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

QB tidbits

Not to mention being behind Eli Manning who has missed exactly 0 starts in his entire career.

Yes, agree, but he could have been held as a backup or delt with value to another team if he showed those skills in practice and the preseason.

Yeah it was a really solid group. I still remember when they added Chibane late in that shortened 2009 class that Schiano made some dumb comment about him and he ended up being a very good college Lineman.

And Chibane just graduated from Harvard Law School. Not a bad recruiting tool to use as an example. Not so sure that a Rutgers or So Florida education would have gotten him to that.

And Chibane just graduated from Harvard Law School. Not a bad recruiting tool to use as an example. Not so sure that a Rutgers or So Florida education would have gotten him to that.

As much as I hate Rutgers, and I do, academically they are pretty comparable to Syracuse.

Not to mention being behind Eli Manning who has missed exactly 0 starts in his entire career.

It really is remarkable how the Manning brothers where both iron-men. Consecutive Games Started for QB's (All-time rank - Reg Season Games - Playoff Games - Total):

1 - Brett Favre - 297 - 24 - 321
2 - Peyton Manning - 208 - 19 - 227
3 - Eli Manning - 199 - 12 - 211

To eclipse Peyton, Eli needs to just start every game in the 2017 season (seems likely) and either: start in one playoff game (possible) in 2017, or, start the first game of 2018.

To eclipse Brett, Eli needs to start every game for the next 6 seasons and to accumulate 14 more starts. The 14 games could come in the 7th season, or through playoff games (fingers crossed). In other words, at a minimum, he needs to play until he's 42 years old, starting every game and winning at least 2.33 playoff games a season along the way. Crazy talk.

Brett was superhuman. Mad respect.

As much as I hate Rutgers, and I do, academically they are pretty comparable to Syracuse.

Exactly, to think otherwise just isn't very accurate and who cares really. Chibane would have been fine had he gone to either of the 3 schools and it's not because of any of the meathead football coaches he would have played for either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom