QB tidbits | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

QB tidbits

Ryan caught lightning in a bottle.

Dungey just has to win 15 games in the next two years to match Nassib's wins over his three seasons as a starter.

Nassib started thirty eight games in a row. Dungey wants to be considered the best QB in the last 20 years, he has to stay on the field.

Qb's get to much credit for wins and to much blame for losses . O line will dictate a Qb's fate . Also in this "system " easy stats fluff you as well ! this is how to judge a Qb
First the eye test
Arm strength ( with proper mechanics no hitch on intermediate throws)
Mechanics
Release
Anticipation
Footwork
IQ
Athletism
Leadership
Likability

All the stat monsters usually don't even get drafted .why ? Because they lack some of the above . You can watch 2 kids both string armed one hitches up the other doesn't have to or one has a low break and long delivery and the other doesn't. These are the things that separate Qb's the trained eye picks right up on it . It's also so hard to compare Qb's from different years or even the same years it's all about the supporting cast a Qb has . Cuse is in good shape Qb wise it will all come down to the O line

Dungey just has to win 15 games in the next two years to match Nassib's wins over his three seasons as a starter.

Nassib started thirty eight games in a row. Dungey wants to be considered the best QB in the last 20 years, he has to stay on the field.
Or have the Oline RBs and D that Ryan had

Qb's get to much credit for wins and to much blame for losses . O line will dictate a Qb's fate . Also in this "system " easy stats fluff you as well ! this is how to judge a Qb
First the eye test
Mechanics
Release
Anticipation
Footwork
IQ
Athletism
Leadership
Likability

All the stat monsters usually don't even get drafted .why ? Because they lack some of the above . You can watch 2 kids both string armed one hitches up the other doesn't have to or one has a low break and long delivery and the other doesn't. These are the things that separate Qb's the trained eye picks right up on it . It's also so hard to compare Qb's from different years or even the same years it's all about the supporting cast a Qb has . Cuse is in good shape Qb wise it will all come down to the O line

That's a good checklist for qbs. While i loved how nassib developed, ED has more natural talent. Most will be quick to point out RNs arm strength, but EDs is underrated. He can make all the throws. The glaring difference is EDs ability to ab lib when plays break down and also his touch on the ball. Touch on throws is underrated and bullet arm strength is overratted. If the ball comes out on time, you dont need a cannon. Add in the fact that RN played with very good olines and top 20 defenses. RNs game was solid, but robotic and his lack of touch and game feel has held him back in the NFL. ED has these intangibles.

I never watched nassib much he is a hackenberg type , Rocket arm isn't totally necessary but it's nice to have , especially on the out routes it's a must and the comebacks

I never watched nassib much he is a hackenberg type , Rocket arm isn't totally necessary but it's nice to have , especially on the out routes it's a must and the comebacks

Nassib's issue was that he threw nothing but fastballs 99% of the time, including on screens, etc.
It seemed like there were 2-3 incompletions a game that were mostly a function of the ball being thrown waaaay too hard to be easily catchable.

Nassib's issue was that he threw nothing but fastballs 99% of the time, including on screens, etc.
It seemed like there were 2-3 incompletions a game that were mostly a function of the ball being thrown waaaay too hard to be easily catchable.
yeah, he had a fastball and a lob, no change-up...not a good combo.

never developed a change-up in 4 years with the Giants either, hence his current employment status.

That's a good checklist for qbs. While i loved how nassib developed, ED has more natural talent. Most will be quick to point out RNs arm strength, but EDs is underrated. He can make all the throws. The glaring difference is EDs ability to ab lib when plays break down and also his touch on the ball. Touch on throws is underrated and bullet arm strength is overratted. If the ball comes out on time, you dont need a cannon. Add in the fact that RN played with very good olines and top 20 defenses. RNs game was solid, but robotic and his lack of touch and game feel has held him back in the NFL. ED has these intangibles.

Not to mention being behind Eli Manning who has missed exactly 0 starts in his entire career.

Yep people don't realize how much a good d can help a Qb as well

maxresdefault.jpg

First the eye test
Mechanics
Release
Anticipation
Footwork
IQ
Athletism
Leadership
Likability

Which begs the question, how are we feeling about the o line?

When I get the info this summer I will pass it along
Love your insight, but this remark is scary. Doesn't convey much confidence in the current state of the OL and seems contingent on the summer arrivals. If so, oh boy. And hope TD isn't forced to burn the RS because of it.

Love your insight, but this remark is scary. Doesn't convey much confidence in the current state of the OL and seems contingent on the summer arrivals. If so, oh boy. And hope TD isn't forced to burn the RS because of it.
I think you are reading too much into his comment. I think he means he'll have better insight this season as opposed to seeing the team last year.

That 2012 OL was probably the best they had in the past 25 years. Who knows what happens if Pugh plays the first 4 games.

Pugh
Foy
Macky
Chibane
Hickey

Is that it?

Pugh
Foy
Macky
Chibane
Hickey

Is that it?

That's it. Pretty amazing the total # of starts that group ended up having throughout their careers.

That's it. Pretty amazing the total # of starts that group ended up having throughout their careers.

Yeah it was a really solid group. I still remember when they added Chibane late in that shortened 2009 class that Schiano made some dumb comment about him and he ended up being a very good college Lineman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom