QB Tommy Devito is returning | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

QB Tommy Devito is returning

Hell with backup, we need legit competition from within or transfer portal. To just give him the job is why we are where we are with QBs the last two seasons.

This is one side of the coin. The other is that other QB’s look to where they can beat out the incumbent easily. TD can throw and was top half of the ACC in 2019. The guys who think they can beat him out are at Ohio St and Clemson already

This is one side of the coin. The other is that other QB’s look to where they can beat out the incumbent easily. TD can throw and was top half of the ACC in 2019. The guys who think they can beat him out are at Ohio St and Clemson already

So we are stuck and just hand him the keys? Yes I agree he can throw but his awareness in the pocket and decision making is questionable at best.

I think Tommy is a great kid. Hard working, has said all the right things, by all accounts just a good kid.

This is a positive no matter how you cut it. Bringing a guy back who understands the offense and aids depth. Whether you like his ability or not, it’s a positive for the program.

So we are stuck and just hand him the keys? Yes I agree he can throw but his awareness in the pocket and decision making is questionable at best.

Tommy has proved that he can do a lot with an OL in front of him. He did not have that luxury this fall, or last fall for that matter. The OL improved and much return next fall. The injured guys return. There is reason to hold onto hope for decent to good year. Besides, the defense is taking off. They will only get better.

Just my opinion.

Yup.. and the QBs here now are still FR as will the new kid.. so if all goes well we have 3 kids with 4 yrs left the following year when he decided whether to stay for another or not after the Heisman

We need to ramp up the crow supply chain Because we are going to need a lot of it to meet the demand based on this young mans performance next year

This is a good news and a good way to start the off-season. I think Tommy will shine if we have both Davises, Bleich in the fold with Veterello and Bergeron. The Davises and Bleich should make a big difference. If Aaron comes back to try and play a healthy season and not be hobbled by injuries, all the better.

Awesome news. Staff needs to pound the transfer portal and get some 4th and 5th year senior OLs - any P5 quality linemen are welcome. Need at least 3 new quality starters to go with Bleich.

Also need a another P5 quality WR, hope that most of our defensive starters return, and we're in business for 2021.

Excellent news. Our best chance at a decent season. Still need the OL to upgrade.
Just my opinion, with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever, but I think this indicates that there is a good chance that the Oline will be improved next year.

I have to think, with his natural abilities, TD would be welcomed in by any number of programs looking for a QB.

I also have to think that, if TD & Redrum thought that the Oline was going to be a complete disaster next year, there is no way they would be back.

Tommy has proved that he can do a lot with an OL in front of him. He did not have that luxury this fall, or last fall for that matter. The OL improved and much return next fall. The injured guys return. There is reason to hold onto hope for decent to good year. Besides, the defense is taking off. They will only get better.

Just my opinion.

The defense will definitely get better. From everything I have seen and read the oline needs to be perfect for Tommy to function properly and to that I say a lot of quarterbacks can function if given enough time. As a QB you need to make things happen when things break down and not perfect. Trust me I want Tommy to succeed which means Syracuse is doing well but so far I haven't seen it.

The defense will definitely get better. From everything I have seen and read the oline needs to be perfect for Tommy to function properly and to that I say a lot of quarterbacks can function if given enough time. As a QB you need to make things happen when things break down and not perfect. Trust me I want Tommy to succeed which means Syracuse is doing well but so far I haven't seen it.
There is plenty of time for pessimistic posts. This is neither the time nor the place for this.

Dino will play whoever gives us the best chance to win. There is no way Tommy coming back hurts that cause.

No - you have to try to bring in competition. We did that last year, but Fortin chose South Florida. What I’m saying is that it’s hard to bring in competition because those guys want to play. The ones who are good enough to beat out an entrenched starter 4 years into a system - are the elite guys and they are choosing better opportunities.

Maybe my head is in the clouds but I didn't realize there was any chance of him leaving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom