QB Tommy Devito is returning | Syracusefan.com

QB Tommy Devito is returning

Most important news for Syracuse football. Our success with senior QBs putting it together for a final season are amazing. Very few have flamed out (Graves). I hope he has a Philcox, Dungey, McNabb, Donnie Mac like last year and he's able to go out with his head held high and an exotic trip to a faraway bowl game.

Merry Christmas to Syracuse fans. The work isn't done but this shows a desire to work within the program.

Kid is a good teammate and cares so him coming back helps the QB room.

I don’t mind if he starts on the top of the depth chart in the spring.
We just need real depth at the position.
I would look at a decent backup on the transfer market, it would have helped if we got our freshman qbs this year some more reps, instead of playing a 5th year senior, but what can you do?

I would look at a decent backup on the transfer market, it would have helped if we got our freshman qbs this year some more reps, instead of playing a 5th year senior, but what can you do?

JaCobian played over Rex until he got hurt. I think you can say based on that, that Tex wasn’t ready to even take that many reps. It’s unsafe to put kids in those positions when they are not quite there yet

JaCobian played over Rex until he got hurt. I think you can say based on that, that Tex wasn’t ready to even take that many reps. It’s unsafe to put kids in those positions when they are not quite there yet
Then that is on the coaching staff for not getting him ready. When your 1-8 and 1-9, playing a 5th year senior makes zero sense.

Hell with backup, we need legit competition from within or transfer portal. To just give him the job is why we are where we are with QBs the last two seasons.

Then that is on the coaching staff for not getting him ready. When your 1-8 and 1-9, playing a 5th year senior makes zero sense.

Lol. No - you go into a season with limited camp hoping to not have to get true freshman QB #4 game ready vs Notre Dame. Plus, development isn’t just on the coaches. Players aren’t robots.

I’m all for getting young guys experience, esp this year. But it’s good to have a 5th year Sr who is able to run the offense enough to keep himself safe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom