Class of 2024 - QB Trever Jackson (FL) Committed to FSU | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Trever Jackson (FL) Committed to FSU

They are taking him as a PWO

As an in-state dude, they can throw him a little NIL to cover the modest cost of attendance, and if he pans out, then maybe he'll get a scholly.

A low-cost way for FSU to get more than 85 guys on the roster.

As an in-state dude, they can throw him a little NIL to cover the modest cost of attendance, and if he pans out, then maybe he'll get a scholly.

A low-cost way for FSU to get more than 85 guys on the roster.
Hahaha! If teams start abusing that loophole it’s lights out. Large state schools will have 200 guys on their rosters. No private school will ever win another game.

Hahaha! If teams start abusing that loophole it’s lights out. Large state schools will have 200 guys on their rosters. No private school will ever win another game.
You can still only play 11 guys at one time. Nobody wants to be the 10th guy on the depth chart. The water boy would see the field more.

Like Johnny Majors run at Pitt years ago.

He was an elite 11 QB but that was based off a year against subpar competition.

You've dug your heels in on this one for some reason (I don't care that you have) but Elite 11 doesn't have anything to do with his HS competition. He had to make and qualify for the elite 11.

Spent a minute to look him up and he won MVP at the Miami rivals camp and then won the MVP at his regional Elite 11 in Orlando which is why I'd guess he got into the Elite 11 finals.

Maybe FSU is taking a flyer on the kid or maybe he's had questionable grades or questionable character. IDK, time will tell.

Last edited:
You've dug your heels in on this one for some reason (I don't care that you have) but Elite 11 doesn't have anything to do with his HS competition. He had to make and qualify for the elite 11.

Spent a minute to look him up and he won MVP at the Miami rivals camp and then won the MVP at his regional Elite 11 in Orlando which is why I'd guess he got into the Elite 11 finals.

Maybe FSU is taking a flyer on the kid or maybe he's had questionable grades or questionable character. IDK, time will tell.
Fair enough.

Don't forget Devito did that too in his regional camps.

FSU is recruiting him as an athlete, not a QB.

To me the kid got some wheels but he needs a lot of work on his accuracy

FSU is recruiting him as an athlete, not a QB.
Read several articles following his commitment to FSU. The general take was that he would most likely be a PWO as a QB. I didn't see any mention of bringing him in as an "athlete." Not saying you are wrong, just wondering where it was reported.

Read several articles following his commitment to FSU. The general take was that he would most likely be a PWO as a QB. I didn't see any mention of bringing him in as an "athlete." Not saying you are wrong, just wondering where it was reported.
Schools do this all the time. Tell the player they can play QB there, and then the next year they move them to a position they are better suited for. The player then either switches positions, or gets mad and transfers (see: Shrader, Braden Davis, etc).

Schools do this all the time. Tell the player they can play QB there, and then the next year they move them to a position they are better suited for. The player then either switches positions, or gets mad and transfers (see: Shrader, Braden Davis, etc).
Yup, I get that. What I am asking is are you assuming that moving to another position will happen with Jackson, or did you see it reported somewhere?

Yup, I get that. What I am asking is are you assuming that moving to another position will happen with Jackson, or did you see it reported somewhere?
Educated reading between the lines

We did that with Villari.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom