Quade Green academically ineligible | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Quade Green academically ineligible

coaching being the biggest

That team is preseason top 10 with K or Cal at the helm. Zero questions.
I see you’re spewing your hot garbage all over the board this morning. Quit trashing Hop. K and Cal get 3-5 top 50 recruits every season, plus they always have experience coming back. Washington doesn’t have the experienced guys and lacks a really good outside shooter.

Oooph that was a really tough watch. The Oregon and Arizona game was a much better watch on ESPN.
Washington is a scrappy team. They actually remind me of the last 2-3 SU bubble teams (not this years). I can see why Mcdaniels was a 5 star recruit but he is also proof that not all high end talent is ready to dominate when they hit campus.

I think they'l get better as the year goes on and it doesn't hurt having one of the best players in the NCAA with Stewart. They have the looks of a bubble team.
They also remind me of our last 2 bubble teams. They just don't have people that can hit perimeter shots. Their one saving grace is they are athletic so they could get in the tournament and have a lock down game or two with the zone and Stewart could get his with some help and they could beat someone good.

As most of us SU fans over the years have suffered in anguish relative to our charity stripe woes, I bet UW fans are getting a taste of it themselves today. Hard to win games when you shoot 12-25 from the foul line, especially on the road against a conference opponent. It clearly contributed to that 14-1 Stanford run to close out the game and sealed UW's fate.

I see you’re spewing your hot garbage all over the board this morning. Quit trashing Hop. K and Cal get 3-5 top 50 recruits every season, plus they always have experience coming back. Washington doesn’t have the experienced guys and lacks a really good outside shooter.
I always love arguments that boil down to a coach is so bad that I'm comparing them to Cal and K who are 2 of the top 10 basketball coaches of the last 40 years.

As most of us SU fans over the years have suffered in anguish relative to our charity stripe woes, I bet UW fans are getting a taste of it themselves today. Hard to win games when you shoot 12-25 from the foul line, especially on the road against a conference opponent. It clearly contributed to that 14-1 Stanford run to close out the game and seal UW's fate.
It definitely reminded me of a Syracuse loss I have seen over and over again where you are ahead and thinking if they hit a few 3's in the next handful of possessions we are going to lose and then boom it happens.

Haha He obviously was fishing for a response and got it from you. I'm wondering if the UW fans start to turn on Hop if he misses the dance this year with all the high end talent they have? Will the folks here still be clamoring for his return if he underachieves for a couple seasons?
I doubt it. It is a football school and the fan base does not have near those expectations. Romar brough in good talent and missed the tournament for like 6 straight years. There were still a good amount of people that weren't for a change until he lost 22 games and even then there were people not on board.

Haha He obviously was fishing for a response and got it from you. I'm wondering if the UW fans start to turn on Hop if he misses the dance this year with all the high end talent they have? Will the folks here still be clamoring for his return if he underachieves for a couple seasons?
Fans can be idiots. All through the early 80s and until we made the title game in 1987 (and even again into the early 90s), Syracuse fans complained about Boeheim’s coaching. He was always criticized as a good recruiter who relied on the Dome and the Big East to get players and basically just rolled the balls out. The 1996 title team changed the perception on him. People who understood the game understood JB’s brilliance (not that he doesn't have flaws too). Hop spent 25-30 years learning from the master, has a proven ability to develop players, and has proven himself as a great recruiter with a more dynamic personality than JB. I prefer a guy who knows exactly what it takes to win at Syracuse and knows the East Coast recruiting landscape in and out and has the recruiting connections necessary to land the best players. His in-game head coaching acumen will improve over time, too. I will fully support him as the next SU coach.

Washington shoots only 2% worse from 3 than Duke and 3% better than Kentucky. Problems are way more nuanced than your basic oversimplication.

Even acknowledging pereimeter shooting as a problem, if you have a poor perimeter shooting team, maybe feed your monstrous center more. There’s no one in the feeble PAC 12 who can contain him.

Wright (28%) has taken as many 3’s this year as Carter (41%), their second best outside shooter. That’s not good coaching to allow that midway through a season.

I haven’t seen a reasonable take on Hopkins yet. Too many have already made up their mind that Cuse lost the next great head coach despite no evidence of this whatsoever.

Ask CBB fans outside of Spokane and Syracuse, and you’d be hard-pressed to find more than a handful of people who even have an opinion on the guy. That’s how obscure he’s been so far. We’re making a titan out of a shadow here.
He obviously sucks. I'm not sure how he hasn't overtaken Cal and K by year 3. He must be lazy or hate winning. LOL keep up the H0T Takes. Your cracking me up.

For one, they have two lottery picks who will be a lot better in a March. But they will likely get Green back in March. He’s academically ineligible for the winter quarter which ends in about 10 weeks.
Ever heard of Fab Melo?

You dont even know where Washington is troll.

So obscure to win coach of the year twice and turning down a UCLA interview.
He does cast a coach of the year shadow or two...
Conference coach of the year. For a weak conference.

It would have been super easy with our elite back court. Good lord
They would get a ton of open looks with Stewart in the middle. Maybe not 13-2, but 11-4 seems reasonable.

They would get a ton of open looks with Stewart in the middle. Maybe not 13-2, but 11-4 seems reasonable.
Our issue isn't scoring. Our issue is our guards can't stay in front of anyone. Stewart would fouling out and we would still be giving up 75 points a game

Now coach of the year awards don't matter in p5 conferences. LOL.
No, it's called clarifying. He didn't win national coach of the year, that's number one. Number two, the Pac-12 was historically bad the last two seasons. Only three bids each year. Washington won the conference and they were just a 9-seed. Hopkins didn't exactly face stiff competition for those honors. So let's not go around flaunting awards as if they would automatically translate to success elsewhere.

Our issue isn't scoring. Our issue is our guards can't stay in front of anyone. Stewart would fouling out and we would still be giving up 75 points a game

Talk about hyperbole.

Joe and Buddy are not the only problem and we aren't even giving up 75 points a game now. Using them as a scapegoat for every problem is a bit much.

Our offense definitely cost us in the Iowa and Virginia Tech game. Also maybe with Stewart we don't give up 30 and 15 to Mooney so yes I think we probably have 3 more wins just with him.

But yeah if we had other guards Sidibe would definitely turn into Rick Jackson or Arinze Onuaku.

I just hope that Hop's reasons for being skeptical of returning to Syracuse do not include the initial fan reaction to his 7-game stint. The team did not look good during that stretch. I think most fans had a natural reaction to those results. It's the only sample size we had to go on. Did some fans give him the stink eye at wegmans ? Did anyone call his home phone and threaten him? That I could understand.

Open looks mean more scoring. More scoring means overcoming defensive inefficiencies.

I'm not saying we wouldn't be better with with top 5 recruit. We have gave up 89 to Georgetown, 70 to north Florida, 80 something to Notre Dame. Sidibe ciujd be better for sure and is part of the problem but in my opinion JG3 and Buddy are the main issue. The original statement was 13-2 easily which implies it could be ever better. That is what I was disputing

true but rebounding has cost us some games too and I think Stewart helps with that, I think our last 2 losses are probably reversed and maybe Gtown.

true but rebounding has cost us some games too and I think Stewart helps with that, I think our last 2 losses are probably reversed and maybe Gtown.

I dont think Stewart gets the ball much in our offense. I dont really see Joe as a feed the post kind of guy and not sure if Buddy is capable.

It would be Raks junior year all over again.

The point is moot, there is no reason a skilled big would or should want to come here.

I dont really see Joe as a feed the post kind of guy and not sure if Buddy is capable.
Really? I've been pleasantly surprised by how well Girard passes to the bigs. He does look for Marek and Sidibe and does a pretty solid job overall.

Fans can be idiots. All through the early 80s and until we made the title game in 1987 (and even again into the early 90s), Syracuse fans complained about Boeheim’s coaching.
There were some valid reasons to complain early in his career.
The big issue was that he seemed to have a poor sense of game momentum.
Late calling timeouts to stop a run.
Too quick slowing game to run clock.
This was particularly a problem before he shot clock.
The last game at Manley is a good example of sitting on the ball too soon when the Orange were doing well attacking.

One time when stall ball worked was that classic OT game against Chris Mullin and St. John's...when it seemed the entire team had fouled out. Boeheim rightly held the ball for the final 2:30 and Greg Monroe (the most under-appreciated shooting guard in SU history) swished his patented corner jumper for the win.

There were some valid reasons to complain early in his career.
The big issue was that he seemed to have a poor sense of game momentum.
Late calling timeouts to stop a run.
Too quick slowing game to run clock.
This was particularly a problem before he shot clock.
The last game at Manley is a good example of sitting on the ball too soon when the Orange were doing well attacking.

One time when stall ball worked was that classic OT game against Chris Mullin and St. John's...when it seemed the entire team had fouled out. Boeheim rightly held the ball for the final 2:30 and Greg Monroe (the most under-appreciated shooting guard in SU history) swished his patented corner jumper for the win.

I’ve never liked the idea of calling timeouts just to stop a run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom