Quade Green academically ineligible | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Quade Green academically ineligible

They do have plenty of athletes, but it’s not a fun style of basketball. Lots of bad shooting and low scores-grinding it out.
Points directly to bad coaching. A coach like Roy Williams would have that team running nonstop and optimizing their athleticism. He’d also feed Isaiah in the post nonstop. Hopkins has used his personnel terribly.

Lotta folks say what Coach K and Cal do is easy - they take the best talent, albeit inexperienced, and win.

Hopkins proving it ain’t easy at all. He’s done a tragic job with this Huskies team. His same roster at Duke or Kentucky is easily a top 10 squad, not a bubble team without marquee wins.

His recruiting has been specutacular. In-game coaching and team. building a whole different story. The West Coast’s Scott Drew

This is dumb. They were in control all game despite a rare off night from Stewart. The home team got hot late and won.

They lost everything last year. Its early January. They have looked great at times and so so at others.

Yes, Stanford is a team that right now is very good who knows if they keep it up its Stanford but they are the only undefeated P12. They were 3 point favorites. Pac 12 is up this year. UW was unranked preseason.

Now if Hop doesn't finish .500 or better in conference play then you can question the job hes done.

If they tank and miss the NCAAs I wonder if JB agrees to step down for Hop to take over us. JB can trust him to not screw Buddy. We should start praying for that. And yes I still want him even if this young team underachieves hes shown enough.

This is dumb. They were in control all game despite a rare off night from Stewart. The home team got hot late and won.

They lost everything last year. Its early January. They have looked great at times and so so at others.

Yes, Stanford is a team that right now is very good who knows if they keep it up its Stanford but they are the only undefeated P12. They were 3 point favorites. Pac 12 is up this year. UW was unranked preseason.

Now if Hop doesn't finish .500 or better in conference play then you can question the job hes done.

If they tank and miss the NCAAs I wonder if JB agrees to step down for Hop to take over us. JB can trust him to not screw Buddy. We should start praying for that. And yes I still want him even if this young team underachieves hes shown enough.

His roster has three 5-stars and two 4-stars. It was a top 3 recruiting class in CBB this past year. The last time Boeheim had that many top recruits at his disposal was 2012, and that team went 30-1 and was the best team in the country pre-Fab suspension.

Meanwhile, Washington is 11-5, rated 43rd in the country by KenPom (93rd orffemsively) in the weakest CBB field ever, and their lone relevant win is Baylor. They have losses to the KenPom #48, #49,and #119 teams.

Hopkins has demonstrated zero ability to coach whatsoever. He took Boeheim’s defense with him, and his two teams have only been good defensively. Despite heavy talent each of the last two years (Thybull is a scant rotation player in the NBA as a rookie), his teams have been awful scoring the basketball in the worst defensive high major conference in America.

Just looked it up and I was shocked. They're 17 in the NET rankings. 50th in KenPom.

Will be a great road win for Washington if they pull it off.
Wouldn’t pay any mind to the NET, especially so early in the conference season. Those rankings are as bad as your typical RPI slate.

His roster has three 5-stars and two 4-stars. It was a top 3 recruiting class in CBB this past year. The last time Boeheim had that many top recruits at his disposal was 2012, and that team went 30-1 and was the best team in the country pre-Fab suspension.

Meanwhile, Washington is 11-5, rated 43rd in the country by KenPom (93rd orffemsively) in the weakest CBB field ever, and their lone relevant win is Baylor. They have losses to the KenPom #48, #49,and #119 teams.

Hopkins has demonstrated zero ability to coach whatsoever. He took Boeheim’s defense with him, and his two teams have only been good defensively. Despite heavy talent each of the last two years (Thybull is a scant rotation player in the NBA as a rookie), his teams have been awful scoring the basketball in the worst defensive high major conference in America.
They were #10 by 2 4 7. Still claiming Green is a 5 star nonsense. he wasn't in that last class and that was 3 years ago. They have underachieved but their preseason ranking was barely in the top 25. They had flaws.

They were #10 by 2 4 7. Still claiming Green is a 5 star nonsense. he wasn't in that last class and that was 3 years ago. They have underachieved but their preseason ranking was barely in the top 25. They had flaws.
coaching being the biggest

That team is preseason top 10 with K or Cal at the helm. Zero questions.

Is UW supposed to be good?

I mean, I get Stewart, and McDaniels flashes at times, but the TEAM looks just meh.

Expected more after all of the hype here.
Seeing a lot of “grass is greener on the other side” here in support of Hop and Washington, even when to an objective observer that lawn has just as many weeds as ours, and at a much higher property value.

If they’re not dangerous in the regular season, why would they be dangerous in the tournament against better competition?

For one, they have two lottery picks who will be a lot better in a March. But they will likely get Green back in March. He’s academically ineligible for the winter quarter which ends in about 10 weeks.

I was thinking perimeter shooting
Washington shoots only 2% worse from 3 than Duke and 3% better than Kentucky. Problems are way more nuanced than your basic oversimplication.

Even acknowledging pereimeter shooting as a problem, if you have a poor perimeter shooting team, maybe feed your monstrous center more. There’s no one in the feeble PAC 12 who can contain him.

Wright (28%) has taken as many 3’s this year as Carter (41%), their second best outside shooter. That’s not good coaching to allow that midway through a season.

I haven’t seen a reasonable take on Hopkins yet. Too many have already made up their mind that Cuse lost the next great head coach despite no evidence of this whatsoever.

Ask CBB fans outside of Spokane and Syracuse, and you’d be hard-pressed to find more than a handful of people who even have an opinion on the guy. That’s how obscure he’s been so far. We’re making a titan out of a shadow here.

For one, they have two lottery picks who will be a lot better in a March. But they will likely get Green back in March. He’s academically ineligible for the winter quarter which ends in about 10 weeks.
They haven’t been good even with Green. Their lottery picks have been great. The likelihood of them getting much bette is marginal. Their role guys need to perform better and that seems like a tall task. Above all, the team’s talent isn’t being optimized by coaching.

I wonder if Isaiah Stewart ever regrets his decision? We would easily be 13-2 at this point with him in the lineup

Washington shoots only 2% worse from 3 than Duke and 3% better than Kentucky. Problems are way more nuanced than your basic oversimplication.

Even acknowledging pereimeter shooting as a problem, if you have a poor perimeter shooting team, maybe feed your monstrous center more. There’s no one in the feeble PAC 12 who can contain him.

Wright (28%) has taken as many 3’s this year as Carter (41%), their second best outside shooter. That’s not good coaching to allow that midway through a season.

I haven’t seen a reasonable take on Hopkins yet. Too many have already made up their mind that Cuse lost the next great head coach despite no evidence of this whatsoever.

Ask CBB fans outside of Spokane and Syracuse, and you’d be hard-pressed to find more than a handful of people who even have an opinion on the guy. That’s how obscure he’s been so far. We’re making a titan out of a shadow here.
He does cast a coach of the year shadow or two...

Oooph that was a really tough watch. The Oregon and Arizona game was a much better watch on ESPN.
Washington is a scrappy team. They actually remind me of the last 2-3 SU bubble teams (not this years). I can see why Mcdaniels was a 5 star recruit but he is also proof that not all high end talent is ready to dominate when they hit campus.

I think they'l get better as the year goes on and it doesn't hurt having one of the best players in the NCAA with Stewart. They have the looks of a bubble team.

You dont even know where Washington is troll.

So obscure to win coach of the year twice and turning down a UCLA interview.
Haha He obviously was fishing for a response and got it from you. I'm wondering if the UW fans start to turn on Hop if he misses the dance this year with all the high end talent they have? Will the folks here still be clamoring for his return if he underachieves for a couple seasons?

Is UW supposed to be good?

I mean, I get Stewart, and McDaniels flashes at times, but the TEAM looks just meh.

Expected more after all of the hype here.
I don't know if they are good but they are boring.

Wait to you think University of Washington is in Spokane? He won back to back coach of the year awards in the pac 12 taking over a 22 loss team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom